1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptism spoken upon the believers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Aug 31, 2008.

1. trustitl

trustitl New Member

Tell that to those unbelievers who will be baptized with fire. They will wish there was some :tear: .

2. trustitl

trustitl New Member

The Jews baptized unto Moses are thankful they didn't even get wet in the middle of the Red Sea. :thumbs:

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yet they passed through the water:

"For I want you to know, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea"

Yep - water was involved.

4. trustitl

trustitl New Member

The immersion was into Moses which is why they were not wet with Pharoah and his men. The significance is the same as being immersed into Christ. We are safe in Him.

5. Darron Steele

Darron Steele New Member

Okay -- you tell me where we mortals baptize anyone in fire, or how I would baptize someone into the Holy Spirit. I never see mortals doing any of these things. If I remember right, Jesus Christ baptizes in these things.

The last case in non-symbolic language -- in water -- is where a mortal Christian baptized another mortal Christian. Now, Jesus Christ said:
    Matthew 28:19-20 “Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations|. Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach them to obey everything that I have taught you,| and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (NASB|NCV|NASB).​
    As a Christian, I will assert that we should do as Jesus Christ taught us.

As we can see from Acts and the rest of the New Testament, His followers agreed.
    Amen. The attitude of a Christian.

If Jesus Christ said to do it, the attitude `I do not see why we need to do it' is not appropriate to a Christian. If Jesus Christ said to do it, that ought to be enough reason. Thank you for speaking up.

#25 Darron Steele, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Yep - when "baptised into Moses".

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But when baptised into Christ, it is Fire and Power, i.e., the Holy Spirit, 'involved'.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Darren Steele:
    "Ansi, I'll stick with Jesus' words, thank you very much. I think He knows more about this.Amen. DS: The attitude of a Christian."

GE:
    What did Jesus not tell us? That He will baptise us in water? That He made John a liar? That it's not a Christian attitude to recall "He shall baptise you with Fire and Power"?