1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptism

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Anja, May 27, 2003.

?
  1. Water baptism is unnecessary for Christians today

100.0%
  2. Water baptism is necessary for Christians today

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Several problemmatic points.

Then you haven't been listening. We refuse to think outside the box of Scripture. I am constrained by that alone. If the Great Commission does not apply to the church then it does not apply to anyone. The disciples founded the church on the basis of the Great Commission. Your thinking outside the box has led you down a path that denies the plain teaching of Scripture.

I don't know of anyone who has said this. Baptism is a testimony to those assembled, the church, who votes a person into local church membership on the basis of this profession. This is basic baptist polity.

I hope they will too. I hope they will see that you have failed to support your points from Scripture. YOu have not shown one bit of evidence that the baptisms in Acts were not in obedience ot the Great Commission. You have not shown one bit of evidence that Great Commission is not for the church. You, quite simply, have not used legitimate Scripture to prove anything you have said, at least that I remember.

Ah hah ... the real problem. A Fundamental Baptist does not hold the doctrine you hold here, nor does it insist on teh KJVO doctrine. Modern versions are quite compatible with fundamentalism in Baptist circles. Those who say otherwise are unfamiliar with the history of fundamentalism. Far from apostasy, the use of modern versions is consistent with both Scripture and history.

2. Tonya R

Tonya R New Member

R Charles Blair,
    Thank you for those kind words. I am very much into rational interpretation of the scripture; removing as much mystigoggy as possible.

Tonya

3. Anja

Anja New Member

[Non Baptist posting]

[ June 04, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob Griffin ]

4. Tonya R

Tonya R New Member

Further reading on the matter: LINK

5. Istherenotacause

Istherenotacause New Member

Arthur Pink link?

Sorry, but not too impressed with Pink though he has written many books.