1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist and the Keswickian Movement

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Hobie, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Hobie

Hobie Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was reading of the surprising fall of Ravi Zacherias when I came across his connection to the Keswickian Movement. The Keswickian Movement is a evangelical group that teaches a unique view of sanctification that differs from the traditional view. Basically the Keswickian Movement does not see entire sanctification as cleansing one from original sin, whereas adherents in most Christian churches espousing Wesleyan-Arminian theology affirm this teaching. The Wesleyan-Arminian doctrine is of entire sanctification, that original sin could be completely extinguished from the Christian during their life, prior to death, while it appears the Keswikian Movement allows for sin to remain. I picked up that Baptist were connected to this movement, but it was not entirely clear. What do Baptist believe?

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Hobie