1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist attitude toward Muslims

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by paidagogos, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

If you stand up in front of a bunch of muslims and cry out Allah is not God, you will get the same result as thowing yourself in front of an 18 wheeler, "death", if you can't see that, then I just don't know how to get through to you.

They today go in not as missionaries but as business men, etc, knowing that if they went in as missionaries it means "death". So is thowing yourself in front of an 18 wheeler, you know it means death. It is the same too. You just can't see it for some unknown reason.

BBob,

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You might get the same result here if you went to a mosque and did the same. One doesn't go to a foreign nation to preach against a religion. They go to preach Christ. Isn't that what Paul said:

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
    Use common sense Bob. If you put on your visa application: "I am coming as a missionary to convert the Muslims of your nation to Christianity" as "Purpose of your coming" how far do you think you will get in gaining entrance into the nation?

Of course they put, teachers, or whatever trade they may have to get into the country. That is the only way they can get in. You can't just put missionary on a visa application to an Islamic nation, and expect them to approve it.

Why would missionaries go there in the first place if they knew it was certain death (throwing themselves in front of an 18-wheeler). Your statement is still an insult. It betrays a lack of knowledge of missions in foreign nations, especially Islamic nations.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You may have certain abilities, but not among them is the ability to look into my bain and thoughts. I don't need you to define my comments.

Also, you have just made my case by this post. It does not show a lack of knowledge, for the more you talk the more you are agreeing it is what I said in the first place, because of fear of death, they pretend to be something else, rather than missionaries. Thanks for the input, it has proved my case.

You are an amazing person DHK; You have never made a mistatement since being on BB, and doubt if you have ever made a mistake. .......:) IMO as a joke.

BBob,

**Unnecessary comment removed**

#83 Brother Bob, Feb 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2008
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I really don't know what your driving at Bob. Your post doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Canada is predominantly a Catholic nation--about 50%. I am a former Catholic. When I go door to door, and I come across a Catholic I don't go preaching about the evils of Catholicism. I tell the person about Christ, and how that person can be saved. What I do in this nation I do in an Islamic nation. What is the difference?
    I am not there to preach against a religion.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Did you see the news today, they are training their children to be terriost now, showing them how to do assasinations and such. Sweet ain't it?

The last post was a joke my mother-in-law told one of my children when he was growing up that his mouth always got his butt busted.

BBob,

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Admittedly there are terrorist cells in many of these countries. In most of them the government doesn't condone them unless the government is actual "taliban" like it was previously in Afghanistan. The terrorist cells are set up by the Al-Qaeda, which even the governments are against, for they also cause chaos and confusion in their own countries. Most Muslims condemn them.

Do you actually think that the average Muslim condones the training of their children to be a terrorist. That is not the norm.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

No, I would say the average Muslim would love to live just a peaceful life in their own country, among their own kin. I do not think the Muslims would want Christians trying to convert the families and they have some pretty harsh laws without the "taliban". The storys of the stoning and honor killing were just muslims and not the taliban. The consider if one of their own marrys a Christian they have dishonored the family and are worthy of death.
    Just imagine if they were to overcome the US and were our leaders, do you honestly think they would tolerate the worshiping of Christ, intermarriage, being social with us. No, I believe they in now way would be as humble to us, as we are to them. After all, our tax dollars are reaching a Trillion dollars now, just in Iraq. We build the power grids, they tear them down, we build the pipelines, the blow them up. The average Muslim, want the US out of their land period. The only reason they show us any kindness at all is they think we might get rid of some of their enemies, then they want us gone.

BBob,

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Who is "they?"
    There is no use in continuing this conversation with you. Your mind is made up. You have entrenched yourself in a logical fallacy known as a sweeping generalization. Don't worry the Muslims do the same thing with the Americans. It is hard for an American single man to find a house to rent in many of those places. They have seen movies like Rambo, and have the picture in their minds that that is what every single young man is like--and thus would be very destructive to their property. It is a sweeping generalization based on what they have seen in a movie.
    And you have done the same thing based on what you have seen in the media.

But it is no use. ALL Muslims are terrorists. ALL Muslims are not worth the effort to save or evangelize. ALL Muslim children are going to be trained to be suicide bombers.

You have it right Bob. Your mind is made up, and nothing can change it. Anyone that God leads to an Islamic nation is a fool. He may as well lie on the road and let an 18 wheeler run over Him. He is out of the will of God to go to any God-forsaken land like that. God would never call a missionary to the Muslims, would he? Yep, Bob, you have it all figured out, and your mind cannot be changed. I guess you have won this argument.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am sure God tells the Missionaries to "lie" right off the bat to get in the country. You are right about one thing, even though I served my time overseas, it was in Germany. All I do know about Muslims is what I have read, watched and the internet, where they are cutting the heads off of americans. Its hard to overcome such things, and they have not made any attempt to change the minds of Americans, have they?

My mind is made up at this point, all I know about them is they call the US, the "great satan".

Again, I am yet to see a great list of converted Muslims to Christianity. Maybe you know a bunch of them?

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Persecuted for LEAVING ISLAM

UK : Being an Apostate in Britain.
    British Muslims who want to leave Islam have serious problems—their family members & former friends now want to kill them.

Dec 5, 2007 : British imam's daughter under police protection after converting to Christianity
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article3006561.ece

How can I believe anything else.

BBob,

#89 Brother Bob, Feb 7, 2008
  10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is In Our Best Interest If We....

It is in our [Christians] best interest if we don't trust the Islamic Religion. And there is a difference between not trusting, and being hateful. Not trusting is the spiritual exercise of caution, not hate.

I see the Islamic Religion as a Trojan Horse. I believe they are well organized and will reveal their true intentions to the entire world in a way that will stun the majority of those who are saying: "peace, peace!" :sleeping_2:

Think of this: they used mentally ill women to bomb innocent Iraqis the other day. IMHO these women probably didn't even know what they were doing. As BroBob states, they are training children to be terrorists, and their mantra of hate is being taught in every school all around the world, and that includes schools here in America.

They call us the Great Satan...but, the truth is, from my understanding of their teachings, they are the TRUE Satan. The thing about sleeper cells is how well they mesh into society. The best cells are those that are deceptive to the point that no one would ever guess that they are a cell. That is what makes them so dangerous. The world will be caught off guard by their deception, and this will mortally wound the West when they rise up and strike, like a snake hidden by its natural surroundings.

This is not the ranting of a paranoid person. This is the wisdom of a person [like BroBob] who knows what the Holy Spirit is telling us. There will be many of us who are not fooled, and that will be the eventual tool weapon that God will use to strike back, and defeat them.

I know there will be many on the board that won't agree with me, and that is their right. However, like Joshua, as for me and my house, I will serve the Lord!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

11. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Its like I've been saying

Islam is an antichrist

He who denies the Son denies the Father and is an antichrist

Thats not hate---thats Truth!!!

We are to beware of their deception---they are as Jesus described the preachers of His earthly day---"Wolves in Sheep's clothing!!!"

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Finally....

It is nice to have a member of this board not tear me up for my beliefs on Islam. Thanks Blackbird!

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I took some pretty good licks myself, but will continue.

I think our concerns of the safety of this nation and the Christians themselves, were taken as being racist and mean, when we both only wanted people to take a closer look at what is going on around us. I don't hate no one, but I do not want this nation to be destroyed either. If someone says to me that I am the "great satan", and they would be doing God's work to kill me, I am going to take them seriously.

BBob,

#93 Brother Bob, Feb 7, 2008
  14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

1. Who personally, Bob, has ever called you, Bob, "great satan,? and how many times has it happened. Was it from a Muslim every time? Have Muslims walked right up to your face and called you "great satan?" Can you truthfully say that?

2. Does one man representing one government of one nation in the Islamic world speak for the rest of the one billion Muslims when they call the American Government the Great Satan??

3. When America is called the Great Satan by some Muslim half way around the world, do you really think that they are including the entire population of America including all of their own Muslim American citizens, and even Iraqi American citizens. Are the Iraqi brothers and sisters of those Muslims living in Iraq also part of the Great Satan just because they are American citizens? Is that what you think Muslims think?
    Then who is the Great Satan?
    Obviously it is the Government of America, not the people. And evidently you have never been called the Great Satan, have you?

So why the ungodly rhetoric? Why the denial of the Great Commission? Whatever happened to going into all the world and preaching the gospel to everyone. I suppose your Bible says: "to everyone but the Muslims."

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The Constitution of the United States of America

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Wonder why they killed some women missionaries and american soldiers.

Have you ever been told you are not the "great Satan" right to your face. Has anyone of the Muslims ever walked up to you and said "I love you". I doubt it.

Better watch yourself though they might want you too.

Louie Rosella Jun 6, 2006

A terrorist group headquartered in Meadowvale and with suspected ties to an international network planned to bomb Canada's Parliament buildings, take politicians hostage and demand the release of Muslim prisoners abroad, according to documents released in court yesterday.

One of the 12 adults facing terrorism charges also wanted to "personally behead the Prime Minister of Canada," according to allegations made by the federal government and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) in a synopsis document.
    Ten of the 12 suspects, including six men from Mississauga, appeared at the Brampton provincial courthouse yesterday for a bail hearing, but were all remanded to later dates. Nine of them next appear June 12, while one appears July 4. Gary

The latest video tape discovered on the internet shows four Western hostages in Iraq, including two Canadians, as they make assurances that they are being treated well.

The tape shows the Canadians unshackled while the other two hostages – an American and Briton – are handcuffed. "We are being treated well. We are both well. All of us are well," Torontonian Jim Loney says on the tape.

They do not have to cut my head off for me to believe them DHK: I have seen video of the shouting "Praise Allah" while cutting off the heads of Westerners. Started long time ago, they shot a man and threw him off of a plane they hijacked.

Have you any video where all these "good" Muslims are standing up to the "bad" ones????

BBob,

#95 Brother Bob, Feb 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2008
  16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, In fact I do. There are many.
    But more than that. Some years ago a film came out, (a few years before "The Passion" ), about the crucifixion of Christ that portrayed Christ in a blasphemous way. There was some protest against it in more conservative circles. But the people in America who made the most noise, the greatest protest against this blasphemous movie of Christ were the Muslims. Christians ought to be ashamed of their actions. They (in general) are so gutless in their belief that they won't even defend their own Savior.

Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

17. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Wasn't that the movie directed by Martin Scorcese "The Last Temptation of Christ"? I was living in a small town in Northern Colorado and I do remember the protest there. I was a new Christian, but the blasphemy was very obvious even to me. Therefore, I didn't see it, nor was I even in the least bit interested in seeing it..

#97 Linda64, Feb 8, 2008
  18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Yes, I think you're right. There was a great protest against it. What amazed me was the number of Muslims that were so vocal in their protest against it as well.

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I have watched the news for the last few years where the media, politicians, government have requested over and over for those Muslims to stand up and defy the killings of beheading by the Muslims in the name of a "Holy War", and they would not, so the protest must not of been too big, to not even make the news on the Muslim part.

Still, I am glad that at least a few of them stand up for the right thing if they are.

You must know, there is no reason for the American Muslims to not stand up and condemn the beheadings and honor killings. I suspect they are sending money to support them. IMO

If you are inferring that those missionaries in Iraq are standing up and praising the name of Christ to the masses in Iraq, I do not believe you.

#99 Brother Bob, Feb 8, 2008
  20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Bob, you are being very arrogant. You are acting as if you are omniscient, but only God has that attribute. Just because YOU haven't heard of those things happening doesn't it mean they haven't occurred!
    I feel sorry for you.
    Missionaries go there for a reason. The reason is Biblical.

Acts 26:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: