1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist bearing the Protestant flag

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Rooster, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Rooster

Rooster New Member

I found an interesting web site at
    http://www.empirebaptistministries.org/doc/ds_docs/pflag.htm
    That states the Christian flag that hangs in many a Baptist church you know the one, its upper inside corner is blue, with a red cross, the rest of the flag is white. is infact a protestant flag, and has been an emblem of the protestant church since 1897 (the world book encyclopedia, Vol. 3, 1967, p. 405) see the web site for a more complete view of this subject. Also the Baptist flag can be seen at
    http:www.immanuelmissionarybaptist.org/baptist Flag.htm1
    has anyone seen this flag before, or heard of this? how true is this?

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a Christian Flag and most churches have it.

I have never personally seen that ludicrous looking "baptist" banner. Guess somebody thought that looked like a flag and that Baptists might like it.

I don't.

Probably KJVonly sect, too. Anything that has "the book" on it, probably is refering to the 1611 (though they probably don't use it!!)

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ACK! UUUUUUUUUUUGLY!

Wouldn't "the blessed hope" rule out postmils(if any remain), amils and post-trib premils?

5. mioque

mioque New Member

We have neither the baptist nor the Protestant flag in my church. In fact I have never seen either flag in reallife.
    This is not an ideological choiche, it is just that the whole Christian flag thing has passed us by.
    We do have a flagpole and a rather nice specimen of my country's flag that we fly on the queen's birthday and similar ocasions.
    I own a cheap flag of Vatican City that I got for free during my time at the Catholic Documentation Centre. Each year I suggest hoisting it up the pole on Reformation days to irritate the local hypercalvinist denominations we are feuding with. ;) :D

6. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Rooster

Rooster New Member

HMMMMMM, interesting may I suggest looking at this site: web page

remember the old adage "don't belive everything you see on t.v."? well now its don't belive everything you see on the internet.

there are many conflicting origins of the christian flag it seems. :confused:

although I do like the idea of a flag dedicated to Baptist only.
    Psam 20:5 (KJV) We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the Lord fulfill all thy petitions.

8. mioque

mioque New Member

Rooster
    "there are many conflicting origins of the christian flag it seems."
    ''
    I don't see any sign of that. Debby's article is an origin story of the Christian flag. Your article is about the fact that that flag is bad, but it does not contain a different origin story of it.

9. Rooster

Rooster New Member

monique you obviesly havent visited my recomended site, that is an origin story as well, but diffrent then Hers, why do you feel the need to bash me at every possible reply of yours , do you harbor hatered for me? if so you need to pray , and get right with the Holy Spirit, such hinderances, can hold you back spiritualy.

10. mioque

mioque New Member

Rooster
    To quote from the article you posted a link to.

"I honestly do not know the origin of this flag."
    ''
    See, Martin Lamb the author of that article says he does not know the flag's origin.

Don't immediately assume every disagreement is a personal attack.

"do you harbor hatered for me?"
    ''
    I barely know you.

By the way, my screenname is Mioque not Monique.
    You may call me Julie (that is my real name) if you want to.