1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Baptist Bride" Debunked

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by IfbReformer, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Mark Osgatharp

Mark Osgatharp New Member

IFBReformer,

I did not say the Lord never speaks to unbelievers in the New Testament. I said that he does not call them His church.

Mark Osgatharp

2. IfbReformer

IfbReformer New Member

IFBReformer,

I did not say the Lord never speaks to unbelievers in the New Testament. I said that he does not call them His church.

Mark Osgatharp
    </font>[/QUOTE]That is the sticking point, Dr. Bob, that and thanks for the clarification Mark, sorry to mistate you.

Mark does not believe the New Testament addresses(whether it be Christ himself in Revelation or the Apostles) false professors within visible local churches.

I believe, as do many other Christians, that in fact Christ does in Revelation address false professors within visibible local churches.

Certainly the true and spiritual church is made up only of true believers, we all believe that, but the physical, visible local assemblies of believers like the assembly(church) at Sardia contain false professors as well.

IFBReformer

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to take this opportunity to remind all interested parties, the topic currently under debate and discussion falls solidly into Category 2. I thank all of the contributors for, thus far, keeping the temperature of this debate and discussion at its proper level.