1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Churches in Islamic Nations.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Ben W, Aug 14, 2004.

1. mioque

mioque New Member

"Perhaps the article was concentrating on the plight of the Protestants in particular."
    ''
    Stefan Bos (the Dutch journalist who wrote the Uzbekistan article) is a New Evangelical with no special focus in his work on the plight of any specific movement in Christianity.

"On many of the official sites of Uzbekistan, it lists the nation as an Islamic nation with two religions: Islam, and the Eastern Orthodox."
    ''
    That only means that it has a lot of adherents in that country. There are thousands of practicing Buddhists in my country, but the CIA worldbook website won't list Buddhism as a faith practiced in the Netherlands.

"Thus there probably was not a need for the article not to mention the Eastern Orthodox church."
    ''
    :confused:

"I have talked to the missionary that works there personally."
    ''
    I hope there is more than 1. ;)

"Many times an evangelical missionary, such as a Baptist, becomes a missionary both to the native people he is sent to, and to the liberal missionaries that are already there."
    ""
    That I have no difficulty believing. It is the notion of the RCC throwing away money just to spite the competition in an environment that is extremely hostile to Christianity in general that is unbelievable.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have only strengthened my argument that he was writing about the persecution of evangelical Christians in general. It becomes obvious that the Eastern Orthodox and religions like Buddhism are not being persecuted as the evangelical churches are.
    DHK

3. mioque

mioque New Member

DHK
    From Bos his article.
    "Currently, there is only one registered Christian community left in Khorezm region - the Korean Protestant church"
    ''
    The Eastern-Orthodox Church is not registered in the Khorezm region of Uzbekistan, they apparently were banned prior to the baptists.

4. mioque

mioque New Member

Sorry, my last post was to absolutist. There may after all be a mistake in the article, or the Russian-Orthodox may never have been present in that particular area in the first place.