1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptist distinctives and other denominations

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You have not produced ANY EVIDENCE in this thread. You produced evidence in OTHER THREADS but we are not in other threads we are in this thread.

Produce evidence in THIS THREAD or apologize for your false accusations.

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Both Moriah and I have both produced evidence from this thread. No apology will come from me because I have not said anything that is not true.

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Same here if I miss any place where the mob gangs up on you message me I will be there.

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

That is not true!

Here is your post that he responded to:

"I reject dispensationalism"

he replied:

"and other truths"

It was this reply "and other truths" that you based your charge upon and that produced your tirade!

There was no name calling in this post as you falsely charge.

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Will do. Those of us who have been branded heretics and apostates will have to stick together here.

6. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Biblicist, do a search for the word "apostate" in threads i have been in. You will find I have never called MW an "apostate".

And he accuses me of lying?

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Try sticking to the truth and that will be sufficient.

The so-called abusive name calling post read as follows:

"and other truths"

That is it!

8. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Both Moriah and I highlighted posts.

Since you are falsely charging me, it is you who should apologize.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You are intentionally skewing the facts.

FACT #1 - Your tirade was a direct response to one particular post in this thread which read "and other truths" - PERIOD!

FACT #2 - We are not in OTHER THREADS but we are in this Thread and so no amount of PREVIOUS reference can justify your charge in THIS THREAD.

Where are the posts in THIS THREAD you and Moriah have documented?? I will be glad to read them.

10. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

An apostate means someone who has departed from the faith. Fred has charged me with heresy, apostasy, denied my salvation, equated me with Satan, accused me of being a cult leader of a made up cult -- same as matt wade.

Fred is a habitual liar, slanderer, and initiator of personal attacks. The truth is not in him. He follows me from thread to thread stirring animosity up by his rude remarks and questioning my faith.

Several times I have held out a peace offering; he will have none of it. Now I will have none of him.

11. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I have asked DHK to close this thread to end Fred's pollution of it.

12. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

MW claims #16 is an attack, it is not. It is a challenge... which he obviously cannot meet.

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I have read every post in THIS THREAD and Fred nor his wife uttered one single deragotory name at you as you charged.

His crime was saying "and other truths"

That was the statement you reacted to by charging him with name calling, etc.

Your charge is patently false and is obvious to anyone who simply begins on page one of this thread and reads it up to that post "and other truths."

Here is the problem. If you close this thread down and start another thread and someone merely challenges your positions by asserting they are not true to God's Word as fred did "and other truths" then you will start another tirade so that no one can dare challenge your beliefs and charge them as erroneous.

You have no justification for your charges against Fred or Fred's wife IN THIS THREAD.

You may have justification in other threads but we are not in other threads are we?????

14. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I already pointed out to you post 16.

He said, "Maybe someone told him orthodox means 'opposed to truth'?"

That is a snide remark, and a low-down dirty lie.

15. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

On second thought, maybe I should embrace the charge of not being orthodox thrown at me by Fred. Coming from him and his ilk, it should probably be worn as a badge of honor.

16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Granted, it is a snide remark but that is not the post you responded in a tirade to is it. Go back and look at the post you blew up over and it was the post where he said "and other truths."

You have developed what war veterans call "shell shock." You know what that is don't you! You start jumping for fox holes every time a loud noise is heard.

17. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

It was the cumulative effect of that post and the one I cited, plus what had happened elsewhere. I didn't want it happening here, and I knew it would -- that's his character, so it was bound to happen.

Telling me that I am "opposed to truth" is saying that I am opposed to Jesus since He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. I will not take that since it is a blasphemous lie from the pit.

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Look, those opposed to your doctrine are going to identify your doctrine as false just as you have done with their doctrine. In both cases the inference is that false doctrine is taught by a false teacher.

If the doctrine of salvation is the point of debate then the charge will be a false gospel which means the person is teaching "another gospel."

That is a genuine charge from the perspective of both sides. The charge then needs to be demonstrated by reasonable debate instead of overreacting to what is necessarily inferred by both parties in such a debate.

19. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I agree, but I have seen that it ain't gonna happen with Fred, so I will not even attempt it any longer. I held out an olive branch; he refused and continued as he was before. That puts an end to any chance of reasonable, civil debate.

I am presently teaching an online college class in Philosophy (Logic). Maybe I should direct my students here as an example of how not to debate.

20. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Michael,

Biblicist is trying to give you correction, when he is just as bad as or worse than Steadfast Fred. Biblicist always resorts to calling me names, he is also allowed to get away with it. If I defend myself, or repeat what he says to show how bad it is, others come on to publicly attack me and distort the truth, while I get infractions and warnings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.