1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist Doctrine and Calvary Chapel Doctrine Similar?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Paladin, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I guess I don't understand how teaching the Word of God is cultic or humanistic.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why in a Bible thread is having something simple scorned while having an intelligent worship service is also scorned?

3. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

I can't answer for "All About Grace," but I consider a "progressive" church to be one that understands the message matters more than the method.

A progressive church would have been the first church in the city to use a piano. A progressive church would be the first church to use a video-projector to display the words to hymns rather than a traditional bound-hymnal.

The message is the same. The delivery varies.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen [​IMG]

5. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

If you will explain, I will try my best to understand.

6. 4Him96

4Him96 New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have been lurking for a while, but I had to respond to this thread because I attended Calvary Chapel Fort Lauderdale when I was first saved. I am so thankful that the Lord put me there. I was able to hit the ground running in my Christian walk (and I had some catching up to do cuz I was 39 at the time) because of the awesome verse by verse teaching of the Word. The gospel was never compromised and sin was confronted head on. I loved the music and still listen to my Calvary Chapel CD's more than anything else. I now live in Wisconsin and attend a Baptist church that is more like Calvary Chapel than anything else I have found. It is the emphasis on teaching God's Word that is important to me.

You can watch the Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale services online:

http://www.calvaryftl.org/live-broadcast/index.cfm

Peggy

7. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Yeah Sal, I can see how a church would not want to study the Word of God to determine how they should worship. Give me a Break! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bro Tony

8. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Slanderous statement, with no basis in fact. It appears you don't mind sowing discord among the brethern. If a person doesn't agree with you they are either liberal or of the devil. One should watch making such ignorant statements against the Lord's people.

Bro Tony

9. CYBERDOVE

CYBERDOVE New Member

Hank Hanegtraaff [the bible answer man] belongs to a Calvary Chapel Church