1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist or Fundamentalist?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Siegfried, Mar 1, 2002.

1. superdave

superdave New Member

I am going to assume we are using the real definitions of the words, and tell you that I am a Baptist only because I believe and practice the Baptist Distinctives, not by any association with a denomination or conference. I would consider myself a Baptist even if I attended a Baptistic church without a Baptist name.

I am a Conservative, meaning I believe in the innerency of the scriptures in their original manuscript form. And in that form hold to the Verbal Plenary inspiration of God's Word

I believe my doctrinal tendancies would follow the historic IFB positions for the most part.

I do not place myself in the same "camp" as many of those in Michigan who call themselves "Militant Fundamentalists" mainly because they seem to endorse a lack of compassion, and a pseudo-fundamentalist focus on outward manifestations and appearance, and call that Fundamentalism