1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptist's and Masons...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TheWinDork, May 13, 2006.

1. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

The freemasons are an antichrist organization. Unfortunately there are millions of Baptist men who are apart of this group. The teachings of the lodge are contrary to the Scriptures and are a part of false teachings in our churches. Whether these men are ignorant or willfully disobedient they need to leave the lodge immediately. Some not all problems with the lodge.

1. Blood oaths

2. Not allowing the name of Jesus to be used in the lodge when prayers are offered.

3. The Bible being seen as a piece of lodge furniture. No more important than the compass or square.

4. The bowing down before an unholy altar.

5. Offering a way to salvation apart from Christ, and telling men that the covering of righteousness that will ensure their admittance into the celestial lodge above is their apron.

The church needs to demand that a professing Christian come out of the lodge and not touch the unholy.

Bro Tony

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I can only tell you that we as Old Regular Baptist have "no" fellowship with the free masons, and will withdraw from any member who is a free mason.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Pete

Pete New Member

One or the other.

6. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Simply to make conversation... and to show that I am fair... I was surfing over on Wikipedia. and found this stuff...:

Critics of Ed Decker...

More

More critics of decker...

again, I'm simply doin this for conversation. I just thought decker's stuff was very interesting... of course someone is going to disagree with him. again, I'm not on decker's side nor am I on his detractors side... just would like opinions, as to if the guy can be trusted or not.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Sure not many touch this one. :( :(

8. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

I was a Scottish Rite Mason for over 35 years and was convicted by the Holy Spirit of its conflict with scripture. I had my name expunged from all masonic records a few years back and have had peace ever since, with no regrets.

9. PhatCat

PhatCat New Member

I told my pastor once (in a Hyles-type church that I escaped from) that I found out one of the members in a high position was a mason of high degree. I was laft at and asked if I thought there was some kind of "danger" about him being in the church. I asked my pastor if he knew what a Mason was and he told me he knew "all about it." He said it was no big deal and told me to drop it.

After this conversation the man who was the mason seemed to always stare at me in a strange fashion. Needless to say, this was creepy and it frankly made me angry. Then, just a little bit before I "escaped" from that church, another guy brought a 14" phallic ornament to the pastor, it was a stone replica of the Washington monument, in other words, and oblisk. When I saw that thing my skin crawlled and when they saw my face they looked at me and laffed.

I did some reading soon after about Freemasonry and learned quite a bit. I even contacted a ministry that was for ex-Masons and got some more info. I found out about a certain handshake that they do. Apparently while they shake hands this way they say their lodge number. The last Sunday I went to that church I went to that man that I knew was a Mason and shook his hand in that certain way. He looked at me with a surprised look and gave me his lodge number.

I looked at him square in the eye and said "666". His skin just about fell off his face. I let go quickly and got out of there.

That was some years ago and now looking back, I can see that some really strange things were going on there, though I didn't realize it at the time.

10. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

The perennial problem is, what emphasis should we give to the Mason matter?

It is possible to make too much of it, so that the cure is worse than the disease.

Bob Jones, Sr., founder of the university, was a Mason. He joined as a young man, considering it to be a Christian fraternal organization. He quit going to lodge for two reasons: (1) he couldn't spare the time and (2) he thought it was silly--grown men dressing funny and having a secret club with passwords and handshakes and all.

I heard this from his son.

But, to my knowledge, he never denounced and preached against masonry, and never went through some sort of renunciation ritual before God and witnesses.

To some antimasons, that would make BJ, Sr. a demonized tool of the devil for all of those years until he died. Theirs would be an overemphasis on the topic.

The lodge has problems and needs to be opposed, but finding the right emphasis is a perilous undertaking.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What keeps odd organizations like this in existence is the curiosity they create because of all the "secret and mysterious" things they do. I dont know if they think they are Dick Tracey or James Bond (007), but if everyone would ignore them, they would go away. The organization and subject are irrelevent.

12. BruceB

BruceB New Member

The process of quitting a Masonic Lodge is called demitting. John Ankerberg & John Weldon co-authored a small book entitled, "The Facts on the Masonic Lodge" printed by Harvest House Publishers. After reading their book and praying about the issue (and struggling over it) I demitted from Masonry and the Lodge. Bruce

13. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Problem I am having right now is trying to verify something.

On that one Podcast, Ed Decker appears on a program called, "Mission America", I guess it was put on by "Mission America Foundation". Anyhow, they supposedly put out a magazine called, "The Christian Advocate", The problem is, I have looked on the internet, via google, [​IMG] .....and I haven't found as much as a slight mention of this "Foundation" or it's host Bill Decker. Which arouses suspicion on my part. Was this a legit program, or a product of studio magic, to make bill decker look legit. The radio station mentioned in the audio piece, I went to thier website and program isn't listed at all. :confused:

anyone ever heard of it, It was broadcast out of Seattle Washington. :confused:

I even started another thread about it, no bites...

anyone?

-TheWinDork

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Having taught Comparative Religions in college for many years, the Masonic Lodge fits in the category of "cultic Christian" groups. That is, they use some of the trappings of "christianity" (rather than buddhism or such) but are cultic in doctrine or practice.

I would not have a lodge member in my church. If part of a lodge, they already have a religious membership.

15. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Exellent Dr. Bob! [​IMG] Praise God for your stance.

16. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Is it really a religious membership? Why is it, I guess I'm asking. It's not just a silly club men get into? I don't know anything about them but have known some good men that have been one. Christian men that love the Lord. I have never seen them say or do anything strange.

17. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Their "Club" deals with God and Gods nature. Most of their teachings are contrary to scripture. The higher the level mason the more religious it becomes as they reviel more of their beliefs.

Even their simbols are religious in nature. The G with the compas and square representing the great arcatect of the universe.

I say that makes them a religion, even though they would disagre with me.

18. BruceB

BruceB New Member

Rachel, DeeJay and others - If you want to know the facts I suggest you read the Ankerberg book I referred to earlier in this thread. I was a Mason for many years (a poor one though who seldom sat in Lodge), and although not a Mason, though careful research, I think Ankerberg got it right on his facts. I wish I had read his book before I became a Mason (that was nearly 30 years ago and I was not an informed Christian at that time). Bruce

19. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

Among the Masons are many good men who don't listen and don't think. They reinterpret the religious things they hear, and it comes out sounding Christian to them, particularly because of the trappings Dr. Bob mentioned in his post (above). I had a man tell me sincerely "Everything in our ritual is taken right out of the Bible," (which is seriously incorrect).

That's where our problem lies. We want to treat Masonry like Satanism, but many Masons "know" that it's a fine organization and therefore they have to assume that you don't understand. When you're fighting it on the front end, the issues are easy. But when you're dealing with real people who are already entangled in it, the lines blur.

20. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I have had several tell me same thing Pipedude. I have also had them to tell me if I knew who were members of the Masons that I would be shocked that many of our church members, preachers are members but just never tell anyone.