1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptists and Women Pastors

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Agnus_Dei

Agnus_Dei New Member

obviously we have a breakdown among the sola Scriptura camps...so who's right and who's wrong? when both camps are throwing Holy Scripture around saying "I'm praying for God's guidance to interpret Scripture properly"?

what's the measuring stick...how would one define correct teaching?

The Protestant Church today doesn't look anything like the Protestant Church let's say 50 years ago...worship services are different, with contemporary worship now the norm...communion is served once a month, it that...woman pastors, divorced deacons and pastors...now gay and lesbian pastors...where will it stop?

Even the Roman Catholic Church has changed, especially since Vatican II...As I was on my spiritual journey that led me to the Orthodox Church, I visited a number of RCC's where I thought I was back in a UMC praise and worship service...

In XC
    -

2. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

The fact of the matter is that some things are clearly given as timeless moral standards, as with Paul's moral lists like that he gives in Romans 1. That Bible's position on those things never changes and is never okay, but there is a trajectory of change with female roles from beginning to end and it always fit in the context of its day. It's divine accommodation - God's accommodating the imperfections of humanity in order to carry out His purpose.

Sola Scriptura means that Scripture is given the final authority of faith and practice, but other things are used to inform interpretation of Scripture. The patristic writers believed this, the reformers believed this. Blindly interpreting Scripture was referred to by the reformers as Nuda Scriptura, the idea that nothing else should be taken into account when reading Scripture.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

>But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. 14And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 1 Tim 2:12-14

If an accurate evaluation of the situation, then Adam intentionally sinned. Why should the intentional sinner be morally superior to the person who was tricked? The person who was deceived can learn from experience but the person who intentionally sins is intrinsically evil.