1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptists becoming healthier through exercise

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by bodtranz, Jun 18, 2005.

1. bodtranz

bodtranz New Member

My name is Chris, and I'm a Baptist from NY. I am a fitness expert, and have written a book on exercise, and hoping to bring awareness to many believers and followers of Christ. Heart disease and diabetes are the number 1 killer for African Americans in the U.S. That number will never go down without doing something about it. Please email any questions to me at [email protected]. I'm here to help you all!

[Removed link. Advertising rules and prices are listed elsewhere on board.]

[ June 18, 2005, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: dianetavegia ]

2. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Diabetes is spiralling out of control here in Australia also, yet the Low GI diet is proving quite popular!

3. Soulman

Soulman New Member

I have diabetes in my family. All 4 brothers have it. One of my brothers age 47 recently lost his leg to it. That really scared me as I am older. Let me tell you. The gym is the way to go!. Get off the couch and save your life before you find yourself in a boat where you can't excercise.

Me and my 14 yr old daughter go for 2 hrs 4 times a week and we feel great. It takes 10 years off you. The weight is comming down, our posture is better and my diabetes is totally under control. I was really struggling with it before.

Don't say you don't have time as that is a cop out. It is only the length of a movie.

Someone said: "If you don't have time now to excercise, you will have to make time to be sick". :cool:

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Soulman,

Have you tried a Low Carb diet to control diabetes as well as eliminating sugar from your diet?

5. Soulman

Soulman New Member

Posted by Ben W: Have you tried a Low Carb diet to control diabetes as well as eliminating sugar from your diet?

I have tried that and my levels were staying borderline. Since I have been going to the gym I am able to eat carbs in moderation. I avoid sugars with the exception of fruits.

6. CYBERDOVE

CYBERDOVE New Member

I too am diabetic and was having trouble keeping my blood glucose level under control. I have been walking for the last 10 days approximately 2 and a half miles every other day and I feel great!!!. I am taking control and this is only the beginning. I planned on doing it again tomorrow or tuesday and can tell the difference already, God is good all the time!!!. [​IMG] Sheila [​IMG]