1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptists Expel Congregation

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dr. Bob, May 7, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sodomy doesn't refer to Sodom and its sin? I am perplexed. Just checked a dictionary to be sure and yep, I was right.

A sodomite is a pervert is a queer.

NOTE: Until 1973 sodomy (I will continue to use the term) was consider a deviate behavior. At that time the American Medical Association has it "legitimized" as a normal lifestyle.

69% of psychiatrists polled (v. 18% against and 12% undecided) voted that it SHOULD be still considered deviate in spite of the AMA change.

2. Haruo

Haruo New Member

This last may be (very likely is) what you mean when you say "sodomite", but that is not the same as what the KJV, misleadingly and under Roman Catholic guidance, calls a "sodomite". I presume you checked an English dictionary. If you checked a Hebrew lexicon you'd see immediately what I'm talking about. I'm referring to the plain sense of the Hebrew text, not some liberal twisting of it. This is a separate issue from the question of what Sodom's essential sin was, a question I do not expect you to agree with me on the answer to, though we both have our Scriptural grounds. But the issue of the KJV term "sodomite" is one where I think any careful reader (regardless of theology or politics) would have to conclude that the KJV translators and/or their forebears in the trade eisegetically introduced into the OT text an allusion to Sodom that is absent from the Hebrew text.

Haruo

3. FearNot

FearNot New Member

Jesus never specifically said that it was sinful molest children, steal cars, spray paint graphiti on your neighbors house etc etc. If Jesus had to mention every single sin man can do for it to be a sin, then the Bible would reach from earth to heaven. What a lame statement that pastor said.

If I was a pastor, I would not baptise a heterosexual non-maried cohabiting couple into my church until they sepperated and testify to the fact that they are no longer sleeping together. The point, as many others have said is that this sodomite couple (I said it this way for you Dr. Bob) was not repentant of their sin and had no plans to.