1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptists shoudl NOT be involved in Free Masonry!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Nov 29, 2014.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Are you that ignorant of their oaths? It is not just the carrying out such an oath that is evil but the very character of such an oath is evil. I have had five deacons who were Masons and just like you they were completely ignorant of the core essentials and history. However, thank the Lord after they had been enlightened by reading their own Masonic edition of the Bible, all but one has forsaken Masonism and NONE denied that such oaths were administered.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Problems with free-masonry:

Features of an Anti-Christ

Judging from unquestionable evidences, how can we fail to pronounce Freemasonry an unchristian institution? We can see that its morality is unchristian. Its oath-bound secrecy is unchristian. The administration and taking of its oaths are unchristian and a violation of the positive command of Christ. And Masonic oaths pledge its members to some of the most unlawful and unchristian things:

1. To conceal each other's crimes.

2. To deliver each other from difficulty, whether right or wrong.

3. To unduly favor Masonry in political action and in business matters.

4. Its members are sworn to retaliate and persecute unto death the violators of Masonic obligations.

5. Freemasonry knows no mercy, and swears its candidates to avenge violations of Masonic obligations unto death.

6. Its oaths are profane, taking the Name of God in vain.

7. The penalties of these oaths are barbarous, even savage.

8. Its teachings are false and profane.

9. Its designs are partial and selfish.

10. Its ceremonies are a mixture of puerility and profanity.

11. Its religion is false.

12. It professes to save men on other conditions than those revealed in the Gospel of Christ.

13. It is wholly an enormous falsehood.

14. It is a swindle, obtaining money from its members under false pretenses.

15. It refuses all examinations, and veils itself under a mantle of oath-bound secrecy.

16. It is virtual conspiracy against both Church and State.

http://www.isaiah54.org/finney.htm

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You have done your homework well! I had five deacons who were Masons. After reading the introduction in their own official edition of the Masonic Bible, four eventually got out of it. The one who did not, attempted to run me out of the church by going around family to family in order to remove me. Not of false doctrine. Not for immorality. FOR MERELY GIVING MY OPINION ABOUT MASONISM.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been there only it was to cover up embezzlement.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I had my first introduction to Masonism in our church building. I went back to the junior boys classroom and noticed the Masonic Edition of the Holy Bible on the podium. I sat down and read the introduction designed to introduce Masonism to the public. After reading it, and it is a long introduction, I was utterly amazed that such a Bible would be even be allowed in a Christian church. I then researched various writings by Masons past and present. Everything Mitchel has said can be documented by many Masonic writers.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And again, no. I don't mean "no" in that I will not answer, but "no" as an answer to your question. That is not avoidance at all...it's a direct answer - "no." What part of that did you not understand the first time?

There is so much that is incorrect about your ideas I am not sure where to begin. Let’s just look at two errors and go from there, since you insist on this path.

1. Where do you get the idea that people who are Masons have sworn an oath to have their throats cut (or to cut the throats of others)? That is just foolishness and demonstrates that you have absolutely no clue as to the organization.

They do have that imagery, but what is said is “no less than having” which is also explained as part of the candidate’s initiation (as, of course, being expelled from the Mason’s). This one point shows your lack of honesty or your lack of understanding. You choose…personally I think it shows a laziness on your part because you want to elevate yourself over all of those who have actual experience of Freemasonry, who like you caution against it, but who unlike you posses an objective integrity about the topic.

2. You talk a lot about “they” and “the Masons” putting out what “they believe.” Exactly who are those “Masons” of whom you speak? In all of you research surely you have ran across this super “grand lodge” that dictates those beliefs to all other Masons. Tell us, if you can.

But again, it is a waste of time. Especially as I do not advocate or promote people joining the Masons. The problem is that it makes people who have the respect of others (you, for example) bear false witness against other people. It would be better to caution people against Freemasonry based on truth rather than fable.

What I have noticed about you, Biblicist, is that you treat Scripture with care. I wish that this integrity carried over into other parts of your life and study as I believe you would benefit from that.

7. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Well said, Brother Mitchell----personally--I wouldn't give you two cents for the best mason you can muster up with their good deeds that cloak the very gates of Hell itself!!

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree here.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I understand the word "no" but I do not understand if you are saying, "no, as in I don't personally believe the Masonic Edition tells the truth about Masonism" or "no, I don't believe the Mason Edition is lying about Masonism."

Have you PERSONALLY read the introduction to the Masonic Edition of the Bible? Yes or No!

If you have not, then you don't know what you are talking about until you do read it. I have read it. I have read Albert Pike and many other writings by Mason's who were Mason's when writing and were writing for the very purpose to support Masonism and help the public better understand them. I have read ex-Mason's, some Grand Masters, some in the blue lodge, Some in the scottish rite, etc.

It is obvious you are the common variety type Mason that has no clue what you are talking about. As I said, I have had five deacons that were Masons. As I have said, I have read the writings of past and present Masons.

Utterly Amazing! Speaking out of both sides of your mouth! You admit that the oaths do have that imagery, contain the words which they do repeat but claim it is utterly meaningless. Many ex-masons have supplied the actual words:

Consider the penalties of the obligations (Nevada ritual, circa 1984):

"To all of which I do solemnly and sincerely promise and swear, without any hesitation, mental reservation, or secret evasion of mind in me whatsoever; binding myself under no less a penalty than that of having….

Entered Apprentice Degree: "..my throat cut across, my tongue torn out, and with my body buried in the sands of the sea at low-water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours, should I ever knowingly or willfully violate this, my solemn Obligation of an Entered Apprentice."

Fellow Craft Degree: "..my left breast torn open, my heart and vitals taken thence, and with my body given as a prey to the vultures of the air, should I ever knowingly, or willfully, violate this, my solemn Obligation of a Fellow Craft.";

Master Mason Degree: "..my body severed in twain, my bowels taken thence, and with my body burned to ashes, and the ashes thereof scattered to the four winds of Heaven, that there might remain neither track, trace nor remembrance among man or Masons of so vile and perjured a wretch as I should be, should I ever knowingly or willfully violate this, my solemn Obligation of a Master Mason."

And the ending for each of these obligations is:

"So help me, God, and make me steadfast to keep and perform the same."

The very CONTENT and CHARACTER of the langauge is anti-scriptural regardless of how it is interpreted by Mason's

You are actually telling this forum that what has been documented by many ex-Mason's who have much more experirence and time in Masonism than you do they are lying and YOU are the authority because YOU have once upon a time been a Mason. Thus, the official Masonic edition to their own Holy Bible is a lie and all ex-Mason's who have unitedly gave witness to the very same thing are all liars accord to who? You?????

Here is a website by an ex-Mason who provides many more websites that confirm what he says:

http://jesus-is-savior.com/False Religions/Freemasonry/freemasonry_exposed.htm

Books by ex-Free Mason's who were higher up than nominal Masons

1. Freemasonry, the invisible cult in our midst: A biblical expose of freemasonry – 1983 by Jack Harris

2. The Deadly Deception: Freemasonry Exposed by One of Its Top Leaders Paperback – July 1, 1988 by James D. Shaw (Author), Tom C. McKenney

I have another one by a Southern Baptist Preacher who is an ex-Mason, but I can't find it in my library. I moved and have not got the library back in order so it is lost among thousands of books.

No, it shows your complete and absolute ignorance on this subject and I might say this is NORMAL ignorance among most Masons, and that NORMAL ignorance is testified by many ex-Masons who climbed the ladder in Masonism.

You are calling many ex-masons liars who attained far greater time and experience with Masonism - based upon what? Just "you" and your limited experience!

The fact is that every ex-mason who has risen in the ranks and come out all say that most of nominal Mason's are completely in the dark, as your own case illustrates very well.

So you are asking me to choose between ex-Mason's (who attained a lot higher ranking and years in Masonism) and you? You are asking me to choose between an authorized public edition of the Masonic Bible and you? You are asking me to choose between my own personal experience with five dedicated Christian Mason's in my own church and you?

Mason's are sworn to defend Masonism and so what do you think Mason's will do with ex-Mason testimonies??????????????

#29 The Biblicist, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I mean “NO” in that while I understand what you are saying I do not personally believe that the Masonic edition to be embody what Masons believe, to be prescriptive, or even representative of Freemasonry as an entire organization.

Yes, I have read several introductions to the “Masonic Edition” of the Bible. Like I indicated earlier, I disagree with the Freemason’s use of Scripture (although I suppose it is not really different from its use in the court house or one taking office).

Yes, I have read Morals and Dogma (which I suppose is the Pike reference to which you allude. I have also read each Scottish and York Rite degree (for my state, anyway).

In fact, by your presentation of the “oaths,” I have read much more than you on the topic....perhaps I should say much better than you. You left the first part which changes the context entirely.
    No, I never said those words are meaningless. I just said that they do not carry the meanings you ascribe. If your handling of my statements are any indicator of your handling of Freemasonry, then you have the cause of your misunderstanding.

Since you have such integrity, please expound on my “limited experience” and my “own case.” This is what you've been doing all along (not only with me, but with Freemasonry in general) so have at it.

This what I mean by it being a bad idea to “debate” Freemasonry. Although we disagree on points in other threads, I have typically respected you and your opinion. But here I know that your comments are false based on my own experience (what you say here I have experienced not to be the case). It may have been the experience of some...who knows. There is no central authority for Freemasonry and all states...and lodges... are different. I’m not defending Freemasonry at all (I actually caution against it, and I think it will be gone in a few decades anyway). But the problem is when churches and pastors take up the view that you express here, and those who are/were Freemasons recognize that it is simply not true. How can you be trusted on other matters, matters of eternal importance, if you so easily lose your integrity over Freemasonry?

#30 JonC, Dec 2, 2014
  11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

If the Masons is a secret society how is it that so many on this Forum know all the secrets. One wonders if they are "backslidden" Masons.

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

My Father and two brothers were Masons and Christians and frankly I don't believe any of [snipped vulgarity] you posted!

#32 OldRegular, Dec 2, 2014
  13. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cannot believe any Baptists here would defend the Masonic Cult - truly a works-oriented false religion.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

There is a difference between defending Freemasonry and pointing out false attacks. As Christians we need to take more care (the ends don't justify the means). In other words stand against Freemasonry if you want but do so with integrity.

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Utterly amazing! You believe the Masonic Edition of the Holy Bible, which is used by most Masonic lodges is a misrepresentation of Masonism although it is the public authorized edition by Masons??????

So you don't believe the authorized Masonic Bible provides a true view of Masonism.

You don't believe past writers recognized as the highest respresentatives of Masonism don't properly represent Masonism.

You don't believe ex-Masons who were higher than you in Masonism don't properly represent Masonism.

And you scape goat is that the Mason's don't have a FORMAL and AUTHORIZED statement of faith, history or practice??????

The only logical conclusion that is left to believe, is that YOU and YOUR EXPERIENCE trumps all of the above?

I merely quoted an example. The context does not change the wording regardless of how it may or may not be interpreted. The wording itself regardless of context violates Scripture and TAKES GOD'S NAME IN VAIN!

The very use of such terms found in any kind of oath, interpreted any manner possible is wrong! Why not use blasphemous languuage or the "g...d.." word and simply say, or some other cuss word in an oath and simply say it is ok because of context??!!!!!?????

This is a red herring! There is recordable history behind this institution that is consistent. There are numerous consistent accounts. The oaths and peculiar terminologies have a history.

16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

There are cults that use the very same argument that you are using to skirt the historical testimonies and history of Masonism. There are cults who claim they have no AUTHORIZED articles of faith and yet the characteristics of the cult are general and widespread throughout its history. They defend themselves EXACTLY as you are defending Masonism. Such a defense is WORTHLESS!

17. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Have you attended a Masonic Funeral and listened to what is being said???? I have. Don't tell me that there is no Theistic basis for Masonism as it is clearly expressed in their funerals. Don't tell me they are not a RELIGOUS cult as their funeral service exposes that myth completely.

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never said they have no set of beliefs only that they are secular in nature. I am not asking you to except my experience as evidence. I am telling you the reasons that I do not trust what you are saying. The reason is that I have presided over a lodge. I have conferred degrees. I came to the conclusion that it was a waste of time and undermines the church. But what I mean by experience is that I know without a shadow of a doubt that you are mistaking because it contradicts what I have seen to be true. It would be the same if you said that grass is purple and made of wood. My experience tells me otherwise.

That is why I have suggested that this is a meaningless thread. That is why I said that the church had much better things to do that involve itself in freemasonryon either side.

19. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

In 1996 as a missionary in our mission up in Western Washington we had a person that embraced the "Unity" cult come among our members. At the time I was teaching a series on the cults. I contacted the headquarters of Unity and asked them to send me all the information about themselves. They sent me a pack load of material. I studied the material carefully and took the clear points that were in contradiction to Biblical Christianity and presented in the mission. The "Unity" representative heard about it and attended. After presented the material she began to openly argue with me on the points I presented using Unity Materials. Her ultimate argument was Unity does not provide any official articles of faith and those materials were simply the personal opinions of staffers at the headquarters.

This is exactly the approach taken by Mason's. Their public information presented in authorize Masonic editions of the Bible are not representative of what they really are - just lies by staffers that worked in producing that "Masonic Edition" and history of Masonism. Their foremost recognized and honored members in the highest places are not representative of what they really are, just lies by individual Masons. The ex-Masons coming from the highest parts of their organization do not tell the truth about Masonism, but lies by personal ex-Masons.

20. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

That is a lie! You cannot even become a member in any country without confessing a BELIEF in some God.

That is a lie! No one who has attended a Masonic funeral can possibly believe it is not THEISTIC in nature.

That is a lie! No one who has read ANY OFFICIAL LITERATURE and the Masonic Edition of the Holy Bible is about as "official" as one can get, can deny they are RELIGIOUS in nature. BTW why would the Masons produce a MASONIC EDITION of the Holy Bible in the first place if they are not a RELIGIOUS organization???????? Do the Elks,Lions or Eagle clubs produce EDITIONS OF THE BIBLE????????

#40 The Biblicist, Dec 2, 2014