1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptists shoudl NOT be involved in Free Masonry!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Nov 29, 2014.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFGuffawing! Though I don't agree with the idea of 'joining the Masons', I can certainly understand how that 'tude' comes about. :)

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that the commission was totally objective.

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was a half-way decision. The resolution is that Baptists should not join groups that oppose biblical doctrine. Freemason was left to a great degree as a matter of conscience. Many thought the SBC went too far. Many thought they didn't go far enough. There is much more than is provided here (there were substantial arguments on both sides of the issue).

The problem is that the "research" from one side did not match up with the experience of the other. You can lay out all the books, articles, websites, and opinions of former Masons…but if a person’s experience contradicts all of this “evidence,” then that person would be a fool to accept that “evidence” as valid. You are left with a group of people who have never been a Mason telling those who are or have been what they “teach” and “believe.” When things don’t align, they don’t align. You have one group who “knows” the truth without a shadow of doubt based on research, but they cannot negate what another group has experienced. BUT that other group can’t argue “experience” because that is an invalid argument.

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The big problem with the Masons is that MANY who were Lodge masters and really high up in the Masonic Order came to faith in jesus Christ, and once saved, bu the scriptures showing them that it is a false religion, came to denounce it and to persuade all believers to come from it...

There is NO valid reason for a true christian to be part of a local lodge, as darkness and light cannot mix, as that is teaching demoinic doctrines and beliefs, what are christians to do with that at all?

It is NOT personal experiences, but the Bible that trumps and has final say in this matter!

7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

Yet MANY did not (I think it clear many more did not). I was, BTW, a "Lodge master." Much of what has been described here is completely foreign to what I had experienced. Much is completely opposite of what was said at the initiation. I hope you understand the difficulty I have when someone who was never a Mason tells me what I experienced, believed, or said when I know it is not. It's not worth arguing. I completely understand your comments.

#67 JonC, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, ny father knew more of the Masonic doctrines then you did, probably, and knew from the teachings of the Lodge that all religions are seen equally getting you to God, all sacred books on same level, and that by observing masonic rituals and practices, one can attain a sure home in the Celestial lodge...

really, this is a satanic system!

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist

How do you conclude that your father knew more about the subject than I? That seems like a very silly thing to say (actually, it seems to me childish).

But he is right that the organization views all religions as equal. I never claimed that it was a Christian organization.

10. OldRegular

I only want to concentrate on two items listed above:
    Now Biblicist, good old mitch, the one who uses the Jewish name of Our Savior, have claimed vast knowledge of the Masons. Now where did they get their knowledge. Are they reformed Masons who violated the above oath and choose to reveal that they swore they would not? Or they getting their information from a liar or liars who violated their oath? Before spouting off making such hateful remarks as the following they should CONFESS!

The word reverend appears only once in Scripture and it refers to God since He alone is to be revered.

Psalms 111:9 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.

So you can draw your own conclusions, all those who dare use the name reverend!

I expect my understanding of Scripture is on par with yours. As someone said on another thread: "You are so full of yourself."

I forgot good old Blackbird!

Matthew 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Rave on O one who is full of all knowledge about a secret society.

There is no valid reason for anyone to take the Jewish name of Our Savior!

And obviously you honored your father.

Now I know nothing about the Masons other than what I have posted. My father told me he saw nothing wrong with the Masons; but he was only a 3rd degree so perhaps he was not as learned as all the Mason haters above! This I do know, my Father was a far better scholar of the Bible than any of those I have quoted above.

All those I have quoted above are obviously faithful witnesses of the Love and Grace of God. They have defended their bias with so much hate even against brothers!

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you have nothing else attack the username? Really? :laugh:

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 3rd degree is the highest degree. That’s a major point of the fraternity (meeting on the square). If one does not understand that, regardless of their membership or lack thereof with the organization, one cannot understand Freemasonry. When someone talks of a 32 degree or 33 degree Mason, they are talking about newer sub-groups (rites) within Masonry but below and under jurisdiction of the “Blue Lodge.” In other words, to say a 33 degree Mason (or a “Royal Arch” etc., if referring to the York rite) holds a “higher rank,” or even knows more about Freemasonry only demonstrates ignorance. Unfortunately, there is a lot of ignorance going around…both inside and outside the fraternity.

The two points you mention:
    4. Its members are sworn to retaliate and persecute unto death the violators of Masonic obligations.
    5. Freemasonry knows no mercy, and swears its candidates to aveng violations of Masonic obligations unto death.

These are nonsense even to the casual observer (if he is an observer). The “bloody oath” states “no less a penalty than”….(each degree has some nasty way to die). Never are these oaths to “persecute unto death”…or even unto paper cut. Within the degree is the explanation that the penalty itself is suspension or expulsion, which the Mason is to view as severe as those awful ways to die. But less than honest “Christians” skip over that part because it doesn’t help their cause.

But that doesn’t matter to many who claiming to be Christians (and I don’t doubt their sincerity) speak out of ignorance and carelessness. They should, if opposed to the fraternity, speak against what is genuinely known and leave hearsay and opinion out of the accusation. This is true of any issue. I don’t mind people speaking against Masons…I pretty much don’t care either way….but a Christian should at least have a bit more integrity than I’ve seen exercised on this thread.

13. OldRegular

My Dad told me that if you were 3rd degree you had or knew all that was worthwhile, necessary. I can't remember exactly how he phrased it As I said in my previous post I know nothing about the Masons. I know there is a Shriners Hospital in Greenville and they do a lot of good work for children.

There are enough Baptist Churches in SC that they could build assisted living facilities for elderly people who can no longer take care of themselves. Instead they have the attitude of the farmer in Luke 12:18. And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

#73 OldRegular, Dec 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  14. OldRegular

Reverend means "worthy to be revered; entitled to reverence". Perhaps you are like a fellow Christian said of Biblicist on another thread: "You are so full of yourself.":thumbsup::thumbs::applause:

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do the Free Masons teach that all religions are equally valid, that all sacred texts are equally valid, and that by being part of the Lodge, and by practicing Masonic teachings...

That one will be preparing themselves a place in heaven?

How can real christians belong in a group that teaches another Gospel. and denies the lordship of Jesus christ?

#75 Yeshua1, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
  16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I honor my redeemer with His user name, and you have yet to address taht Masonic teachings are out of the Occult/Gnostic traditions, and that they do teach that sincere masons will go to Heaven due to membership in the Lodge!

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, and I apologize if I made it sound as if they did. They hold that all religions should be treated the same in a secular environment (i.e., Freemasonry, government).
    No, they do not teach this. That would be religion. It is a mistake to conclude that Masons are “preparing themselves a place in heaven,” although I can see how you could confuse the imagery of the body as a temple with that notion. That’s the danger of interloping. You get ideas without content and words to which you end up ascribing your own context.
    No, real Christians would not belong in a group that teaches another Gospel and denies the Lordship of Jesus Christ. That’s the thrust of my argument. Here you conclude that I (and Old Regular’s family, and countless others) was not saved until after I left the Lodge (perhaps you imply that I still am not saved because my experience does not live up to your imagination). You owe many brethren an apology for your assumptions. I will say that “real Christians” should not bear false witness against others…but this is what typically happens when people are guided by ignorance fueled by emotional speculation. You don't have to apologize to me, but perhaps you should examine your ideas more carefully in the future.

Brother, please be careful lest you dishonor Christ by your false witness. And you need to provide references.

#77 JonC, Dec 7, 2014
  18. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CORRECTION: Noone should be involved in Free Masonry Christian or non-Christian.

It is wicked and evil

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange, as the Masons themselves see that they do offer salvation to their followers, based upon them observing and practicing the masonic rituals/teachings...
    They DO see us as not having the real name of God, as solomon had it passed down thru the temple unto free Masons...

they do see a mason going to the celestial lodge in the Sky...

You know these things, and yet you say that I am the one spreading falsehood?

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is strange is that you presume to tell me (and perhaps others) who at one time were Masons, how we see/saw ourselves. Yes, Y1, you are wrong. I know that you are posting in ignorance, but you are nevertheless bearing false witness against others. But let’s play a little longer.

Masons have never, to my knowledge, claimed to offer salvation to “their followers.” First of all, there is no one to follow. Secondly, they readily state that they are not a church and offer no salvation or way to heaven (this is very clear in the first degree explanation…as I’m sure you are aware since you claim to be an expert).
    No, they don’t. You are referring to either the York Rite or the Scottish Rite. The York rite play (degree) is centers on the Jew’s return from exile and the rebuilding of the Temple. What was lost is found (the Law) and this is symbolized in finding the lost name of God (Jehovah, BTW, is the name). The Scottish rite centers on other ancient religions and oppressions that occurred in the name of religion (the Scottish Rite is centered on government and secular toleration of religion). But no, Masons do not believe that they have the real name of God and others don’t. They don’t believe that a man named Hiram Abiff was a historical person. It is a themed play broken down in degrees to present a moral lesson. It is mere stupidity to take it as dogma.
    No, they do not see a mason going to the celestial lodge in the sky. No mason believes that there is a Lodge in the sky or that heaven is a lodge. You are taking their degrees out of context. Pure ignorance.
    Yes, I do know these things. I told you, before I left I was a master of a lodge…I am a Past Master. I completed both the Scottish and York rites. I am fully confident of your misunderstanding. Still, I encourage Christians to stay away from Freemasonry for other reasons I’ve listed.

#80 JonC, Dec 7, 2014