1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barack Obama’s Shifting Claims on the Protection of Born-Alive Aborted Infants

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Palatka51, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

We have a supporter of infanticide that is our likely next President. Be very proud for this great nation. We will have made history in more ways than one if this man is elected POTUS. :tear: :tear: :tear: :tear:

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And Christians who support the murder of babies by supporting Obama, dance with glee.:tear:

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

This is actually the saddest part of all, people who call themselves by the name of Christ, support murdering born alive infants. This is shameful, it is by far the very worse thing I have ever seen from christians, yet they feel nothing for their support of infanticide. Doesn't the indwelling Holy Spirit mean anything to them or have they pushed Him away so long they no longer care about what God cares about.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

And don't forget to add the people who call themselves by the name of Christ and can walk by their bother in need and not lift a finger to help.

You d remember the story of the good Samaritan, that is a lesson Jesus taught very clearly in the book.

Mt 25:42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

My point, don't forget there is more than one page in the Book and neither candidate lives up to all of them.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

which of us here are you accusing of this? and I know your talking about one of us here, because when I said those who call themselves by the name of Christ, I was talking about here on this board. so who are you accusing?
    wasn't it obama who said something like, his brother could help himself?

#5 donnA, Oct 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2008
  6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Anyone who thinks murder is the only "thou shalt not" in the Bible. The Lord has encouraged us to do many things and not killing our brother is only one.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

no matter what the bible says you will always approve of murdering an innocent baby who can not defend itself, making excuses for it. nothing of the mind of Christ there.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    there is no one on ths board who supports a candidate that supports doing this. However, there are those on ths board who supports a candidate that supports the wholesale slaughter of unborn children and the suffering and death of born children after a failed abortion.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was just the usual attempt at misdirection by a liberal "Christian" that supports Obama.

They naturally want to take the spotlight off Obama's murdering ways and their support of him.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

That's not fair, if I don't stick in my $00.02 you guys will have no one to argue with. It will a thread that fills with such hate and outrage that you'll run out the house bursting with fury and go burn down an abortion clinic. Where this might be good it wouldn't be God like. So think of me as your cyber angel.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you show me where the Bible says that it is the government's job to force people to do this? Or is this something that should be allowed on a personal level? Should churches step back in to be the help for the widow and the orphan? What about the fact that there is accountability in the church that is not available in the government system? That a church is able to better figure out what the true needs of a family are in order to help them rather than making them jump through hoops to get some amount and then they can sit on their cans and collect?

Jesus never told us to make our government do our job. Yet with the huge tax burden - and the ones that will come in the future - prevent us from having enough money to actually do a good job at helping our fellow humans on this earth.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That's right!:thumbs:

13. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

This is a great and viable point Annsni. Could the direction that our government is taking be a clever misdirection by Satan to usurp the Church's call? I say yes! Thus he reduces the Church to a useless social club and takes the population into slaves of the state.

14. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Frankly, more and more you sound like an Obama apologist. Seems like not long ago there was a thread regarding the charitable giving by the McCains vs Obamas. A greater percentage of McCain's salary went to charity vs Obama's.

Trying to side track the topic again, huh? It may not be important to you now.... but the day may come when you hope another Christian is covering your back. I'd be more careful about the messages I put out so that any who chose to 'cover my back' will do so with the certainty that I'd do the same for them!

There is no excuse for victimizing the vunerable and helpless.... there is no such thing as a live 'abortion'..... there is such a thing as cold blooded, heartless, premeditated murder by commission or omission and a baby is the most helpless of all humanity. There is no justification for infanticide!

A man who will stand against laws to prevent infanticide cant be trusted to uphold laws on behalf of the weak and vunerable. Let Obama have a heart change and prove it before you take his defense!

15. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

So true!
    Jesus did not raise up a corporation or a new branch of government for charity work..... he ministered one to one and directed all who follow after to do the same.

A corporation or government entity sets different standards of efficiency, of judging need, and of accountability..... and it is cold hearted, and humiliating, causing the needy to detail almost every aspect of ones life to try to qualify for help and having personal and private information pass through the hands of so many strangers and logged into so many data bases before one gets a final answer similar to 'pass/fail'.

Through the ministries of the church, the accountability to the ones in need is that of love for Jesus/ love for a neighbor as ones self, and accountability on the receiver's part... recognizing the sacrifice of others given and making the most of what is received with thanksgiving and proper application as to purpose.

The former enslaves: The latter encourages. The former isolates and humiliates and creates a relationship of sustaining dependancies. The latter empowers, builds supportive relationships of understanding and connectedness, allows for exchanges in communication and love, and builds up hope and faith, and sometimes present possibilities and opportunities for restoration of what the moths and cankerworms have eaten.

#15 windcatcher, Oct 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2008