1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Barack Obama: Jamie Foxx's Lord and Savior

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by pinoybaptist, Nov 26, 2012.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

this is exactly what it was. While taking the Lords name in vain, this was the intention. He doesn't truly believe this. Discernment people...

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Then if it's your interpretation, stop asking me stupid questions about YOUR interpretation. Ain't no need to be asking a question if you have already made an interpretation and reached your own conclusion.

You obviously interpreted it the way that you wanted.

You weren't berated. And you're gonna have to find a stupid somebody to play your games with. The Holy Spirit delivers truth so I already know that you know full well why the verse was given and why it was appropriate.

I mean seriously.

3. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Foxx believes it. He isn't making a joke. He is about making a political point. Take some time to go back and see his other political comments. They are racist, liberal, and often blasphemous.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:laugh: OK.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

In listening to the comment and the way he phrased it, I don't think he was being satirical. Kinda like Louis Farrakhan saying Obama was gonna be the savior of the world.

It is just a snippet. Wonder what he said after that? That would probably give a clearer context.

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're so funny. You say "the U.S. economic collapse is just around the corner" and I ask you what you mean by that timeframe, giving you specific spans of years and you answer twice "just around the corner means just around the corner" and then claim I don't need to ask questions because I have already made an interpretation. Hilarious!

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're funny. You ask me what I mean and then proceed to hem what I mean in based upon your interpretation of what right around the corner is.

If you've already decided what the answer is, stop asking me stupid questions.

So yes, you are pretty hilarious. But like I said, play the little games with someone else.:wavey:

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

So if he wasn't trying to be funny...he also believed the music awards was really church? You people crack me up :)

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Add mind reading to Zaac's skill set.

10. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Did I mix him up with Kanye West?

Regardless, I don't believe it was a joke but if we want to assume it was for the sake of discussion that's OK with me. I still say it was blasphemous and in poor taste.

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

----------------------------------------

#31 Arbo, Nov 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
  12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

You are of course correct here wd. It was a stupid ungodly attempt at humour. It clearly was not an honest attempt at president worship. Yet more over reaction.

13. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I don't believe a person can overreact when it comes to responding to offenses against God. However, most people under-react...if they even react at all.

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The point is not the offence toward God -that is obvious. The point was that this was not president worship as was claimed.

The lost are going to act like the lost - that's what this guy did. But he doesn't worship the president.

15. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

The offense to God is most certainly the point, as it always is. You are right, the lost will act like the lost. That does not lessen the offense.

Granted that he may have meant it as a joke it was still an act of president worship. It is disgusting and so its excusing it.

16. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I most certainly agree that defending his action would be disgusting, but I have not seen that here yet.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe he was satirizing blacks worship of Obama. I believe he thinks blacks do worship Obama to the point that they think he is some sort of savior.

It was very blasphemous.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The number of black voters supporting Obama support this.

19. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Exactly. My comment was designed to explain, not defend. I'm glad to see I'm not alone.

20. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian