1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Barack Obama says he registered for the draft??????

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by betterthanideserve, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

No, but I have been through college and seminary and worked as a landscaper, an Environmental Scientist, and several other jobs while working my way through seminary, raised two children, sat on jury duty, served on numerous church committees, taught Sunday School, served as the Director of the Men's Ministry, led several overseas missions teams, etc., etc., etc. However, I fail to see what we do in life has to with our ability or inability to remember details from our past. Likewise, if BHO has been so busy with school and his political life that he can't accurately recall details of his life he ought to just say so rather than try to fill in the blank spots with manufactured and false memories.

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Well, I got a license to drive and can't remember when I turned 18. I guess you just smarter than us'es...

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I haven't a clue when I registered. I would guess it was sometime in the summer of 1973.

I cannot for the life of me see the relevance of such a minor statement to his ability to govern.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Vietnam was still on in 73.

My Brother graduated in 75 or 76 and loves Nixon to this day. He ended the draft.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh really?

Obama registered for the draft?

Wow! :sleeping_2:

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

That is an honest answer from you. You did not try to paint a more detailed picture of the event then you can recall. BHO did the latter. Did you comply with the law? If so you'd be safe to say that you registered within the time frame required by the law when you turned 18.

It matters when you start to look at how many times he has "mis-spoken." I'm sorry but he is starting to remind me of an in-law of mine who is a habitual liar. He tells people what he thinks they want to hear rather than the truth. Then because he has told so many false things to so many different people he can't keep up with it all and just says whatever pops into his head.

Like I said how many gaffes and "mis-spoken" ideas do we have to accept from BHO before we begin to question him?

#46 Bible-boy, Sep 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2008
  7. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Thanks,

Yeah that's likely it…;) Although I don't know what intelligence has to do with one’s ability to recall the past.:confused: