1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Basic question: Are Baptists Protestant?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are certainly not the suitable one to say anything of the sort. You have said some incredibly untrue things to me.

He knows the truth yet intentionally speaks falsehood --as you have done many times on the BB.
    Your "demands" mean nothing. You have demanded many things -and I have not complied --because your demands are childish.

2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I have numerous times on the BB that I have reposted for TND's convenience. But he insists on saying I haven't. That is known as bearing false witness.

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Hebrews 10:31. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So everyone is wrong but you. Not agreeing with you is childish?? We all speak falsehoods, We all bear false witness. We all are liars. We all need to repent.

It is against the rules for me to comment on ones spiritual condition nor do I know it, so I will not.

However, you need to take a serious look at your life and how you relate to others. You also need to learn to understand the words humility and respect, instead of arrogance and pure meanness.

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your demands have been childish.
    You are much more guilty of that than TND. You have been on the BB much longer and your falsehoods have compounded over the years.
    You're long overdue.
    That is one of your super immature lines that you have repeated countless times. And yet you promised you would drop it in one of your "Sorry" threads.
    Please do.
    Add hypocrisy,nasty-mouth and you'll have a picture of yourself.

If you fill out a form asking if you are:

1) Roman Catholic
    2) Protestant
    3) Other Religion
    4) No Religion

Which one would you select?

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Id say no religion......but I am a Baptist Christian.....no Jew neither.:smilewinkgrin:

7. thisnumbersdisconnected

[tongue in cheek]
    Yeah, you have a problem with that?
    [/tongue in cheek] :laugh:
    This could be said to most on this board who adhere so strictly to a man and a doctrine as to exclude Christ and the Word. There is no purpose to arguing with such. I have no apologies to give to anyone for my faith and the right doctrines to which I stand by. If they want to pretend to be the exclusive holders of truth and claim their understanding of theology is complete when, in fact is in total error and misunderstanding by their limitation of the expanse of a valid teaching so as to make it fit uncomfortably into little box of narrow, mistaken interpretation of that theology while calling the rest of us heretics, they are welcome to that attitude. I won't suffer it further. I will continue to post solid biblical teaching, the history of faith as it actually is, and let them assail the walls as Don Quixote tilted at windmills. That is, to no avail.

#67 thisnumbersdisconnected, Jan 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  8. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Let's see, the OP question, if I remember, was Are Baptists Protestant?

My answer is No. People who believe as Baptists were around long before the Reformation.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

Thank you for bringing the focus of the thread back to where it is supposed to be. :thumbsup:

10. Baptist4life

Baptist4life Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::applause::applause:

11. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a serious charge. Back it up.
    You don't have to give any apologies for the above. What you do need to do is confess that you repeatedly bore false witness against me despite all my statements to the contrary --most of which were made years before you even entered the fray here. I am asking you to be honest.

12. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A voice of reason and truth amongst the turmoil and rancor of "discussion?".

13. thisnumbersdisconnected

So it would seem. Sorry to everyone for my contributions to derailing my own thread. :laugh:

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Anyway, despite the differences we have had, you have lived your faith, served this nation, and been through some pretty tough life experiences. It is obvious you are well studied in theology, so on that basis alone, one can hold a conversation with you. This person who keeps needling you is nothing but a person who has experienced life on paper and learned how to use the cut and paste tool. He or she is just like a fly at a picnic that will not go away. You will always have my admiration and respect from your history alone. This other person is not interested in a thread, but disruption, and warrants no respect.

15. thisnumbersdisconnected

Agreed. And by the way, I'd be happy if he'd even cut-and-paste. He won't even do that. He seems to think his denials of anyone else's statements are sufficient to discredit them. That's what I would call a super-inflated ego. I can treat that. :laugh:

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What the heck am I reading here ..... do you guys not realize you are talking about a fellow confessing Christian? This guys not a freaking horse fly pestering for the sake of pestering. I believe that he thinks he has some legitimate gripes with some of you....probably me as well, but I really dont treat him with disrespect. Yea I razz him but I dont out and out detest or disrespect him & if I had a gripe with him, Id take it private ....I wouldn't try to humiliate him. You know we are really supposed to love him......even our enemy's. That is what distinguishes us a Christians, right.

17. thisnumbersdisconnected

You're absolutely right. At some point we must simply decide to move on and pay no heed. Arguing is unproductive and unChristlike in many cases. Posting as I did is useless, unfruitful, and indirect communications, subliminally, I'm sure, intended to give the "fly" a swat. Sorry, Rippon, sorry fellow board members. I won't be responding to Rippon directly, nor will I give him a "swat" either. I'll just post what I know is correct, and let those posts stand on their own.

EW&F, thanks for the reminder. It wasn't charitable of me to engage in that kind of third-person bashing. :thumbsup: :godisgood:

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    think that we have to not make things personal, but also that have tounderstand that I am sure even the Apsotles at times had a "row: among themselves, didin't barnabus and paul have one so bad regarding mark, almost came to blows it seems?

19. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Show me historical evidence for that. And I don't mean Landmark so-called "history".

I might agree that there have been pockets of believers throughout history who had some "baptistic" doctrines, but Baptists as an organized group with all the basic tenets of today originated with John Smyth and Thomas Helwys.

20. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

:laugh: :laugh: