1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Basic Theology Quiz - how did you do?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jdlongmire, Jul 13, 2008.

1. lbaker

lbaker New Member

Hmmmm, interesting...

What's your theological worldview?
    You scored as a Emergent/Postmodern
    You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.
    Emergent/Postmodern
    61%
    Neo orthodox
    54%
    Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan
    54%
    Reformed Evangelical
    46%
    Classical Liberal
    43%
    Charismatic/Pentecostal
    43%
    Modern Liberal
    29%
    Fundamentalist
    29%
    Roman Catholic
    18%

2. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Um, I need some help here with the question about how many natures Jesus has?

The human nature is always sinful, yet Jesus was without sin in that he could not have ever sinned, so how is it the quiz determined that Jesus has the Divine nature which cannot sin, yet Jesus also has the human nature which IS sinful???

I never knew that taking on the form of a man made Jesus subject to sin according to human nature?

I believe we can see the subtility of the devil in the "correct" answer!

I scored 100% according to the Bible, but only 95% according to the quiz. Guess which question I "missed"?

If Jesus ever had two natures, the human nature subject to the flesh and the flesh at enmity with God and lusteth against the Spirit, then how could this quiz be theologicaly correct? It is not correct 100% in and of itsself.

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

This site is inaccessible because of "Smartfilter" due to sexual content!:laugh:

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I scored 100% but missed one question. I don't agree with their statement that Christ was resurrected in the same body he had before.

Jhn 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and [to] my God, and your God.

I always interpreted this to mean Jesus had a different kind of body after resurrection.

5. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Something's wrong with this quiz. This is what I scored and I don't think it matches me at all! I wonder if it values the middle choices at all?

6. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

See John 20

24Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!"
    But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it." 26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 27Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

7. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes, it's flawed cause here's what it said about me:

Here's my correct profile:
    95% Reformed
    80% Fundamental
    0% any of the others

And this statement: "academic study of the Bible stops us from 'taking God at his word" IS COMPLETELY OPPOSITE OF WHAT I BELIEVE! I must have checked the wrong answer or something.

#27 J.D., Jul 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2008
  8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Reformed Evangelical 86% Fundamentalist 75% Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 71% Neo orthodox 71% Emergent/Postmodern 29% Classical Liberal 18% Charismatic/Pentecostal 18% Roman Catholic 11% Modern Liberal 4%

This is strange because I am not Reformed. However, the way they worded some questions made it difficult for me to answer -- I thought some questions were asked in such a way that you could not answer the way you wanted to.

Also, some I wasn't sure of and I just picked the middle between disagree and agree.

9. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your scoring breakdown was almost exactly mine.I am a Calvinist though.

I agree with your reservations about the set up of the questions.I was uncomfortable with the design.

I have seen some "tests" in which practically everyone comes out as Barthian in their theology. Things are skewed too much. Our real theological positions are not reflected very accurately in these little quizzes.

10. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Boy, I'll say! I was surprised at the high percentage for "neo-orthodox" on mine and others. I am for sure not neo-orthodox!! :wavey:

11. jdlongmire

jdlongmire New Member

Thought provoking, though...:)

12. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

You may be a Calvinist and not know it. Seriously! :thumbs:

13. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Even though I said earlier that I am 0% any thing else (including neo-orthodox), N-O is not that bad when compared to the outright liberalism of Schlieremacher and his followers. Barth and N-O represented a return to a high level of biblical acceptance in the upper-crust theological schools after the destructive influence of the liberals and German higher critics. But he (Barth) was definitely not a fundamentalist by any stretch of the imagination.

14. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK enlightened one. What philosophy is in the laws of thermodynamics? What philosophy is in the battle of the bulge or the taking of Iwo Jima? What philosophy is in differential equations?

#34 TC, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008
  15. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no clue what the situation is that I am in - you just jump in and assume the worst. I have not said anything close to what you are saying .

16. TomMann

TomMann New Member

What's your theological worldview?You scored as a Reformed EvangelicalYou are a Reformed Evangelical. You take the Bible very seriously because it is God's Word. You most likely hold to TULIP and are sceptical about the possibilities of universal atonement or resistible grace. The most important thing the Church can do is make sure people hear how they can go to heaven when they die.
    Reformed Evangelical 100%
    Fundamentalist 79%
    Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 71%
    Neo orthodox 54%
    Emergent/Postmodern 36%
    Classical Liberal 14%
    Roman Catholic 14%
    Modern Liberal 7%
    Charismatic/Pentecostal 0%

Nothing of great suprise......

17. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

No need to be sarcastic. And if it was an attempt at humor, it failed.

My choice of words was poor, and I can see how my comment woud create a question. Let me elaborate:

The Laws of Thermodynamics are often discussed philosophically in respect to and explaination of order in the universe, evolutionary theory, et. It's not what philosophy is in the laws, but what philosophies surround them. You cannot read science without philosophy involved.

The same can be said of wars or mathmatics. What war is not waged on ideals? What decision in battle is not governed by the philosophy of the one making the decision? What general does not deal with Ultilitariansim? And I think if one seeks to be familiar with mathmatics at a level more then mere arithmatic, then they should become familiar with the influence of philosophy on it. Stephan Korner wrote a book called "The Philosophy of Mathmatics, and Introductory Essay" which highlights the main schools of mathmatics.

His book focuses on the relation between philosophical theses and mathmatical theories. He writes, "As the philosophy of law does not legislate, or the philosophy of science devise or test scientific hypotheses, so--we must realize from the outset--the philosophy of mathmatics does not add to the number of mathematical theorums and theories. It is not mathmatics. Is is reflection on mathmatics, giving rise to to its own particular questions and answers." He also writes, "Throughout their history mathmatics and philosophy have influenced each other."

To not know the influence of Plato, Aristotle, Leibnitz, and Kant in the field of mathmatics is to not really understand the discipline.

Please don't misunderstand that I am somehow I am an expert on the influence of philosophy in the sciences--I am not. But I am aware of their existence and recognize that when I am reading a piece of history or studying a scientific theorum that there are philosophical influences and implications.

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I was waiting for that one! I knew one of you Calvinists would come up with it. :laugh:

Btw, I've been gone for almost a year and a half and now I'm back but no familiar "faces" have said "Welcome back, Marcia." :tear: It's kinda sad.

Btw, JD, I'm glad to see you are still here.

#38 Marcia, Jul 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2008
  19. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yeah, you're right, but although Barth may have made some good points, I would not want to be aligned with him due to his other problems.

20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Welcome back Marcia!

I must have joined about the time you left, so I'm glad to meet you!

:wavey:

We need more of our kind around here! (women) :laugh: