1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BB members having probs loggin in. Help please.

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Rachel, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Hello, some members need help loggin in here now. I Am Blessed 16 and some others are getting the Error message when they log in.

Sue said "I don't have a problem getting anyplace else on the Internet except the BB. That is the only problem I'm having and that I have cleaned out my cookies and temp. files already. I have logged out and back in, and even rebooted, to no avail."

What do they need to do?

Thanks!
    Rachel

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I did all that and it didn't seem to help, but I just kept coming back to teh Bb and then there it was, I don't know what or how, but I'm here. Just tell her to keep trying maybe, thats all I know I did.

3. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try getting on the Intro. Page (linked below) and start from there. It may work. [​IMG]

http://www.baptistboard.com/

You can also type "Baptist Board" on Google Search and when they give you the location click on the link. [​IMG]

4. Elnora

Elnora New Member

I heard fro Sue and she says when she tries to get in, that she is logged on but cannot get anywhere. All she sees is: "Sorry, this message board is temporarily closed while we do some routine maintenance. Kindly check back later . . ."

I had her type the homepage into her browser and she got the same message. Also tried downloading Firefox and got the same results. Can anyone give some suggestions?

Thanks [​IMG]

5. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Hi Barnabas! [​IMG]

We posted nearly at the same time. She did try that but not the Google search, after reboot I will let her know to try that. Thank you.

6. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Gina is getting the same message, the both tried through google. It said the board is closed down for maintenence. Please try again later.

7. Rachel

Rachel New Member

There's no telling how many are gettin that same Error message.

8. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

No problems here, I usually go in via the favourites in my browser. Search engines take "snapshots" of the web at different times and often do not automatically update. If Google is running slow, Ask Jeeves is a good alternative

http://www.ask.com/

Sometimes if you are having problems logging in, remember that Discsussion boards have security features which do not allow you to log in for 15 minutes after three failed attempts.

9. AndrewT

AndrewT <b>Webmaster</b>

Hello All,

The problem is that some internet providers are slow to update their DNS records. We moved the boards to a totally new server. Give it another 24 hours and the server change should be fully recognized across the internet.

We apologize for any confusion and inconvenience...

Thanks,
    AndrewT
    Webmaster

10. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Thank you Andrew! [​IMG]
    I'll relay the message to the ones I know that can't access this site yet.

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

Oh good, means they will be able to get in, soon.

12. standingfirminChrist

What it takes is a complete shutdown of the computer. It is not server. My wife and I are on same server, side by side pc's.

I was able to sign in and post. She was not.

The have to do a complete shutdown of your pc to empty the cache or they will get the BB maintenance page.

The hard drive has to completely shut down to empty cache. A restart does not work!

13. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Well, I finally made it!

Ron, I did several complete "cold boots" last night to no avail.

I have another problem now!

When I mark a thread and receive notice, via email, that someone has posted, I can't click on the "view topic". Absolutely nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

P.S.
    Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
    §ue

14. I Am Blessed 24

Well, I just found out that, not only cannot I access the BB from my email, I cannot access anything from my emails.

Did I do something to my browser last night when I was trying to get in here?

I can get anyplace I want through favorites and Google, but not my mailbox. :confused:

15. standingfirminChrist

Sue,

Let me think this one out. Sounds like page history is not clearing properly.

I use a great program by Webroot called WindowWasher. It not only cleans history, cache, cookies, etc., but it also bleaches them. Ya may want to try that program. Search for it on Google.

Also, Privacy Eraser is another great prog for doing much the same. Both progs require a cold boot after running, as the index.dat does not clear until after shut down.

16. I Am Blessed 24

Ron, I have my history 'save' set to "0" days, so I never have any history saved.

I'm sure I probably checked or unchecked something in IE last night that I wasn't supposed to, but I can't figure out what it was.

I also installed FireFox last night and then uninstalled it. Could that have changed the settings in IE when it was transferring files?

17. standingfirminChrist

It may have reset something, yes. let me see if I can get a pic of my IE settings and you can compare to see if something may help. give me a few....

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I recently had problems logging in to another site on both IE and Firefox - when I tried Opera it worked like a charm.

19. I Am Blessed 24

Thanks, Ron. I can't remember how I used to get a picture of mine. :confused:

20. standingfirminChrist

Just sent an email of the pic, Sue. Hope it helps