1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BB Recipe Collection #4

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by Friend of God, Mar 14, 2007.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I use that site a lot! I have two of my recipes published on there with pictures and everything. LOL

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

That's really cool, Sue.

FoG, are those your recipes on there?? Who'da thunkit?

3. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL!!! Nope, these recipes were sent to me by a friend of mine, I just added them to my collection. He just gave me a printout from his computer and didn't say where he got them from.

Thanks for the link, That is really an awesome site.

4. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lemonade Stand Pie
    Prep: 15 mins.; Total: 4 hrs. 15 mins. [incl. freezing]
    Servings: 8

My neighbor gave me this recipe. She said she got it from a group of recipes she receives in the mail from Kraft Foods.

Ingredients

1/3 cup Country Time Lemonade Flavor Drink Mix

1/2 cup cold water

2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened

1 tub [8 ozs] Cool Whip Whipped topping, thawed

1 Honey Maid Graham pie Crust [6ozs]

Directions

PLACE drink mix in Large bowl. Add water; stir until mix is dissolved. Add ice cream. Beat with electric mixer on Low speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Freeze, if necessary, until mixture is thick enough to mound.

SPOON into crust.

FREEZE at least 4 hours or overnight until firm. Remove from freezer 15 mins. before serving. Let stand at room temperture until pie can easily be cut. Store leftover pie in freezer.

* Trim 30 calories and 4g of fat per serving by preparing as directed with low fat ice cream and Cool Whip Lite Whipped Topping.

5. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

FoG...that sounds wonderful!!!

6. FBCPastorsWife

Hey everybody...I saw this idea/recipe on another site and had to share. I'm trying it this weekend!

Ziploc Omelettes (from creativeladiesministry.com)

Use a Ziploc freezer bag. Crack 2 eggs into a bag, zip close and shake well until the eggs are well-beaten. Add whatever omelette ingredients you would like: cheese, onions, ham, bacon, peppers, hash browns, etc. Zip closed, making sure to get all air out of the bag. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Drop your bag(s) (you can do several at a time) into the boiling water and boil for exactly 13 minutes. Remove from water and the omelet will just roll out of the bag!!
    The nice thing is that the eggs can be cooking while you're getting ready on Sunday morning; everyone can have their own style omelet, and you don't have any messy pans to clean up. If you're having overnight guests, they can each make up their own bag the night before, then the next morning, you just have to drop them all into boiling water for 13 minutes.

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hey, Pamela.

I call them Boiled Omelets and I posted the recipe on one of the recipe threads a long time ago.

I make them all the time, especially when Brent has someone spending the night. They love making their own!

8. FBCPastorsWife

That's awesome Sue! I can't wait to try it! If it doesn't go quite well then I know who to ask what I'm doing wrong :D

9. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Sausage Onion Cornbread

Sausage onion cornbread recipe with chopped onion, butter, and sausage.
    INGREDIENTS:
    • 1 cup yellow cornmeal
    • 1 cup all-purpose flour
    • 2 tablespoons sugar
    • 2 teaspoons baking powder
    • 1 teaspoon salt
    • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    • 5 tablespoons butter
    • 1 cup finely chopped onion
    • 1 large egg
    • 1 cup buttermilk, or use light sour cream or plain yogurt
    • 8 ounces bulk sausage
    PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 350°.
    In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and soda. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
    In another bowl, whisk together the egg and buttermilk until well blended. Add to the cornmeal mixture and stir just until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened. Heat a 10-inch cast iron or heavy oven safe skillet over high heat; crumble sausage into it. Brown sausage for about 2 minutes to render some of the fat. Add the onion to the skillet. Cook, stirring constantly, until sausage is browned and onion is tender. Remove from heat. Spread sausage and onion out to evenly cover bottom of skillet. Spoon cornmeal batter evenly over the sausage and onion mixture and carefully spread out. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and firm. Using a knife, carefully loosen around the edge of skillet then immediately invert onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges. Serve hot.
    Serves 8.

Just found this on www.southernfood.about.com

#49 Gayla, May 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2007
  10. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

We went to Savannah and ate at The Lady and Sons Restaurant (Paula Deen's place) and it was fabulous!! I brought back the recipe for the dessert we had, called Gooey Butter Cake. So come on, ya'll, put some South in your mouth!

Gooey Butter Cake

Cake:
    1 box yellow cake mix
    1 egg
    1 stick butter, softened

Mix with electric mixer and pat into greased 13x9x2 pan. Set aside.

Filling:
    1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
    2 eggs
    1 tsp. vanilla
    1 16 ox. box powdered sugar
    1 stick butter, melted
    1 cup chocolate chips

Beat cream cheese. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in powered sugar. Reduce speed of mixer and slowly pour in butter. Fold in chocolate chips. Pour over cake mixture and spread evenly.

Bake 40 - 50 minutes. Don't bake too long, the middle should still be soft.

Enjoy!

11. FBCPastorsWife

I think it's safe to say that jealousy has officially set in! :laugh:

12. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Here are some variations on the Gooey Butter Cake:

Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cakes Recipe courtesy Paula DeenShow: Paula's Home CookingEpisode: Southern Thanksgiving [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] Cake:
    1 (18 1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
    1 egg
    8 tablespoons butter, melted
    Filling:
    1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
    3 eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    8 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon nutmeg
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Combine the cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well with an electric mixer. Pat the mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 13 by 9-inch baking pan.
    To make the filling: In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and pumpkin until smooth. Add the eggs, vanilla, and butter, and beat together. Next, add the powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and mix well. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake batter and bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Make sure not to overbake as the center should be a little gooey.
    Serve with fresh whipped cream.

Variations: For a Pineapple Gooey Cake: Instead of the pumpkin, add a drained 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple to the cream cheese filling. Proceed as directed above.

For a Banana Gooey Cake: Prepare cream cheese filling as directed, beating in 2 ripe bananas instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.
    For a Peanut Butter Gooey Cake: Use a chocolate cake mix. Add 1 cup creamy peanut butter to the cream cheese filling instead of the pumpkin. Proceed as directed above.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

I'll just say, I made the pumpkin cake, and it was well worth it, and thats all I'm saying, more might incriminate me.

14. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I'm gonna have to try that! Thanks, Gayla!

:laugh: Pamela!:laugh:

15. Gayla

Gayla New Member

The peanut butter one with the chocolate cake sounds good to me!:wavey:

16. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Carmelized Beef Skewers
    Prep: 10 min.; Total: 26 min. [incl. marinating]
    Servings: 4

Ingredients

1 lb. beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup A-1 Steak Sauce, divided
    1/4 cup Barbeque Sauce
    1 Tsp. Dijon Mustard

Directions

TOSS steak with 2 Tbsp. of the steak sauce; let stand 10 mins. to marinate. Meanwhile combine remaining 2 Tbsp. steak sauce, the barbeque sauce, and the mustard; set aside.

PREHEAT grill to medium-high-heat. Thread steak onto eight long soaked wooden or metal skewers.

GRILL skewers 6 mins. or until steak is cooked through, turning after 3 mins. and brushing generously with the barbeques sauce mixture.

To prevent wooden skewers from burning on the grill, soak in water for 30 mins. before threading on meat.

17. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad
    Prep: 15 mins; Total: 21 mins.
    Servings: 4

Ingredients

1/2 cup Caesar Dressing, divided
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice
    1/2 tsp.black pepper
    1 lb. uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp
    6 cups torn romaine lettuce
    2 cups tomato wedges
    1 cup seasoned croutons
    1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Directions

PREHEAT grill to medium heat. Mix 2 Tbsp. of the dressing, the lemon juice, and pepper in Large bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat.

GRILL shrimp 2-3 min. on each side or until shrimp turns pink.

TOSS lettuce with tomatoes, croutons, and remaing dressing in Large serving bowl. Top with shrimp; sprinkle with cheese.

Substitute: Use 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts instead of the shrimp. Grill 6-8 mins. on each side or until cooked through (170 degrees); cut into strips.

18. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Carnita Enchiladas

1 Tbs vegetable oil
    1 lb lean ground beef
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 medium potato, peeled and chopped
    1 medium tomato, diced
    1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 tsp chili powder
    1 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    2 cans (10 oz each) Enchilada Sauce
    16 corn tortillas
    1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 375

Heat oil in skillet, add beef and onion. Cook for 5 minutes. Add tomato and potato, cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes until potato softens.

Add beans, chili powder, salt and garlic powder. Mix well, set aside.

Coat 13x9x2" pan with non-stick spray.

Spread 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce on bottom of bakinf dish. Tear up 8 tortillas and layer over sauce.
    Spoon on meat and bean mixture. Pour 1/2 cup sauce evenly over meat layer.
    Tear remaining 8 tortillas and layer over sauce. Pour remaining sauce over top and sprinkle with cheese.

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.

19. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Does anyone have a recipe for a Lemon Poppyseed cake made from scratch? The only ones I seem to be able to find use cake mixes and I am more used to making cakes from scratch.

Many thanks in advance

followinghim

20. Friend of God

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Key Lime Cheesecake with Strawberries and Fresh Mint {DIABETIC}

A friend of mine made a wager that she could make something sugar-free and I could not detect it in the taste-texture-etc. She made this dessert. She was right I couldn't tell. I now owe her a complete dinner of her choice for her family, and I'm happy to "pay up."

Ingredients
    12 whole low-fat honey graham crackers, broken into small pieces
    2 Tbsp. reduced-fat margarine
    2 pkgs. [8 ozs each] reduced fat cream cheese
    1 pkg. [8 ozs each] fat-free cream cheese
    1 container [8 ozs] plain non-fat yogurt
    2/3 cup powdered sugar
    1/4 cup lime juice
    8 packets sugar substitute or equivalent of 1/4 cup sugar, divided
    2 tsp. lime peel
    1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
    3 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
    2 Tbsp. finely chopped mint leaves

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9-inch springform baking pan with nonstick cooking spray;st aside.

PLACE graham cracker pieces and margarine in food processor or blender; pulse until coarse in texture. Gently press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1/2 inch up side of pan Bake 8-10 mins. until lightly browned; cool.

BEAT cream cheese, yogurt, powdered sugar, lime juice, packets sugar substitute, lime peel and vanilla in Large bowl with electric mixer at High speed until smooth. Pour into cooled pie crust. Cover with Plastic wrap; freeze 2 hrs or refrigerate overnight.

COMBINE strawberries, remaining 2 packets sugar substitute and mint in Medium bowl 30 mins before serving; set aside.

SPOON strawberry mixture over cheesecake before serving.