1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured BBN Institute

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by kathleenmariekg, Nov 23, 2020.

1. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you presume much! If anyone teaching is against what the Bible says, then surely anyone who is a follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, and a believer in the Infallible, Inerrant Word of God, must stand for Bible Truth, even though it might go against the majority, and so-called "big names"!

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just make sure that our preferences and own convictions do not become the theology standrad!

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not fussing with this, but using "heresy" will get you into trouble. I'd like to use it with about any non-calvinist on the BB, but it is not accepted so unless I can slip it in quietly (like in this sentence) I dare not say it ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    "submit to Him as Lord"

my point being that people like Walvoord say otherwise! see #15

"to accept the lordship of Christ and to promise to serve the Lord from then on". This is AGAINST the Bible!

5. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Holy Bible MUST be our ONLY Standard, even when it disagrees with our "theology".

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed, but watch out that our own theology is now fixed as the standard all others must submit with!

7. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    sure, point taken, but I only mean this as "unbiblical teaching". John Stott taught the "heresy" of annihilation, but this does not make him a "heretic", nor mean that he is lost!

8. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    you saying that my theology is not what the Bible teaches? like where?

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the term "repent ye" is not used you seem to deny such teaching as *John 3:16 or such as the meaning of 1 John 5:1 or 1 John 5:9-13.

*Even the whole gospel of John.

10. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    what exactly are you on about? you seem to have the knack of saying things that I am supposed to believe, when you are completely wrong! I have always said very clearly, that a sinner MUST "Repent and Believe", as Jesus Himself teaches, to get saved, without these two, salvation is IMPOSSIBLE! I care not what some great teachers might argue on this, my Authority is the Holy Bible! If some want to make "repentence" a "work", as in "for merit", then they fail to understand what the God of the Bible says on this, as they do on the "Lordship" issue!"

11. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyhow, this is my last here, as this thread is not a place for debate, for which I apologise for doing.

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another avenue for study might be a local church that offers a discipleship program. As indicated by some posters, the professors of the BBN might be more interested in indoctrination rather than edification, but by taking a course or three, the value of the effort should be demonstrated.

• Like Like x 1
  13. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought that I was the only Walter Martin fan on this board. The SBC seems to have disowned him. Thank you for mentioning him.

14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which the Apostle John did not teach as such in His account of the gospel.

15. Tsalagi

Tsalagi Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dr. W. A. Criswell presented a popular-level systematic theology series from the pulpit called "Great Doctrines of the Bible" which offers a clear and fairly comprehensive coverage of the "-ologies" in about eight dozen sermons. The messages are available free of charge as text, audio, and often video at wacriswell.com - you can click By Series on the home page and type Great to see the list. The messages were also published in book form (8 vols), out of print but can be found used.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can second the free online courses from DTS.
    I’d also recommend sitting thru class lectures from Master’s Seminary archives and lectures from Ligonier.org.

Baptist Seminary Extension offers Very worthwhile courses approved by the main 6 SBC seminaries and you may get college credit for some of them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I failed to mention that you can view the Archived lectures from Master’s Seminary at You Tube.

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Confession with the mouth, like baptism are works of faith. Mark 16:16, "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but . . . ." Which are the same type of salvation promise. Neither the confession or the baptism are the requirements in those promises for salvation.

19. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is turning into a really good resource for MANY on the BB as we consider continuing education and growth in our Faith.
    Makes an old preacher smile tonight upload_2020-11-24_21-24-29.png

• Like Like x 1
  20. kathleenmariekg

kathleenmariekg Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The closest churches do not speak English as their first language (Tagalog and Spanish), just got locked down again, and are not Baptist, and we are going into the Christmas season and they are just overwhelmed. Every Sunday I watch the online service for the Spanish church, but I think you all would tell me not to watch it if you saw it. If I am supposed to join that church while I am here, I will still need to supplement what I get there, especially academically.

Without my residency and ID straightened out I do not qualify for resident tuition fees at the local college and I couldn't get there right now anyway to process the paperwork to take online classes

I'm still on foot. I still don't have an ID for this state, I am living in poverty, and cannot drive because of my seizures and eyesight. I can only go as far as I walk right now.

God has this in control and I am trusting him. Walking everywhere, including a 1 mile round trip to get water every day is making me strong and teaching me to trust.

In college, first I was pursuing a paralegal degree, with all my electives in foreign language. I received a perfect 4.0 in every class I took. Until life slapped me in the face again and I got two F's.

The school believed in me and cleared all my student debt to entice me to come back. While I was out of college, I had started studying cybersecurity on my own. I changed my degree and got perfect 4.0's again in cybersecurity.

I'm out of school again, and I think God has a third degree in mind for me. I want to prepare for the possibility that I will not be attending a secular school this time. God hardens and softens hearts towards me and I end out in places that no one imagined that I'd end out in. I shock everyone, including myself.

I'm ready to buckle down and submit to authority and pump out some classes. I want to submit to an authority that is conservative Baptist, see how that goes, and then reevaluate after a few months.