1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BBQ Guy's Man Bible Survives Fire

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Jerome, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Bibles never burn":

Bible survives flames in devastating Tenn. house fire
    If you zoom in on the photo, it's the New Living Translation "Every Man's Bible".

2. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We pulled 9 undamaged Bibles out of our home after a fire a few years ago.

fire hall.JPG

The old family Bible was in a cabinet at the end of the hall. The legs and top were burned off the cabinet and it was still in flames when the firefighters threw it out the second story window. The Bible was neither burnt or wet. My study Bible and my preaching Bible were both on my desk in the room to the right (you can just see into what had been my office). My computer had melted into the top of my desk, the keyboard was a blob and the whole thing was drenched and soot covered. Except for the two Bibles. They were as clean as they were before the fire.

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again:

Fire destroys home and claims lives of dogs, family finds bible intact among rubble

"A North Augusta family is rebuilding after a fire left them without a home. The family lost everything, including their 2 dogs, but among all the rubble one thing remained."

"Wet pages and minor smoke damage, but her bible survived the fire that destroyed the home and just about everything in it. '"Laying on my night stand, is where I kept it.' Crawley said."