1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BCS Games:

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Revmitchell, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    National Championship: #1 Florida State vs #2 Auburn
    Rose Bowl: #5 Stanford vs 4 Michigan State
    Orange Bowl: #12 Clemson vs #7 Ohio State
    Sugar Bowl: #11 Oklahoma #3 Alabama
    Fiesta Bowl: #15 UCF vs #6 Baylor

Good for UCF!

2. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Auburn vs FSU is a TV Dream match up will probably get the highest rating since the BCS System has been used to determine the overall champion. Probably another high scoring affair. I delight in G Malzahns success, but remember one robin doesn't mean its spring, remember his predecessor: 2010 Palm branches 2012 Crown of thorns.

3. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

I'm a Mizzou fan and still hurting a bit, but yes this game looks to be great. I will watch it.

I don't know enough about college football so I need to ask, If Missouri would have beat Auburn, would they be in the National champioship game since Ohio State lost? Or would Alabama play Florida State?

4. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

IMO Alabama would have got the call. I am more of a football fan then a fan of one particular team. I believe Alabama is still the best tean in the country.

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Most likely would have been Alabama/Florida State, which would have been just as wrong as 2011's Alabama/LSU game when Alabama didn't even play in the SEC Championship Game.

6. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I'm with you my friend, I still believe Alabama is the best team in the country.
    If Auburn does not get their D playing, they will have to play who can score the most, you know 63 to 60 are something like that. I believe FSU can do quite well defense, look at the Clemson game. They just out manned Duke
    the other night.
    I don't even have a dog in the fight, look at my Gators, they will be able to stay at home and watch all the games.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    RevMitchell - If you root for Syracuse (ACC) vs Minnesota (Big Ten), I will root for Fla State! Deal?

8. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Just be glad your not a Tennessee fan. :tear: Mizzou has a lot to be proud of this season.

Personally I think Alabama would have in this scenario. Regardless, the SEC will bring another title back to the conference. I'll enjoy watching Auburn run all over FSU.

9. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yep, and now Mizzou gets to revisit the Big XII (Jan. 3 vs. Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl) and remind that conference what letting Texas run things for a few years has cost them.

Yep again, and that's exactly what's gonna happen. :thumbsup:

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not a Fla St fan. I would rather Auburn win at least they are SEC but it isn't going to happen.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Opps - I just assumed.......