1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Beaten with many stripes

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by HisWitness, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't jesus say that God was the God of the living?.

Where was Moses hanging out before he appeared with Elijah with jesus?

was he "soul sleeping", brought back up, "back to sleep?"

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

honestly I have no idea what you are asking. Those in Heaven are alive as we will be.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our friends who posted the op seems to hold to something like soul sleep, doesn't he?

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

OK, now I see. It appears he's leaning in that direction, yes.

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

the scripture for that is Psalm 6-5 :)

6. Herald

Herald New Member

We'll see? I do not know what church you belong to or what type of teaching you have been exposed to, but to deny a bodily resurrection is to leave you without hope.

[12]*Now if Christ is proclaimed as raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? [13]*But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. [14]*And if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain and your faith is in vain. [15]*We are even found to be misrepresenting God, because we testified about God that he raised Christ, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. [16]*For if the dead are not raised, not even Christ has been raised. [17]*And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins. [18]*Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ have perished. [19]*If in Christ we have hope in this life only, we are of all people most to be pitied.

(1 Corinthians 15:12-19 ESV)

I hope my brethren on this board (regardless if you are my opponent in Calvinist-Arminian debates) will join with me in calling you to repentance over your serious error. Gnostic Preterism is not just a heresy, it is a damnable heresy. Paul said it plainly, "And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins." And do not think you can say, "Well, I believe Christ was raised bodily, but after 70 AD there are no more physical resurrections." Paul dispenses with that argument when he wrote, "But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised." Your denial of a resurrection for all those who die in Christ contradicts any belief you may have that Christ was raised.

A bodily resurrection is a promise made to us in Scripture. Without it you cannot be saved. Without it you are lost.

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I never said jesus was not resurrected bodily--its evident that he was :)
    In doing so scripture was fullfilled that Jesus would not see corruption(Body)

8. Herald

Herald New Member

But you deny our physical bodies will be resurrected. By denying that you place yourself in a contradiction with what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15:13, "But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised." So, by denying your own bodily resurrection you make God a liar. You cannot pick and choose on this topic. Scripture is clear.

#28 Herald, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
  9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

ok well see :)

10. Herald

Herald New Member

I genuinely fear for your soul.

11. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

iv not even made a statement on our bodies not being resurrected --you are ASSUMING thats what i believe :)

Have no fear for my Soul--For Christ has paid in FULL the requirements for me and ALL :)