1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Beating the Air

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Aaron, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, since we can't discuss the weapon in the arsenal of liberals most employed in their assault on the church and American culture in the open fora, what is left to discuss except the temperature and moisture level of the sand in which are heads are buried?

Do pets go to heaven?
    Are infants saved?
    Let's talk of drums in church . . . (would to God the church had held firm there)
    Should I kiss on a date?
    Hear-say about pastors and other church squabbles?
    Nice to see the BB is on the cutting edge of the truth to make us free!

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"That" rule also flabbergasts me, to be truthful.
    Some threads here have discussed, and bashed, pc.
    And here we have this pc (?) rule.

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I agree, it appears to be a silly notion to think that adults cannot properly discuss things of such a nature. But alas, he who owns the board gets to make the rules.

4. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

Yeah....it's not a rule I like either, but, the powers that be DID let us bend it for quite a while before they shut it down, so...

We can complain only so much. The rule is the rule after all.

5. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can see why the rule is in place. On the other Christian board I frequent we've had to greatly limit any discussion involving LGBT, setting up rules stating that it's only allowed in two, Christian-only access, specifically no-debate-allowed forums. (One being the prayer requests forum.) Not because we were trying to be PC, but because nobody could be civil about it. ALL LGBT threads turned into very heated fights, and had to be closed eventually. It wasn't promoting the type of spirit the staff on that board wished to promote. (Catholic discussions were severely limited for the same reason.)

It would seem the LGBT issue is as emotionally charged among Christians as it is among the people if the world.

#5 evenifigoalone, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't see why it's a discussion that needs to be had. There doesn't seem to be anyone on this board who is saying that homosexual sex acts aren't sinful.

The issues keep arising with all te extra-Biblical stuff that folks want to express as the truth when it isn't.

Judge within the church and preach the Gospel. Homosexuality isn't assaulting the church. The wickedness of those inside the church is assaulting the church.

The OP of this thread has one of the most foul mouths I've ever seen. That's much more of an assault on the church than homosexuals outside the church are.

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Get ready ....

Get ready ....

Wait for it ....................

......... I agree with Aaron. (except for the drum part)

When a group of Christians aren't allowed to discuss serious, serious issues that are a threat to the church, the cause of Christ, and the family - because some believe the issues are too abrasive for dainty ears.....

.....that absence of communication only makes the evil threat stronger and the wickedness more grisly cataclysmic.

This notion that we have to speak only in doe-eyed ignorance - pretending the evil doesn't existence - is silly and has always been repugnant to me.

We don't have to speak WITH filthy communication - the Bible speaks against that.

But we MUST speak ABOUT the filthy world-view that's going to destroy our children and grandchildren.

Is our excuse REALLY that we are too sensitive or that GOD FORBID someone who is a wicked unbeliever might actually find the Baptist Board and find the truth here?

8. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need an euphemism. I submit twitterpate.

9. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Maybe if a certain somebody had played nicely and not become so ugly and condescending the powers that be may have continued to allowed us to play. Because this person wanted to use curse words and insult those he did not disagree with the thread was shut down and the rules strictly interpreted. Perhaps it would have been better to have sent this person packing and allowed us to continue to discuss an important issue like mature adults.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Discuss it all you want. You have a private men's forum, and a private women's forum. Those are why those forums are provided--to discuss such topics that are not family-oriented. This is a public board that is open to the public and children. There are places to discuss sexually-oriented subjects. Keep them there.

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And DHK summarized and clarified the matter. We do NOT have a rule about discussion, only WHERE the discussion takes place.

No need to continue this thread. Looking forward to those wanting to debate/discuss the matter to take it to the proper place.

Hey, we still have to move threads to Calvinism discussion - some "slow" learners keep posting it on general Baptist forum. But we are gaining on it and surely folks will catch on as to WHERE discussions take place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.