1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Beautiful Words

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Share your favorite words and explain them please! It can be a song, a poem, a verse, or something you wrote.

I'm sitting here listening to an album of songs I used to sing to my babies constantly...started when they were newborn, and they still remember them. They each had a special song and as I was just listening to Anna's, the lyrics struck me as absolutely beautiful. (they all are, but this was really exceptionally done imo!) I picked this one for her because it just FIT. Because of her race, I was amazed by the blond streaks of hair. Because of her health, I constantly prayed she would get comfort from our Father and that she would be safe from pain.

My favorite phrase in this is "kissed by the golden stars and moon." I totally love that sentence! It makes for a very pretty word picture.

Here's the whole song:

Well I love my baby
    sweet and fair
    you've got the sky in your eye
    the sun in your hair
    I rock you to sleep most every night
    and sing you this song
    while i hold you tight

Sleep my baby
    the angels keep you from harm
    and your Father above
    cradles you in his love