1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Because someone missed the point

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Don, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saw this in another thread, but the thread is closed:
    At the risk of starting another thread that's only going to go in circles, please allow me to state the obvious:

All three of those references are talking about the same thing.

One of them talks about it from third person (relates a story).

One of them talks to a certain group of people.

And the third talks to a different group of people.

So if one writer tells one group of people one thing, and then tells another group of people the same thing in a different way, isn't there a term, or a phrase for that?

Oh, yeah: It's called "knowing your audience." So in other words, just like Revelations tells us about seven different kinds of churches, it would seem that Paul is telling one type of church one thing, and another type of church the same thing, but in a way they would better understand it.

I think people are trying to make distinctions where there are none.

Okay, got that off my chest. Feel free to flame me, or close the thread.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Millenium Exclusionists like HWIT make a distinction to attempt to prove that their are two salvations. One is eternal and another is for the millenium. Espousing that doctine on this board will get you banned. So he circles around it. For what reason I do not know.

3. standingfirminChrist

ME, or "Millenial Exclusion", is more properly named "Mercy Eliminated".

The proponents who hold to the ME doctrine are putting saved people in outer darkness for a thousand years to be "tormented in these flames" because, although they are saved, they just did not do enough works to be deemed worthy of entering the millenial kingdom with the Zane Hodges and Joseph Dillow crowd.

The judgment seat of Christ for the saved is a place where the saved are judged according to their works. The ME cronies would have us believe that Christ will tell some of the saved people they must go to a Joey Faust purgatory to stay there until Bob Wilkin or Charles Bing tell Jesus to let them out.

Sounds like the catholic doctrine of purgatory where one can be prayed out of hell, eh?