1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Been offthe web for a while.. just checking in

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by j_barner2000, Sep 12, 2004.

1. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

The family and I are in Northern MI now... Been living in a motor home since the beginning of June. It is trying but that is O.K.

The church that I was candidating for had 2 men candidating at the same time and they told the other man , but not me that that was the case....

Must not have been God's will that I pastor there.

I have filled pulpets 3 out of 4 Sundays, since I have been here.

Today I ran a circuit. Had 2 churches to serve. The D.O.M. has tossed the idea of doing that for a while. We have so many pastorless churches in our local associatio

I am joyous that God has provided another man with 50+ years to mentor me. (Not the D.O.M.) He even attended Bible college with my previous pastor/mentor. God is awesome.

Just wanted to check in and let you all know I am still praying for you all. As I do not have an internet connection yet I will check in as opportunity arrises.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ain't church ethics fun :-( had a friend that waited for word on his candidating for over a month, finally called the church - Oh we called someone else. They had three men in at the same time and none of the men knew about it till after the fact.

3. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

I did not give all of the details, just the gist. I was treated in a manner no church should treat anyone. It was a political thing. I have had to pray that the Lord give me the forgivness to get past it. I was misled by being denied a plethora of material information which would have caused me to avoid candidating at that particular church... It hurt myself and my family tremendously. God, however, had a pastor and the D.O.M. prepared at the right time to counsel and help my family to get over the disappointment and anger. I believe He has a pastoral ministry prepared for us and He will place us there in His perfect timing. The opportunity to supply is honing my preaching skills in the meantime. He is soveriegn and knows what is best for us.

4. NateT

NateT Member

My only experience was I sent a tape to a church. They called a week or two before Christmas to say they really enjoyed it and were taking off about a month for Christmas, but would get back with me. They never did. However, that gave me more time at work, and also means I went to SBTS instead of Midwestern (I would have been close to KC).

I hope that you are blessed you through this.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good to have you dropping by. It is a challenge some times to simply "wait on the Lord". But the character that is tried come out purified as gold.

6. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Thanks for all of your prayer. As God closes one door, He opens a better one or sometimes it is a window through which we can glimpse His working.

We are still being considered by a church ( in fact, the church we would really love to serve) as pastor. They would call except they feel I am a little green. Met with the retired pastor from that church today and am encouraged by the conversation. So, please pray for us.

7. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

Well... God has moved since I posted this. I have been informed today that I will be called as pastor in my first church effective Wednessday. ( they would have announced it today but wanted to finalize a couple of details.)

It is a small independant Baptist church way out in the country. I will need to maintain my secular employment as the congregation is small and cannot, at this time, support a full time paid pastor. God is so good. I was becoming discouraged, as the churches I had been in contact with and I disagreed on some not so important issues and some that were in my opinion very important. In meeting with the congregation numerous times, we have found that we agree on all of the issues discussed.

Pray for me, friends and for the congregation of Curtisville Baptist Church as we grow to know each other and find God's mission for us to accomplish in our community.

Soon my family will be able to move out of the motor home that has been our home since the beginning of June while we sought His plan for ministry. We are so excited. Then, I will be back on here regularly to question all of you more experienced pastors, and return to the position of just generally being a bother to you all.

God bless you and shall we all lift praise up to the awesome creator of everything

8. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Praise God!!!

He is so faithful. He is always right on time. You and your family and your church family will be in my prayers. If you will allow me to share with you what an elder pastor shared with me when I started in my first church.

"Preach the Word and Love the People"

God Bless you,

Bro Tony