1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Before the Call

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by TomVols, Jan 15, 2002.

1. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Molly,

Indeed, as Dr. Bob said, I am in full time ministry (usually, overtime ministry) and there is a calling from God.

2. td

td New Member

I was a street cop in Berkeley. Got shot and retired. Later worked in the pulp and paper business and now at a technical college working with prison inmates.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know the feeling, brorobw, and I guess so does every pastor who serves under true calling.

4. tlange

tlange New Member

Was in high school and found out that I could not join the military because of my vision. Was considering a career as a CPA, when I got saved during the middle of my senior year of high school (15 yrs ago) I have been preaching for 15 years now. I finished Bible college 10 years ago. I haven't always been in full-time ministry. I worked in the corporate world within the Student Loan Industry for ten years. I have been an administrator at an IFB mission board for the last three years.

All of my employment opportunities have taught me something for the next level.

5. dave brauer

dave brauer New Member

I realized the call, received training and wrote my own assignment. In good time God gave His orders. I was a Director of Nursing in Long Term Care and an Army Reservist with 15 years military exreience. 10 years active duty. Now I am happily serving 450 miles north of North Dakota, and we still have lots of ice on our lakes up here. We should be able to get "out on Visitation" very soon though.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I know the feeling, brorobw, and I guess so does every pastor who serves under true calling.</font>[/QUOTE]Amen and Amen!