1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Begging for God’s judgement

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by stilllearning, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

It's not going to stop with fetuses. What do you think the Death Panel discussion is all about?

If this flies, we'll find decisions down the road to just let sick people die if they're old and non-productive, and a burden on the medical care system. And down the road, maybe we'll just kill them.

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Could you explain how abortion is God's judgment?

4. mets65

mets65 New Member

God gives us free will and we can make reckless decision. Gods plan for us is not to have abortions and neither is his plan to have children out of wedlock.

5. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I do not support abortion, mind you. I just do not think 'birth control' is in the same class, nor necessarily prohibited scripturally.

6. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

Are you saying it is a lesser sin or not a sin at all?

7. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I am saying that birth control, like many other things, is neither expressly permitted nor prohibited in the Bible and therefore is between the believers (husband and wife) and God. Murder (abortion) is prohibited.

8. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what's the practical difference between abortion and an abortifacient-based form of birth control?

9. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

God did not say "Be fruitful and multiply, once you get your careers off and running."
    God did not say "Be fruitful and multiply, unless you have a genetic disease that I cannot cure."
    God did not say "Be fruitful and multiply, unless you are "at risk" , I cannot handle that either."
    God did not say "Be fruitful and multiply, but only if you have the right house in the right neighborhood."
    God did not say "Be fruitful and multiply, between the ages of 18 and 36."
    God did not say "Be fruitful and multiply, and have 2.3 children."
    God did not say "Be fruitful and multiply, unless you are still discovering yourself and are unsure of the future in your marriage."
    God did not say "Be fruitful and multiply, until the world population is too much to sustain, I can only do so much."
    God said be fruitful and multiply.
    Birth Control,
    God brings forth life, we try to control
    Birth Control is for selfish people that want sex only.
    Birth Control is for unbelievers.
    Birth Control is for people who cannot trust God.
    Birth Control is for people that have very little faith.
    Birth Control is for people that fear.

10. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

[SIZE=+0]I am not sure how this got to dealing with birth control, but it has. Personally I can say that I do feel that birth control was not what God intended as a way to limit the size of the family. I really believe that He wanted us to flood the earth with children teaching them to be godly and who would spread His word in the mist of an evil people. However in the absence of clear scripture it is difficult to support anti birth control as a teaching from God at least in being dogmatic and telling another it is absolutely sin other then by pointing to vague interpretations.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0] I will say that most of those who hold to chemical birth control do not know that the chemical (the pill) can cause an abortion. According to studies a many a women have become pregnant while on the pill and aborted just a few days after the conception to never know what happened. So while I personally hold that birth control can and probably does go against the principles of God regardless of the method there is not enough scripture to make an absolute case and once pointed out why the practice should be weighed against the word of God that is as far as I personally can go in good conscience towards God.[/SIZE]

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Where did anyone say "abortifacient-based form of birth control"? No one said that. We're talking birth control in general - that which prevents the egg and sperm from meeting. That is quite different than "abortifacient-based form of birth control". Even not having relations during a fertile time is a form of birth control you know.

12. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

"Even not having relations during a fertile time is a form of birth control you know."
    Very true, and other forms of "natural" birth control. I won't get descriptive.

13. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Studies have also shown that women who do not use chemical birth control conceive and miscarry within a few days, most never knowing they had conceived. It happens less often with the pill.

Don't take that mean I am pro pill. Just that sometimes we need to consider all the science.

I don't see limiting the size of the family through acceptable (non killing) means is a sin. If it were, then it would be a sin to remain single.

Some things truly are between the believer and God, not the believer, God, and the other believers.

14. mets65

mets65 New Member

Very well said

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The difference to me is that one is man-induced and the other is God-induced. There is a difference between naturally losing a pregnancy and losing a pregnancy because of a chemical we are putting into our bodies. When I was on the pill for medical reasons, we used another form of birth control along with it so that I would decrease the risk of fertilization if I did ovulate on my own. Of course we didn't know at the time that I never ovulate naturally so I had nothing to worry about. But with the information that I did know, I tried to work it with my belief in the sanctity of life.