1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Being haunted by Devils/Ghosts

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winman

Winman Active Member

OK, what do you mean here?

2. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

The majority of the views of those particular eschatological systems do not see the 1000 years of Revelation 20:1-4 as a future yet-to-come event, but something that is happening right here and now, that instead of Satan being bound after the tribulation, and at the start of the millennial kingdom, that he is actually bound right now, and the thousand years are not meant to be literal but figurative.

Thus, according to those type of eschatological views, since Satan should be bound right now, there should be no such thing as demonic activity. The fact that demonic activity exists right now proves (among many reasons) that such a view is horrendous.

Most Calvinists hold to an amillennial, post-millennial, full-preterist, covenant or historicist view of eschatology. All of these views must explain away the thousand year reign of Christ as well as the thousand year binding of Satan (which was preceded by the casting into the lake of fire of the beast and false prophet, Rev 19) as a type of allegorical event. There are so many diverse views on it which is why you rarely ever see a Calvinist expound on prophecy-Luther and Calvin never touched Revelation so why should they!

Saying that if you want to get rid of demons, become a dominionist is like saying if you want to get rid of free will, become a Calvinist.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I actually assumed it was my wife and asked if she was going to bed. When she didn't answer, I went into the bathroom as that is where the shadow went. When I didn't see her in there I went back downstairs and she was sleeping. Thought it was one of the kids, checked their room and they were all sleeping too.

4. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Maybe it was a genie that came out of the bottle of spirits.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Congrats...you earned dumbest post of the day award.

6. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

My understanding of some of the posters to this thread is more enlightening by all the boogers, shadows, and white sheet theology they believe in.

7. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

All are possessed by satan until they trust Christ.

Can a Christian be possessed by satan or one of his demons? No way, Jose'.

8. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Wow, I've had the same thing happen to me. I'm trying to convince the wife to let me quit work, and take out a second and third mortgage so I can study this phenomena, possibly turning it into a book deal and a made for tv movie. $$$$$ :tongue3:

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Usually it is Red Velvet cake or ice cream that haunts me. It calls to me in the night...

11. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mock, but there is a reality to this, although not "boogers" or "white sheets" or ghosts as popularly understood.

The demonic is real and is occasionally manifested in forms of three-dimensional shadows, etc. It is highly unusual, but it is real.

I haven't dealt with it since 1990, but there was a time when I and several other people were ministering to occultists and we were demonically harassed. There were many independent witnesses of the harassment - and occasionally the visual manifestations.

Don't be obsessed with the demonic, nor dismissive of it. And you don't have to be scared of it either. It will probably mess with you mind the first couple of times you deal with it, but then you realize that you have authority in Christ over the demonic and it just becomes annoying.

#31 Baptist Believer, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Lots of people on this thread has been watching too many movies and reading stories. If there were shadows, demons, UFOs, reappearance of Elvis, ghosts, aliens, etc. I do believe is sixty some odd years I would have experienced one or know someone that did. What a bunch of baloney.

I do believe if I were a demon or Satan, whose purpose was to keep souls from the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, I would have better things to do than make myself look like a shadow and scare people.

13. Winman

Winman Active Member

I can easily understand your skepticism, I was a complete skeptic myself when I was young. My parents were very practical and scientific persons who did not believe in ghosts or the supernatural whatsoever, and that is how I believed myself until I had some very strange experiences.

Now why someone like yourself has no experiences and someone like myself has multiple experiences I cannot say. I will say that this has been the greatest effect on me personally, the question, "Why do I see these things?". I have come to believe that the motive is to discredit me, especially my testimony for Christ. Nevertheless, I know what I have seen and tell the truth. I fully expect many folks to laugh and mock, but that is just how it is.

You have to deal with these reports one at a time. Sure, there are lots of kooks out there who think they are seeing things, and there are many folks who mistake natural phenomena for the supernatural. But there are legit cases that cannot be explained.

14. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I do not doubt that these things happen. But just because one is a Christian and "sees something" does not mean it is in fact demonic. Or even a black panther, for you DuckD fans out there.)

15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

Yes, I got the reference. :D

16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your experiences are not the arbiter of all truth. I honestly didn't believe in the demonic until I experienced it. And even though I experienced it for a season, I haven't experienced it in that form since 1990.

I have seen UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects - not necessarily from outer space) on some remote roads in Central Texas, but I have come to learn that they were actually some top secret military aircraft with some unusual noise dampening and stealth characteristics - some of which I am now aware of because of my job. I never thought the craft I saw were from outer space, but they were definitely not normal aircraft.

Fear and harassment keeps people from acting. It also gives those who are indulging in occult activities boldness and reassurance that they have power/control over their lives - even while their lives are coming apart. One of the main reasons I believe I haven't seem any visual manifestations since 1990 is that it doesn't phase me anymore. I dealt with it so much that it is now counterproductive.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I guess since you've never experienced space travel, it must also be baloney. I know what I saw and heard on another occasion.

18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have experienced demonic manifestations. They are real but I have no idea what they want or why they manifest themselves.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

............Boo.......................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone is interested, I have a Ouija board for sale directly controlled by Elvis.

#39 saturneptune, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  20. beameup

beameup Member

A civilization firmly based upon "logic" and "reason" lacks the ability to look deeply into the spiritual realm.
    The truth is that we are dwelling in a very temporary physical environment of height, width, depth and time.
    The real "reality" is the spiritual realm. The vast "spiritual realm" (good and evil) is somewhat "subdued" and limited
    at this present time, but it will not remain so as we get ever closer to the Tribulation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.