1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Believers on Network TV

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Jerome, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone catch "The Amazing Race" now that CBS is airing it on Friday instead of a church night? One of the teams is 'Soul Surfer' Bethany Hamilton and her husband Adam Dirks. So refreshing to hear love for God proclaimed!

2. T Alan

T Alan New Member

I'm not really familiar with "soul surfer" or the doctrinal alignment she and he holds. But it could be like those "duck" guy they sound good on the surface but stir it just a little and it stinks.

I detest it when shows promote folk as Christian and then they are obviously from the fringe.:BangHead:

3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did anyone watch the 'The Survivor' program last season? Apparently it featured a Cedarville alumnus, Josh Canfield?

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bob Jones University theater major appearing on Fox's 'MasterChef':

Nathan Won't Be Bullied in the Kitchen

"Barnhouse is a polarizing figure on Fox’s 'MasterChef'....He looks like a teenager, and his high voice makes him sound younger."

"Barnhouse has spoken on camera about his being bullied...'snide remarks about your lack of coordination and rude comments about the way you run. When you muster up the nerve to try out for sports, three older boys make fun of you and throw you into the church dumpster'."

"'[Gordon Ramsey's] never sworn at me. The only swear word, I think, was 'damn'.'...Barnhouse’s parents are Christian missionaries living in Zambia. He was there for three years, making do with scarce cooking staples. Although religious talk is a rarity on American television, 'I didn’t have to get up and say, 'Today I have to be careful and not talk about God too much'."

#5 Jerome, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  6. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know Nathan Barnhouse, he went to one of bible colleges I went to.

7. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Apparently a Baptist pastor's wife was testifying over the CBS airwaves last night while we were at church:

"What an incredible honor it has been, to share a room with someone who is also a believer...You will get your crown...no one can stop what God has for you."

"All glory to God who is the author and finisher of my faith!
    My husband Pastor John Allen Newman inspires me every day.
    With God all things are possible! I am a product of the praying mother, and the reason that I was able to make it from the projects to the White House, from Trump Tower to here in Hollywood with with each of you, is because God is a God of second chances....I know that God is able, and He has done a profound thing in my life.
    I say this to the nation, we are facing a pivotal moment in this country. We cannot allow hatred, division, and bigotry to tear us down. We are one nation under God.
    With the power of the vote, the ballot, our diversity will allow us to unite. We can change this country, to be together, united, under God!"

Did anyone here without a Sunday evening service get to watch this game show yesterday, it's called 'Big Brother'?

#7 Jerome, Feb 26, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  8. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought that last name was familiar, his family were singing evangelists with Life Action Ministries, serving alongside Les Ollila. Baptist fundamentalists!:

Life Action Ministries - Steve and Debby Canfield