1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Belittling Small Town Americans

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Apr 16, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Call it something else.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Methinks you protest with one side of your face while the other plays semantics with "beliefs" and pretends to "think" a lot while knowing almost nothing.

#21 carpro, Apr 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2008
  2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I know enough not to have to depend upon media distractions.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it amusing you have spent so much time on a subject you deem not worthy of discussion. :laugh:

Could it simply be a case of not wanting anyone to discuss it since you don't want to? Why don't you just take your ball and go home since some of us don't want to play your way?:wavey:

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120873309012529689.html?mod=djemEditorialPage

Obama's Touch of Class
    By THOMAS FRANK
    April 21, 2008; Page A17

EXCERPT

Allow me to introduce myself. According to the general clucking of the national punditry, my 2004 book – "What's the Matter With Kansas?" – is supposed to have persuaded Barack Obama to describe the yeomanry of Pennsylvania as "bitter" people who "cling to guns or religion or . . . anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

SNIP

Consider, for example, the one fateful charge that the punditry and the other candidates have fastened upon Mr. Obama – "elitism." No one means by this term that Mr. Obama is a wealthy person (he wasn't until last year), or even that he is an ally of the wealthy (although he might be that). What they mean is that he has committed a crime of attitude, and revealed his disdain for the common folk.

It is a stereotype you have heard many times before: Besotted with latte-fueled arrogance, the liberal looks down on average people, confident that he is a superior being. He scoffs at religion because he finds it to be a form of false consciousness. He believes in regulation because he thinks he knows better than the market.