1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn Discussions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bible-boy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I haven't discussed OSAS at all. The topic has been salvation via faith in Christ alone.
    Except that I have and do readily acknowlege that. You, otoh, appear to view the need to learn about scripture as a bad thing.

2. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh boy...how stupid do you think I am?
    This here is exactly OSAS! Simply once accepting Jesus and then you can do whatever you want and stay saved and you said "YES".

Yes. That's what the Bible says.</font>[/QUOTE]

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Please don't ask me that. I gave up caffiene for lent.

No, OSAS is the issue of whether a person can lose his/her salvation.

The issue you brought up is faith-based salvation vs works-based salvation. Scripture does not teach works-based salvation. It teaches faith-based salvation.

4. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But this is exactly about losing your salvation!

You seem to believe that all you have to do is to accept Jesus once in your life, maybe at the end of a church service you decide to walk up and just check out what this Jesus dude has to offer and then you accept him and later you notice that you didn't become rich or beautiful and then you forget about Jesus and go back to sinning and you check out Buddhism but it sucks and later you get into satanism and it goes on and on and on and according to you this person is still saved because he once accepted Jesus. Gimme a break! This is ridiculous.
    This would even go against our will. What if you once accepted Jesus and then you're kind of forced to go to heaven what if you don't want to anymore?

5. standingfirminChrist

Benny Will Preach Falsely

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

:confused:

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Then he never trusted Jesus Christ in the first place did he? Give me a break! Your logic is circular and nonsensical.
    If a miner finds gold we he then throw it all away?

Matthew 13:45-46 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

When one truly finds Jesus Christ as Savior he has no need of looking any further.
    DHK

8. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

xdisciplex wrote this and I snipped a portion of it:

First, Johnv doesn't need me to defend him. He can do that quite adequately, so I'm not going to spend keystrokes doing that.

However, what you describe in this hypothetical situation isn't salvation. The motive of this hypothetical person is to become rich and beautiful. Because of this motive, I question the legitimacy of calling the hypothetical person saved. There is nothing presented that shows a new birth, changed heart, changed life, or a new creature. Besides, there are threads popping up about OSAS all the time. Why hijack this one when you can start another one?

There has been documented evidence, in this very thread, that shows Benny denies the Deity of Christ. That alone is enough to denounce him as preaching a false gospel.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I adhere to what scripture says. Salvation is a gift. That gift is offerred to all. All we have to do is accept it. Scripture says that all our acts of righteousness are like filthy rags. Scripture further says that there is no one righteous enough to enter the Kingdom on his own merit. Scripture further says that by faith we are saved, not by works.

So, if you have a problem with faith-based salvation, I suggest you take it up with God.

As for as OSAS, I've never once entertained the idea of whether one loses one's salvation after accepting it, or whether one can never lose it once one accept it. So clearly, this issue is not about OSAS at all.

If Benny Hinn, unrighteous though he is, has accepted Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior, then he is saved, whether I like it or not.

No, you need to give the rest of us a break. Do you not see how your post here demonstrates your lack of understanding on this topic?
    That's a different topic altogether. I personally don't think that God forces people into Heaven against their will. But that's just my $.02. I don't have any scripture to back this up.

10. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Let's say Hitler had accepted Jesus when he was 18 years old. Later in his live he's responsible for the death of 6 million Jews. Where is Hitler now?

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

If Hitler accepted Christ as his personal Lord and Savior, then he is saved. I have no problem with this. If Jesus' salvation is good enough for Hitler, then I can only imagine how much greater it is for a sinner like me.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Romans 14:11-12 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    DHK

13. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I guess you can simply reason in different ways.

You can say: Whoever accepts Jesus will be saved.

And when I say:But what if somebody only once accepted him and then went back to sinning and never ever thought about Jesus does he still have his ticket to heaven?

Then you can say: A person which really become born again would not even do this so your example is not valid.

But what about a person which once got born again and was on fire for God but then walked away back into the world and started sinning again? Is this person still saved? Can you walk out of God's hand?
    What about the parable of the vine? Jesus himself says that there are branches which are cut off. Or what about the parable of the sower and the parable of the servant who hid his talent? I really want to know how you make these parables fit to your theology.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

15. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I see why this is a troubling thought!

However, we must remember that when we get to Heaven, we will all have a reward, for all eternity, that is based on our works. Works do not get us in to Heaven, but they form the basis of our reward.

So, if Hitler somehow was saved and went to Heaven, his reward would be different that someone who lived a Godly life.

(I Cor. 3:12-15)

16. standingfirminChrist

The thing is, if Hitler had been saved, the Holy Spirit would have convicted him and stopped him way before 6,000,000 people were slaughtered.

God chastens whom He loves.

17. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Oh, I see.
    So you simply take the road over:

"If somebody did such a thing then he simply was never a christian."

This is a pretty simply solution because it's very easy to lable the people. If a christian behaves normal then he is a christian. If a christian doesn't behave like he should then it's very easy because he never was a christian....

@ standingfirm

Let me ask you a question. Imagine on a very bad day you totally lose it and you kill somebody. Let's say somebody upsets you so much that you throw him out of the window or push him down the stairs what would you do? I mean would you simply ask for forgiveness and then you'd feel good again as if nothing had happened because God has forgiven you? Or would you still take years or maybe forever to get over this?

18. standingfirminChrist

xdisciplex,

God's Word says

1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

The hatred that was in Hitler's heart for the Jewish nation is ample proof that he was not a christian at all.

No murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Are you not reading the Scripture I am posting for you? If one truly trusts Christ as his Saviour then his life will change. The Holy Spirit comes and dwells within and changes a person. (2Cor.5:17). Beyond that we are to judge people by their fruit (Mat.7:20). By fruit Jesus meant doctrine; he was speaking of false teachers like Benny Hinn who preaches a false gospel and teaches false doctrine. He said beware of them. Concerning the salvation of everyone else that is not your worry it is God's. If you are truly saved your concern is your own personal relationship with Christ, and your walk with him; not others. With respect to others who are unsaved, your duty is to win them to the Lord--carrying out the Great Commission. The Bible condemns needless speculation like dwelling about the salvation of Hitler. So why even bring up these things.

2 Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

20. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

what does this mean? that a christian can impossibly hate another person? what if terrorists kill your family? would you not at least in the beginning hate them? :confused:
    isn't the real question what you do with this hate? wether you feed it or wether you bring it before God and ask him to help you to forgive?