1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn Discussions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bible-boy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. standingfirminChrist

xdisciplex, when I found out it was my brother who caused me to be put in prison many years ago, I was furious, I wanted to kill him. But while biding my time behind the prison walls and bars, I was witnessed to and accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior. From that moment on, Christ took away that hatred I had for my brother.

That being said, if a terrorist killed my family, I believe my God would give me the peace needed in my heart to forgive that man. No, I could not hate him.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

In a manner of speaking, yes. Jesus said we're to love our neirghbor, including our enemies. He didn't say w had to "like" them. He said we had to love them. Love is a decision, not a feeling. Sure, we may have anger towards what a person does, but we do not withhold love from anyone.

I'm sure one would have feelings of hatred, but a Christian has the responsibly to deal with those feelings, put them behind you, and not let them control you. A Christian lets it go. Should I still have hatred for my ex-wife for me having caught her with someone else? I did at first, but the Lord got methrought those, and I no longer have that anger and hatred for her. That doesn't mean I've given her permission to sin against me, but it means I'm no a slave to what she did against me.

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

standingfirminChrist,

You said, 'No murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.'

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you talking about now? This thread is about Benny!

[​IMG]

If Benny is a true Christian, then he must present the sufficient number of people who were healed by his miracle. So far nobody, I say NOOOOBODY has been confirmed to have been healed by Benny. Such confirmation can be made by medical reports with sound proofs.

Benny asks for the money all the time, which is contrary to the teaching of Jesus Christ:

freely ye have received, freely give. (Mt 10:8)

5. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

This is also something I don't understand.
    The WoFers preach if you are poor donate money and God will give you back a multiplicity. But when they run out of money what do they do? They ask for money....
    Kinda strange....

6. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Time to post the heresies of the word-faith movement again:

"I have read some critics of the word faith movement. I consider the word faith movement to be one of the dominant heresies of today. This "word-faith" heresy which originated with E. W. Kenyon and Kenneth Hagin is being aggressively pushed by Copeland, Hinn, Crouch, Capps, Savelle, Avanzini, Price and others of similar stripe.

John MacArthur writing in “Charismatic Chaos”, p. 290 states of the Word faith movement as follows:

“Word-Faith teachers owe their ancestry to groups like Christian Science, Swedenborgianism, Theosophy, Science of Mind, and New Thought--not to classical Pentecostalism . It reveals that at their very core, Word-Faith teachings are corrupt. Their undeniable derivation is cultish, not Christian. The sad truth is that the gospel proclaimed by the Word-Faith movement is not the gospel of the New Testament. Word-Faith doctrine is a mongrel system, a blend of mysticism, dualism, and gnosticism that borrows generously from the teachings of the metaphysical cults. The Word-Faith movement may be the most dangerous false system that has grown out of the charismatic movement so far, because so many charismatics are unsure of the finality of Scripture “

D.R. McConnell, a graduate of Oral Roberts University writes about the word faith movement in “A Different Gospel”, page 186, as follows:

“There are many peculiar ideas and practices in the Faith theology, but what merits it the label of heresy are the following:
    1) its deistic view of God, who must dance to men's attempts to manipulate the spiritual laws of the universe;
    2) its demonic view of Christ, who was filled with "the Satanic nature" and must be "born again in hell;
    3) its gnostic view of revelation, which demands denial of the physical senses and classifies Christians by their willingness to do so; and
    4) its metaphysical view of salvation, which deifies man and spiritualizes the atonement, locating it in hell rather than on the cross, thereby subverting the crucial biblical belief that it is Christ's physical death and shed blood, which alone atone for sin.
    All four of these heresies may be accounted for by Kenyon 's syncretism of methaphysical thought with traditional biblical doctrine “

The heretical teachings of this word faith movement are summarized by 16 points presented [page 497ff] in the “Kingdom of the Cults” by Walter Martin and revised by Hank Hanegraff.

Heresy #1

“He’s [God is] very much like you and me. A being that stands somewhere around 6’2”, 6’3”, who weighs somewhere in the neighborhood of a couple of hundred pounds, little better, [and] has a [hand] span of nine inches across.” [Kenneth Copeland, quoted by Hanegraff, Christianity in Crisis, page 121]

“God spoke Adam into existence in authority with words [Genesis 1:26, 28]. These words struck Adam’s body in the face. His body and God’s were exactly the same size.” [Kenneth Copeland, quoted by Hanegraff, Christianity in Crisis, page 379]

“He [God] measured out heaven with a nine inch span ... The distance between my thumb and my finger is not quite nine inches. So I know He’s bigger than me, thank God. Amen.” [Jerry Savelle quoted by Hanegraff, Christianity in Crisis, page 122]

Heresy #2

Faith is the literal substance that God used to create the universe, and He transported that faith with His words. Here, essentially, is what God did. God filled His words with faith. He used His words as containers to hold His faith and contain that spiritual force and transport it out there into the vast darkness by saying, ‘light, be’! That's the way God transported His faith causing creation and transformation. The way that He created the world was that, first of all, he conceived something on the inside of Him. He conceived, He had an image, He had a picture.

Heresy #3

All things, including God, are subject to this ‘force of faith’ beause it works according to spiritual ‘laws’ of the universe. There are laws of the world of the spirit. The spiritual world and its laws are more powerful than the physical world . The world and the physical forces governing it were created by the power of faith--a spiritual force. It is this force of faith which makes the laws of the spirit world function. The force of faith is released by words. Faith-filled words put the law of the Spirit of life into operation.

Heresy #4

The greatest thing God conceived of and created was an exact duplicate of himself. This duplicate god--named Adam-was God manifested in the flesh.

Heresy #5

God eventually went to Adam, who was anatomically male and female, and separated the female part from the male part to make a womb-man (woman). Adam named this ‘man with a womb’ Eve. She, like Adam, was a god.

Heresy #6

The Fall caused Adam and Eve's divine natures to be replaced with Satan’s nature. They also lost their rights of rulership to planet earth. Even God was barred from having full access to earth because Adam and Eve were under His lordship when they ‘fell’. Through their disobedience Satan became the god of this world.

Heresy #7

God formulated a scheme to take back the earth, but in order to execute His plan He had to find a human who would invite Him (give Him permission) to work within the earthly realm. Finally, God got to a point where He had His plan ready for operation. And He saw a man named Abraham. In return for allowing God to bring the Messiah through his lineage, Abraham received unlimited health and wealth.

Heresy #8

For centuries God visualized Jesus. Then, when it was finally time for the Messiah to come forth, God spoke him into existence through faith in the same way that He had visualized and spoken into existence everything else. Bringing forth Jesus, however, was also dependent upon whether or not Mary would lend her faith to help form the body of the Lord out of the literal ‘Word’ (confession).

Heresy #9

While on earth Jesus was wealthy. He lived in a big house, had a great deal of money, and wore the finest clothes.

Heresy #10

Although Jesus declared that he walked with God and that God was in Him, he never actually claimed to be God. In fact, during his three years of public ministry Jesus did not stand in a class by himself.... He was ministering on earth as a human being -- a prophet anointed with the Holy Spirit. Jesus remained sinless so He could redeem men from their Satanic natures.

Heresy #11

In order to redeem humanity, Jesus had to die spiritually as well as physically. When He died spiritually, he died in the same way that Adam died. In other words, He lost His divine nature and was given the nature of Satan. Jesus’ death on the cross and His shed blood did not atone for our sins. The atonement took place in hell through the devil's torturing of Jesus’ spirit for three days and three nights. Unfortunately for Satan, Jesus was taken to hell ‘illegally’ because He had never sinned. This ‘technicality’ enabled God to use His ‘force of faith’ to revive Jesus’ spirit, restore Jesus’ divine nature, and resurrect Jesus’ body. Through the resurrection process Jesus was ‘born again’.

Heresy #12

When a person is born again they experience exactly what happened to Jesus. Their satanic nature is replaced by God’s divine nature. The transformation is so identical to Jesus’ transformation that Christians become little gods (small “g”) and are as much an incarnation of God as was Jesus.

Heresy #13

Because Christians are ‘little gods’, they now have access to the ‘God- kind of faith’, which can be used to get virtually anything they want. Christians, rather than God, have authority in the earth over Satan and sickness and disease. Consequently, believers should never pray God’s will be done.

Heresy #14

To obtain specific desires, Christians must do three things: (1) loose the power of the “force of faith” by speaking or positively confessing whatever is wanted (e.g., ‘I am healed’, ‘I am not sick’, etc.); (2) believe that whatever has been confessed will definitely be received; and (3) ignore or look beyond the visible reality (i.e, remaining sickness, low finances, etc.) and continue claiming what has been confessed.

Heresy #15

Everything bad, including poverty and sickness, comes from Satan. God’s people should have a completely blessed life. A Christian not experiencing such a life is either: (1) in sin; or (2) lacking enough faith to bring about what is desired.

Heresy #16

The power of audible confession is so great that sometimes a person can unknowingly bring tragedy upon themselves by making negative confessions. For example, a woman who is mugged may have actually caused that mugging if at any time prior to the experience she made comments like, ‘I live in such a dangerous part of the city that I'm afraid I’ll be mugged’. The woman should have been saying, ‘I will not be mugged’. Similarly, someone who jokingly says ‘I feel like I'm going crazy’ may actually become insane.

The above 16 points show how the word-faith teachers have corrupted the truth contained in the Word of God into gross heresy. I cannot say that all those caught up in the word-faith movement are unsaved but thay are surely following heretical teachings."

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

There were 50-60,000,000 people killed in WWII, not just 6,000,000 Jews.

8. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Let's stay on topic folks. This thread is about Benny Hinn. I don't want to have to start deleting off topic posts. Get on topic and stay on topic. If you want to discuss other subjects start new threads or look for one that has already been established on your topic of interest.

Yours in Christ,

Bible-Boy,
    Forum Moderator

[ March 03, 2006, 02:57 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

9. Pete

Pete New Member

It's extremely unlikely that Benny is a Christian. He claims his "anointing" is from the Lord, however when "under the anointing" the garbage he comes out with is incredible.

His infamous "There are nine of them!" statement in reference to the Trinity came out on one of those occasions. Why would the Lord tell him to say that? When later questioned on it he said he got it from the writings of Finis Dake...So it wasn't "revelation knowledge" after all? Then why did he say it was at the time?

His famous prophecy regarding Fidel Castro's death in the 90s (someone should tell Fidel..) was preceded by "The Spirit tells me..." We all know it didn't happen, so exactly WHAT "Spirit" told Benny to say this? On that occasion Benny's "Lord" also told him to pass on the word that in '94-95 God was going to destroy the homosexual community of America. And so on...Were these genuine prophecies God gave Benny, but at the last minute God kept changing His mind? God must be really mad at Benny to be doing that do him for so long huh?

IF Benny is a Christian perhaps he should pray that God will take those voices in his head from him, as that "Spirit" and "Lord" he is listening to now seem to be giving him all sorts of false information...

10. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pete,
    Thanks for your post. I trust that Benny said such prophecy, but for others' future reference, it will be appreciated if you can post what he said, with the source of Info. about his prophecy about Fidel Castro, etc.

11. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Pete,

My own feeling is I like to hear him preach instead of always blessing the people who come up on the platform.

As to what I believe--I firmly believe that all of the future events are written in the Major and Minor Prophets, in Matthew 24 and in the Book of Revelation.

No one knows the day of the Lord's return for His church [I Thessalonians 4:16-17] or other end time events such as the Battle of Armageddon [Revelation 16:16]. The late President of the United States, Reagan, often spoke of this future event.

Some of these pastors have never been trained in a good Bible College or seminary, thus, they get off track at times. The Lord does not always greatly use the most orthodox of Christian leadership. He is sovereign and we are but instruments in His hands. We have to pray for all men and women who are 'born again' and hope that good teachers will providentially pass their way so as to correct their wrong thinking.

The problem is once a pastor is very successful he or she think their theology must be right because the Lord is greatly using them. He uses all Christians, if we are willing, in spite of our wrong ideas--at times about Him. The final authority is the Bible which you know as well as me.

Berrian, Th.D.

12. Pete

Pete New Member

Eliyahu, I gave longer versions of the Castro & homosexual prophecies and the dates Benny said them in the second post on this thread [​IMG] A web search on those quotes will give the locations, and on some of them even mp3s of the events.....While a look at Benny's site will show absolutely no mention of why none of the prophecied events came to pass.

Ray, surely Benny goes above and beyond the "off track at times" category though mate? Look at my previous post again. The bloke says he is "under the anointing" then claims "there are nine of them" in reference to the Trinity, or he starts a line with "The Spirit tells me..." or "The Lord also tells me to tell you..." and follows up with a prophecy that is proven wrong.

What does that make the "anointing" that Benny makes such a big deal over? Certainly not of God. Many times in God's Word He declares that there is no excuse for saying "The LORD says" when He hasn't said at all, eg Jeremiah 14, Ezekiel 13, James 3:1, 2 Peter 2:1-3 to name a few.

There is a big difference between being not the most orthodox and where Benny is on the Nutometer™. If Benny is one of God's instruments he would be the accordion, interesting to look at, but should never be heard [​IMG]

That probably depends on the pastor's definition of successful...For this Sunday school teacher success isn't the numbers in seats but teaching God's Truth.

Amen. If He can use me there may even be hope (3-4 hours past bed-time but I still managed to stop myself from typing "a ray of hope" ;) ) for Benny yet :D

13. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

If someone is claiming to do miracles, yet does not teach that you have to keep the 10 commandments then they are a false prophet, a false worker of miracles.

Satan has power to work miracles and can give his agents this same power. We will see more and more of this as we approach the second coming of Christ.

Isa:8:20: To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Rv:13:14: And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Rv:16:14: For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Rv:19:20: And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Mt:7:15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

13: Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
    17: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
    18: A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
    19: Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
    20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Matthew 24:24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

How can we tell if someone is a false prophet or working false miracles?

Isa:8:20: To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Matthew 7:
    21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23: And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work INIQUITY.

Iniquity means SIN which is transgression of the Law. Only they who DOETH THE WILL OF MY FATHER and they who do not work iniquity (sin) will enter the kingdom of heaven but MANY will claim to cast out devils and "do many wonderful works"... miracles...

15. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's not relevant tp the Hinn discussion. Hinn doesn't work miracles. He claims to do healings. None of those supposed healings have evern been verified, and several have been discovered to be fraudulent.

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity" Matthew 7:22,23. Iniquity means Lawlessness or sin. Let's put it simple... if you do not depart from sin, then one day Jesus will say to you "Depart from ME, I don't even know you!" John puts it another way, "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him" 1Jn:2:4. So, if you do not depart from sin and you refuse to keep God's Law, then you do not know Jesus. You don't know Jesus and Jesus will say "I don't know you".

In short, a true prophet will plainly tell you that you must keep God's commandments, His LAW, and depart from sin... but a false prophet will try to convince the people that they do not have to keep the commandments, because it is Satan's object to draw you away from the path of safety and from the true God... the Devil wants to bring you back into the bondage of the law of sin and death. Ezek:18:4: "..the soul that sinneth, it shall die."

Deuteronomy 13:1-8
    1: If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
    2: And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
    3: Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the LORD your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
    4: Ye shall walk after the LORD your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
    5: And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.
    8: Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him

Isaiah 30:1,2,8-11 1: Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin: That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt! Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits: Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.

False prophets have ALWAYS been popular! People loved to hear the false message that "it doesn't matter what you do .. .you can be saved in your sins" way back during old testament times and they still love that same message today. SMOOTH WORDS are what many Christians want to hear. "We dont want to hear about the law of God" they say. 2 Timothy 4:3,4: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth.

Ephesians 5:3-6 "But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience."

Well so much for the false message heard so frequently from the lips of the false prophets and teachers who claim that "works have nothing to do with our salvation".

Lk:6:26: "Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets."
    People love to be coddled in their sins. People love to hear that "everything will be allright, dont worry about it". People love to hear the messages of false prophets who will lull them into a sense of false security. But we are admonished to test these prophets! Does what they teach square up with the Word of God?

Claudia

17. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

...you can use the same biblical tests for so-called miracle workers as you do for prophets.

18. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

READ:

Romans 8:
    5: For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
    6: For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
    7: Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
    8: So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    9: But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

*Please note that "the carnal man" (one who still walks in the flesh, in sin, in lawlessness) CANNOT BE SUBJECT TO THE LAW OF GOD! The man who now walks in the Spirit, however, IS subject to the Law of God. So many false teachers twist these passages around and try to make them seem to say that now we are free to break the Law of God. FALSE PROPHETS! FALSE MIRACLE WORKERS!

If a person is claiming to work miracles for God, and yet they say that "all we have to do is believe" or in ANY WAY downgrade God's Law, we can IMMEDIATELY know they are from Satan and not from God.

Claudia

19. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

JohnV

that makes no sense at all, where do you supposed he is claiming to get his "power" to do these healings?

OF COURSE he is claiming to do miracles, thats what a healing IS!

20. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Acts:4:22: For the man was above forty years old, on whom this MIRACLE OF HEALING was shewed.