1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn Discussions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bible-boy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

...I dont know about you guys sometimes.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Doesn't matter. He has none.

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I saw Rev. Benny Hinn last night on television who was with a missionary from the jungles of South America. Both men were inviting men and women to accept Christ as their personal Savior.

I know no one will have a problem with them doing this.

4. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Doesn't matter. He has none. </font>[/QUOTE]The world must have stopped turning on its axis...John and I agree. [​IMG]

5. standingfirminChrist

Hmmmm....

let me get my stethoscope.

6. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

check his temperature stat...Dr standing firm. :eek:

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Which Jesus do you not have a problem with?

8. standingfirminChrist

Ouch, DHK...

True, but OUCH!!

Benny Henn teaches a 9 headed God and that we all are gods ourselves, so I am quite sure the Jesus he is promoting is not the Jesus who was born to the virgin Mary, died on Mount Calvary, rose from the dead, and is sitting at the right hand of God Almighty waiting for the signal from His Father to bring the Bride home.

9. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

standingfirminChrist,

Each time you guys speak of Rev. Hinn you add one head--so let me make it a 10 headed God just to please you Baptist types.

10. standingfirminChrist

Ray, the phrase 9 headed God came out of Benny Hinns mouth, not mine. And he also made the statement that we are all little gods. So don't say it is the Baptist who are wrong.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

CHRISTIAN SENTINEL

DHK

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Benny Hinn is a false prophet that preaches a false gospel, and a false Christ. The above proves it. He has been approached by many to the extent that Hinn has had his own attorney represent him (as if he cannot answer for himself when it comes to his own prophecies and theology. If he is a true man of God or prophet God why does he need an attorney present to answer some straight forward questions about what he believes (all of which have been documented)? :rolleyes:
    DHK

13. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

14. standingfirminChrist

[Other examples of Hinn's false healing powers: An elderly Hinn follower was turned away from one entrance to ARGO Stadium in Sacramento, CA because she had not given enough money to enter there. Later, on the stage she was "slain in the Spirit," and while she was lying on the floor a huge man, likewise "slain," landed on top of her, breaking her leg. In 1993 in Basel, Switzerland, Hinn prophesied over a man with cancer that he had many years to live. He died two days later. In Nairobi, Kenya early in May 2000, four patients released from a hospital to attend Hinn's "Miracle Crusade" died while waiting for prayer. (Source: 9/00, TBC.)]

Exerpts from:
    http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/exposes/hinn/general.htm

15. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

'. . . we are all little gods.'

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why do you continue to defend heretic and a false prophet? I would have thought that you would have had more discerment than that. Hinn believes in a nine-person Godhead, the divinity of man, and the humanity of Jesus divested of his divinity. What damnable heresy is this!?
    DHK

17. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Ray...

You really don't believe what you just wrote do you? When we preach the Word of God we are not free to use examples or draw allusions that are diametrically opposed to what the Bible actually says. Cults do that sort of thing.

When Paul taught about our sonship with Christ he never came any where close to implying that we are "little gods." He spoke clearly and referred to our adoption as sons, children of God, heirs of God, and fellow heirs with Christ (Rom. 8:12-18). He never comes close to even hinting that we are "little gods." Such a teaching (that we are little gods) is a heresy taught by the Mormons.

Yes, the Bible tells us that all these people fell down. However, in the "Being Slain in the Spirit?" thread we have closely examined these texts over and over and each time shown that you have to resort to eisegesis of the text in order to force it to support being slain in the Spirit (as you describe it).

Again, you agreed that eisegesis was an unacceptable hermeneutical method and that it leads to improper exposition and flawed biblical interpretation. However, when the tried and true hermeneutical method of exegesis results in a conflict with your predetermined belief system you chuck it (exegesis) out the window and embrace eisegesis so that you can maintain your presupposition regarding this issue.

Your stated belief in the principles of hermeneutics and the practical working out of your Theological position on this issue do not agree. You have given intellectual assent to the principles of sound hermeneutics and solid exegesis. However, when they result in a conflict with your presupposition on this issue you embrace eisegesis. This is a violation of the Law of Non-contradiction (to which you also previously agreed), and as such makes your entire line of argumentation here invalid.

18. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Bibleboy,

The only thing you have done is to suggest that you have done the proper exegesis and everyone else is doing the eisegesis, or interpreting Scripture wrong.

This shows how narrow and preverted your view is in straining to say that Christians do not experience the Spirit of God in the same way as in Biblical times. Your view is another Gospel not Pentecostal people.

Your rigid view is more Pharisaical than Christian, and I mean all who think as you apparently do. Correct me if I am wrong about your narrow perspective on the deeper life in the Holy Spirit.

You try to escape the spiritual understanding by saying that Saul was unsaved at the time and that John was given a Divine revelation, thus, (you foolishly thin) that this means that every Christian who experiences the Holy Spirit in a fuller way must also reveal a new revelation. Foolishness!

Did Saul and John both have to have on the same color robe when they were dropped by the overpowering Presence of God Almight? Is this your narrow view of exegesis.

People have reported to you from various denominations of this experience with the Holy Spirit which proves that He overrides these man made boundaries, when Christ wants us to be one in Him. [John 17:11]. '. . . that Christians may be one, as We are.'

Because of your faulty interpretation you cause Christians to have division over truth that is so apparent.

19. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

No Ray,

I showed that you claim that eisegesis is an unexceptable method of biblical interpretation, and then that in order to maintain your presupposition on this issue you depart from exegesis and embrace eisegesis. It is your hermeneutical method that is inconsistant not mine.

My point rgearding those texts is that if you are going to use them as proof texts to justify your experience, then your experience and the text had better line up. Yours examples do not. I do not say that people must receive progressive revelation in order to experience this "deeper life" to which you refer. What I said is that there is no more divine progressive revelation occurring. The canon is closed. Therefore, it does not happen anymore. This is only one facet of the texts that greatly differs from the experiences you are attempting to justify. In fact the only thing that your experiences and these text have in common is the fact that someone fell over. Surely you do not want to tell me that this single commonality is all that is necessary in order to build a doctrinal position.

You agreed that the Bible is the final authority and only objective arbiter of truth. However, you want to use people's subjective experience to prove your point. This is another inconsistancy in your thinking and in your Theology. When you can not demonstrate your position from the Scriptures without resorting to eisegesis you want to jump to the subjective personal experience argument. I do not accept anyone's personal experience as evidence of biblical truth unless their story lines up with the Scriptures. The examples you have provided do not line up with the Scriptures. Sorry.

However, none of this has anything to do with the topic of this thread. Please don't respond to this post in this thread. If you wish to take the slain in the Spirit debate back up please do so in that thread.

[ March 08, 2006, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

20. Pete

Pete New Member

hmmm....seems like you missed my post with the direct quote from Benny on the topic on first page, and have not gone back to look at it when I've refered to it again, so here it is with Benny's "revelation knowledge' in bold.

Hinn claimed this statement as "revelation knowledge", but when later questioned on it it turned out to be just regurgitation wreckage (why haven't I thought of that phrase before :D ) from the writings of Finis Dake. When the heat came on Benny quickly added a line or two that boiled down to "just joking" to explain the comments. A few weeks later though he seemed to almost suggest a "just joking" about the "just joking".</font>[/QUOTE]