1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn Discussions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Bible-boy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Presuming that's correct, no one object to that. What is objected to is his "healing on demand" claims, not to mention his numerus errors. If he were just someone with a different or unique interpretation of scripture I wouldn't have a problem with that. But Hinn's teachings and actions are by all accounts bizarre and contradictory.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is not true. He doesn't know the message salvation by grace. He doesn't know Christ. He is need of a Saviour Himself. The man is a heretic. To him Christ is not deity, and Satan atoned for our sins. How can his god save? What kind of salvation is that??
    By their fruit ye shall know them, is what the Bible says. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing. The only spirit he knows is the spirit of darkness. There is no Holy Spirit blessing that comes from him.
    There is documented evidence by CBC and others (teams of reporters, doctors and others) who have followed Hinn around on his crusades documenting what he has said and done. They have gone back interviewing those who have been "healed." Their conclusion: Not one person who Hinn claimed to be healed was ever healed--not one. Benny Hinn has never healed anyone. He is a complete fraud. So you can believe what you want, but if you believe that Hinn heals, you have been deceived and are believing a lie.
    DHK

3. nate

nate New Member

I agree with this conclusion very much. Martin Luther in his 95 Thesis asked the Pope the same question. If the Pope can get people out of purgatory why doesn't he do it out of love instead of monetary reasons.

4. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

The Book judges him Ray, not me. The Book says false prophet....repeatedly

5. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

DHK,

So what about the people who claim they were healed before they even walk to the steps and up to the stage where the reverend stands? Are they frauds too.

The only way to find out is if you had cancer, for example, and now no longer have said disease.

Every time people fall it is not a healing, but a Divine blessing coming from God through a man of God.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

And in all of Hinn's crusades, not a single verifiable case of healing, yet there are many docmented cases of fraud.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Of course they are frauds. They didn't need to be healed if they walked up there whole and not sick.

Benny Hinn, et. al. can claim they had cancer and were healed of cancer all he wants. But there is no one to prove it. And when doctors are there, they find that he is a fraud every time. You are being sucked in.

Will you say the same if I fall off a bridge?
    What is so divine about falling. If a person falls they either need medical attention, or they are just plain clumsy.
    DHK

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

How is it some christians can not see false teachings and easily fall for it? Or maybe, why don't they want to see it? Hinn's type appeals to the flesh, and to little faith christians. People who need to see something to believe. Scripture is 100%, Hinn is way off base. His defense so far has not used scripture to defend his teachings, because you just can't find it in scripture to post it.
    Who or what is important, God and the truth of His scripture, or Benny Hinn and his lies? The likes of Hinn draw the line in the sand, you have to go one way or the other, God/Hinn. too many christians are will to compromise scripture for someone like Hinn. And Hinn just plain doesn't care about scripture obviously, since he will not straighten up and teach truth.
    And I once saw him on tv admitting that people were paid to get healed at his services.

9. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

DHK,

You said, 'Will you say the same if I fall off a bridge?

What is so divine about falling. If a person falls they either need medical attention, or they are just plain clumsy.'

10. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

'And I once saw him on tv admitting that people were paid to get healed at his services.'

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "a study was conducted following a Benny Hinn crusade in Portland, Oregon, where seventy-six miracles were alleged. For an HBO television special, A Question of Miracles (Thomas 2001), Benny Hinn Ministries was asked to supply the names of as many of these as possible for investigation. After thirteen weeks, just five names were provided. Each case was followed for one year.

The first involved a grandmother who stated she had had "seven broken vertebras" but that the Lord had healed her at the evening service in Portland. In fact, x-rays afterward revealed otherwise, although the woman felt her pain had lessened.

The second case was that of a man who had suffered a logging accident ten years previously. He demonstrated improved mobility at the crusade, but his condition afterward deteriorated and "movement became so painful he could no longer dress himself." Yet he remained convinced he was healed and refused the medication and surgery his doctors insisted was necessary.

The next individual was a lady who, for fifty years, had only "thirty percent of her hearing" as claimed at the Portland crusade. However, her physician stated, "I do not think this was a miracle in any sense." He reported that the woman had had only a "very mild hearing loss" just two years before and that she had made "a normal recovery."

The fourth case was that of a girl who had not been "getting enough oxygen" but who claimed to have been healed at Hinn's service. In fact, since the crusade she "continued to suffer breathlessness," yet her mother was so convinced that a miracle had occurred that she did not continue to have her daughter seek medical care.

Finally, there was what the crusade billed as "a walking dead woman." She had had cancer throughout both lungs, but her doctors were now "overwhelmed" that she was "still alive and still breathing." Actually, her oncologist rejected all such claims, saying the woman had an "unpredictable form of cancer that was stable at the time of the crusade." Tragically, her condition subsequently deteriorated and she died just nine months afterward."

"Hinn notes that only rarely does he lay hands on someone for healing, but he made an exception for one child whose case was being filmed for the HBO documentary. The boy was blind and dying from a brain tumor. "The Lord's going to touch you," Hinn promised. The child's parents believed and, although not wealthy, pledged $100 per month to the Benny Hinn Ministries. Subsequently, however, the child died."

"On the day of mass healing, his usual talk about his communication with the God and God's advice to him were revealed to a large gathering. Then the healing started with sick persons coming on state, touched by Benny Hinn, fainting and his well dressed uniformed staff taking care of the sick. They all walk away fully or partially cured. He went back to US and announced his usual congregation that he cured a lot of patients and chased away lots of ghosts and demons from Trinidad.

About a week later, one by one, those who claimed to have been cured, wrote to the press or were interviewed by the TV and claimed that the so-called healing was very temporary and that they were back to the same position as before."

"In one case, a woman had severe back problems. After being “healed” by Benny Hinn, she got up dancing. She REALLY did have severe back problems. She REALLY did believe she was healed. She REALLY did dance without pain. They followed up with her later. After 2 weeks, the effects of the healings were gone. IN fact she was in worse shape than before the “healing” since her dancing had caused her to crush a vertibrae in her back. She was so “high” on the “annointing” she REALLY could feel no pain, unfortunately, pain is helpful in telling you not to hurt yourself further. When they tried to explain to her that she had merely pysched herself out and was never healed, she refused to believe them saying that it was her subsequent lack of faith that had caused her condition to worsen and the healing to leave her."

"Some time after the healing was about to begin, Hinn told the several hundred crippled people in wheel-chairs, "if you say 'Yes,' He'll [God will] get you up out of that bed." An hour or so later all of the people in wheel-chairs exited the auditorium... still in wheel-chairs."

-----

All that from one search on the words "I was healed by Benny Hinn."

And I couldn't find one article by anyone saying they actually were healed. Found references to people who say they know or saw someone get healed, but no first-hand accounts. Where are they?

Why do the healings that God performs through Benny Hinn come with a price? Why are you encouraged to give money, instead of simply touching his garments and being told, "your faith has made you whole" (Matthew 9) or "go and tell no one" (Matthew 8, Luke 8)?

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Atestring, I just did a thing of faith, with some fear and trepidation. I prayed to God to forgive me for where I've sinned against Him, failed Him, where I've let Him down. I asked God that if Benny is doing things of Him, for Him, to please continue using Benny. But that if those things are not of Him, to strike Benny down. I then asked Him to judge me. I asked God that if I was wrong, to knock me down with a massive headache, and to blind me. And if He wanted to make that blindness permanent, I'd appreciate it if it were only temporary, but I'd accept His judgment if it were permanent, and I'd ask His forgiveness every day from this day forward.

I then opened my eyes, and started typing this response to you. No headache, no blindness. I'm kinda tired, and fixing to go to bed, but otherwise....And if I'm lying to you, then I ask God right now to strike me down this very evening. You'll know the truth if I don't post anything tomorrow.

See through a glass darkly? Based on the number of false prophecies (in fact, I challenge you to find a prophecy that Hinn made before the fact that actually came true), I'd say Benny was looking through a glass darkly with his eyes closed, and no clue where the glass was to begin with.

Here's my challenge to you, atestring: do the same thing I did, only ask God to show you the truth about Benny Hinn. I'd love to hear what God shows you. You can write it here, or you can private message me.

That is, of course, if God doesn't strike me down for lying and I'm able to return here. [​IMG]

13. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Don,

Since when do you have the right to tell a sovereign and Almighty God how to use His limitless power? The Lord is sometimes merciful to people who sit in error and sends other people to bring them out of their deception. The Lord God is not man that we can tell Him how to run His Kingdom.

Secondly, all people who are healed by the Lord eventually die physically.

Do you believe James 5:14-16 or is this a Scripture that your denomination denies also? If any born of the Spirit pastor prays for the sick, some will recover and be healed; for others it is not His will that they will live beyond their sickness.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And yet this is not only Hinn's theology, but Copeland's. Hagin's, Oral Robert's, and many other Charismatics of today, especially those of the WoF movement. The so-called theology is to command God to do your bidding. Treat him as your puppet to do whatever you want. It is you that is at the center of the universe. Speak forth the word. God is but your slave. Yes this is Hinn's theology and many of the other WOF leaders. The power is in your words--thus "Word of Faith."
    Can't you take a little medicine of your own theology--or at least the theology that you continue to defend on this board?
    DHK

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are comparing apples and oranges. I find nothing divine about Benny Hinn. So where does he enter into this equation? I find the Apostle John memtioned in the Bible, but not Benny Hinn.
    Humanistic? Yes, Hinn is very humanistic. He is not spiritual. How can he be? He knows not the Spirit of God. He denies the deity of Christ, thus the Christ that he worships is not the Christ of the Bible. He is a fraud and a heretic.
    DHK

16. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

'And I once saw him on tv admitting that people were paid to get healed at his services.'

</font>[/QUOTE]He was not Jewish. He was born into a Greek orthodox family, but may have been raised Catholic.If I remember correctly, a family friend who may have taken care of him at one time ended up being someone big at the vatican in Rome. His name is Benedictus (Greek name).Let's not insult the Jewish people any further.(where did this he was Jewish story originate from. I have heard it before.)

quote:

Benny Hinn was born Toufik Benedictus Hinn in the coastal city of Jaffa in Israel in 1952. He was one of eight children born to an Armenian mother and a Greek father. The family was Greek Orthodox. In 1968, they emigrated to Canada settling in Toronto and Benny, who by this time was a young teenager, began attending Georges Vanier High school, north of Toronto.

17. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

DHK,

I really like Rev. Copeland a lot. He is straight forward and usually Biblical. He has real depth of understanding of the faith and far beyond the ABC's of the Gospel that some of you gentlemen publish.

I do disagree when any pastor demands anything from God or uses 'financial seed faith ideas' solely for raking in money for his or her church.

The Lord wants us to give to His ministries sacrifically even if we get nothing back from Him.

18. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

DHK,

You said, 'I find the Apostle John memtioned in the Bible, but not Benny Hinn.'

19. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member

Benny Hinn- his teachings vis-à-vis the Word of God

The Deity of Christ, and the perfection of His nature vs. His demotion to a Spirit-filled man capable of sin "Had the Holy Spirit not been with Jesus, He would have sinned" (Good Morning Holy Spirit, first edition, 1990, p135);
    "Jesus knew the only way He would stop Satan is by becoming one in nature with him" (Benny Hinn, TBN, 15th December 1990).
    "Before He died, I should say, on that cross, something happened to Him which began the wheels of the New Creation moving that was this: He died spiritually! …Jesus Christ understood that spiritual death is union with the satanic nature. …What is spiritual death? Separation from God" (New Creation in Christ sermon, late 1988).

Philippians 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
    Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
    Matthew 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
    Mark 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
    Mark 2:6 But there was certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
    Mark 2:7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
    Luke 4:12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
    John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
    John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

The Trinity- 3 or 9? "Each one of them is a triune being by Himself...there's nine of them" (Benny Hinn, TBN, 3rd October 1990).
    "God the Father is a person separate from the Holy Ghost. Totally separate. ...Do you know that the Holy Spirit has a soul and a body separate from that of Jesus and the Father? ...God the Father then is a triune being within Himself. He's a person, He has His own Spirit, He has a soul. …A soul is my intellect. …God thinks. …separate from the Son and separate from the Holy Ghost. …God the Father is a separate individual from the Son and the Holy Ghost, who is a triune being who walks in a spirit body and He has hair…has eyes…has a mouth…has hands" (Orlando Christian Centre, Oct 13th 1990).

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
    1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
    Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

The sinful nature of man vs the supposed deity of man ('ye are gods' heresy) "You say, 'Benny, am I a little God?' You're a son of God, aren't you?...What else are you? Quit your nonsense!...If you say, 'I am,' you're saying you're part of Him, right? Is He God? Are you His offspring? Are you His children? You can't be human! You can't! You can't!" (Our Position in Christ#2, 1990,audiotape,sd2)
    "When you were born again the Word was made flesh in you. And you became flesh of His flesh and bone of His bone. Don't tell me you have Jesus. You are everything He was and everything He is and ever shall be... Don't say, 'I have.' Say, 'I am, I am, I am, I am, I am'" (ibid.)
    "When you say, 'I am a Christian,' you are saying, 'I am mashiach,' in the Hebrew. I am a little messiah walking on earth, in other words. That is a shocking revelation. ...May I say it like this? You are a little god on earth running around" (Praise-a-Thon, TBN, 6th November'90)
    "In my case, I know I have lost complete desire for anything to do with the world. My worldly desires are gone....I no longer have any rebellion in me." (The Anointing, p177-8.)
    "SO, I'M BENNY JEHOVAH!" (Spiritual warfare seminar, May 2 1990).
    "Say after me: 'Within me is a God-Man.' Say it again. 'Within me is a God-Man.' [Congregation repeats.] Now, let's say even better than that. Let's say, 'I AM A GOD-MAN.' …This spirit man within me is a God-Man. …Say 'I'm born-of-heaven-God-Man. I'm a God-Man. I'm a sample of Jesus. I'm a super being'" (Praise the Lord, TBN, Dec 6 1990).
    "God came to earth and touched a piece of dust and turned it into a God. …Are you a child of God? Then you're divine! Are you a child of God? Then you're not human!" (TBN, Dec 1, 1990).
    "When I stand in Christ- I am one with Him; united to Him; one spirit with Him. I am not, hear me, I AM NOT PART OF HIM, I AM HIM! THE WORD HAS BECOME FLESH IN ME!. …When my hand touches someone, it's the hand of Jesus touching somebody" (Our Position in Christ).
    "I [Jesus] loved you enough to become one of ya! And I love you enough to make you one of me!" (TBN, Dec 1 '90).

Psalms 25:11 For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great.
    Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
    Romans 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
    Romans 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
    Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
    Romans 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
    Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
    James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
    1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
    Mark 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Read the rest here:

http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/unmasked_____benny_hinn.html

20. Boanerges

Boanerges New Member