1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benny Hinn / false preachers

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Apr 24, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I just watched a video about Benny Hinn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4t9APdSG30

It was pretty disturbing. Hinn claims that all his miracles are verified.
    The people which made the video went to crusades with hidden cameras and also asked people which have been there and it was really sick.
    The obviously crippled, sick people are not allowed to come forward. Only those which are not visibly sick can come up to the stage and claim to be healed. It was so disturbing. There was a woman which had a small daughter which had muscular dystrophy and her daughter had faith to get healed and she wanted to talk to Benny Hinn but they were not allowed and then her daughter told her to let her down and she wanted to walk but she couldn't because she was not healed. I don't understand this. I mean even if Hinn is a false preacher why didn't God simply heal her when she had faith?
    And what also concerns me is that today there are so many famous christians which are accused of being false prophets and faking healings, also christian evangelists which I know pretty well and which I always thought are okay. And now I ask myself what if they are all fakers? What if none of the miracles are real? What if miracles are not even happening anymore? When you think about this you can become totally paranoid and question everything and become totally sceptical of all christians out there. I have once been to a conference of an evangelist who said the whole time that during the conference the fire of God would fall and then nothing happened and I was totally disappointed. But this evangelist does so much. He goes to Africa and does crusades and risks his life, how can this evangelist be a faker? This wouldn't make any sense at all. If these christians which seem to be sincere cannot be trusted then who can you trust after all? Lying and faking miracles as a christian would be even worse than lying as a non-christian. But I've never seen a miracle I only know the stories and I simply believed them. I have heard so many stories of people in Africa which are healed from HIV and which had lost arms or legs and then suddenly the arms and legs started growing again. I heard these stories and simply believed them because I thought that a christian wouldn't lie but when I see such things I also doubt these miracles which might have been real. This sucks. I think that if you trust a person and then find out that he's a faker and this happens many times then you become so disillusioned that you also won't believe the real ones anymore because you think they're all lying. :confused:

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think you have to start first with what they teach. If there are problems there, then there are problems with them and their ministry. Hinn is an obvious false teacher. A few years ago he got caught paying people to get healed. I remember seeing him on the 700 club admitting it, after one of the news programs showed video of it.
    I think God still does miracles, He still heals, but these people with all the spectacular stuff going on make me suspicious, their ministry builds up themselves and not God. And Jesus healed people that had nothing to do with faith, one man didn't even know who He was when he was healed. I wouldn't give up on God doing miracles, but I would give up on the spectacular theatrics. We don't have to 'see' stuff happening to know God is there and is busy in peoples lives.
    By the way, most of these people like Hinn have not one medically proven healing, and some even died after they stopped taking medications because they were told they were healed.

3. gekko

gekko New Member

that little girl had no faith in God... she had faith in benny hinn.

4. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Read "Christianity in Crisis" by Hank Hannegraff.

Everything is documented. Hinn is a false teacher, false prophet, an anti-christ.

No way around it.

I watched one time as he read from Job "The lord gives and the lord takes away" then blatantly said "That is NOT scripture, the Lord gives and the Lord NEVER takes away, God wants you to be healthy and rich"

I almost threw up. Whats more, it gets worse.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Fifth Estate by the CBC did a good job. What you saw was just a trailer of the entire documentary which revealed Benny Hinn for the fradulent person that he really is.
    He is a fraud in the false claims that he makes doctrinally--both a false teacher and a false prophet.
    He is a fraud in that he is a fake as far as being a faith healer. It has never been proven that he can heal anyone.
    He is a fraud with finances. The money he receives and promises to do with it (go to the Lord's work), only goes to himself go make himself to make himself rich.)
    I have no doubt that this man is not saved. He is a fraud in every way possible.
    DHK

6. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But why do so many christians defend him and use these scare tactics to shut other christians up?
    What do you think about this? Is this heresy? Or does it simply show that Jesus was dependant on God while he was on earth?

Benny Hinn said Jesus would have sinned if it had not been for the Holy Ghost: "Now, Jesus endured the cross and looked towards the cross by the power of the Holy Ghost...He was kept sinless by the Spirit. Because the Bible says He offered Himself spotless through the Spirit. Watch this, it's right here. "How much more shall the blood of Christ Who, through the eternal Spirit, offered Himself without spot." So had the Holy Ghost not been there, then Jesus would have sinned." (Benny Hinn, Praise The Lord, TBN, April 24, 1998)

And what also would interest me how do you explain all the stuff going on at his crusades? Why are all the people slain? Is it hypnosis or what is it? I mean it looks so weird when he simply says something and not only 1 person falls down but a whole block of people falls down like puppets.
    Somehow this stuff already seems strange to me, it looks like entertainment. Do you think Jesus would have done such stuff? :confused:

7. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

This is what one needs to ask.

Why do "Praise The Lord" and other groups have him on TV? Can they not stand up to this guy, and put him in his place? HEY..People will follow men..it happens. Yet we see CHURCHS saying this guy is of God. You know they see the same lies as we do. You know they see the same rip offs of the poor. What is this saying about these churches?

Does money mean more to TBN then the truth?

As for me...I don't watch TBN. To much "showtime" for me and no gospel that I have seen.

In Christ...James

8. Pete

Pete New Member

9. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

Honestly, alot of Christians follow him because they are ignorant.

Ignorance is to blame for most false beliefs. Some, however, are willfully ignorant.

10. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

A song comes to mind...

"Blinded by the Light"

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.
    2 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Benny gives me great pause...

He claims to have Kathryn Kuhlmans "Mantle"...

But, I met Kathryn and the 'spirit' around Benny isn't anything like the sweet gentle spirit I met in Kathryn...

Maybe at one time, many years ago?

Judges 16:20 And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.

I really don't know one way or another...

But, things just don't seem right to me...

And, I'm a Pentecostal who believe in the power gifts...

Mike Sr.

11. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Well, my old Scot-Irish grandmother was fond of saying, "Birds of a feather flock together."

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

Jarthur001, it is because they do not see or know the truth, most of these people who follow the likes of Hinn are not well studied in the word and/or do not know how to properly study the word, and have believed what they were taught, because it is what they have always been taught.

13. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

John Ankerberg has made several invitations to Benny Hinn, and also anyone in the Word Of Faith movement and for them to come onto his TV show and discuss their Biblical Teaching.

For some reason, not one of the WOF teachers want to go onto the Ankerberg show, which is interesting being that most Christians recognise John Ankerberg as a leading teacher on Discernment Ministry.

Why is Benny Hinn, so afraid of accepting an invitation to the Ankerberg show?

http://www.ankerberg.org/

14. SpyHunter

SpyHunter New Member

Several years ago, I went straight to the Man (the Son of Man, that is) about this issue, and the immediate response I received was God likening Benny Hinn to King Saul. Saul was chosen to be king, but he had a will problem; he liked to do things his own way. This path of stubborness and rebellion lead to him being tormented by an unclean spirit and ultimately rejected by God as king (in the end, he fell on his own sword). I suppose this same mentality permeates Hinn's religious paradigm.

But disciple asked why there are so many so-called "miracles" occuring at Hinn's crusades. As one who has former experience in the Occult and who has personally attended a Hinn Crusade, I will say that it is mostly a matter of hysteria. Now, many people use that word, but I probably apply it in a different fashion.
    To elaborate, I'll say that the bottom line of every form of witchcraft, sorcery, wizardry, and any other arcane name you want to use, is how much raw emotion and conviction can one generate and then focus it onto the witch's objective. When I attended the Crusade, the Holy Spirit immediately tipped me off that something was wrong. Most of the people were subjecting themselves to what this man was saying-- it reminded me of a state hypnotist. But I swore an oath to God to yield to none but Him; I did not give Hinn an ounce of credit once the Holy Spirit gave me direct warning. And I STILL felt something odd happen. I was in a section of the crowd that fell over when he breathed the word "fire." Everyone else fell over except me, oddly enough.
    I recognized that sensation immediately; it was concentrated willpower. What had occurred was the 10,000+ people in the coliseum had directed their belief toward Hinn the way that volunteers give themselves over to a hypnotist, and Hinn (I was eerily reminded of Hitler's oratory charisma; not necessarily to compare the two) had released it as the master magician.
    So, long story short, I will say that the Hinn Crusades are an exercise in "Christian-witchcraft," which, being an oxymoron, is basically witchcraft disguised as biblical.

disciple asked to know the difference-- the Holy Spirit can and does heal people, but like someone else posted, He does it in glorication of God, not any man. In prayer, we are to come into agreement-- we submit-- to the Holy Spirit, not command -- He submits -- the Holy Spirit. The difference is that we place ourselves in God's hands instead of trying to force His hand.
    I hope this helps, and be not afraid; your life is hidden in Christ, so you are His sheep, and being His sheep, take rest in Him and you will always know His voice.

Blessings,
    SpyHunter

15. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Christ said to HIS disciples "IN THIS world you have trouble - take courage I have overcome the world".

In 2 Cor 4 Paul calls Satan "the god of this world".

In Matt 4 Satan offers to turn over his control of this world to Christ.

IN Job 1 and 2 Satan's domain appears to be "earth".

IN Rev 12 Satan is "cast down to earth" and the statement is made "WOE WOE WOE to the earth".

When Adam and Eve fell - that ended "Paradise" and in came that old Serpent - the devil. So also came in sickness, death, starvation, predation, disease, suffering, sorrow.

This life is "not" as God would have it.

It is not until after the 1000 years, after the lake of fire, after the new heavens and new earth is craeted - in Rev 21 that we see "every tear wiped away".

In Christ,

Bob

16. SpyHunter

SpyHunter New Member

Good stuff...but what does it have to do with the topic? Just wondering. :)

17. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

No, I don't think he is afraid...

Proud, Arrogant, and too above that sort of thing, maybe? :eek:

I'd bet Kathryn Kuhlman would spend an afternnon with John...

As she was never shy about what she taught or believed...

Mike Sr.

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Hi everybody!

Thanks for your report, spyhunter.

Last night I saw Hinn on God TV and they also presented the case of a man who had back problems and needed pain killers all the time and he said he got healed on a Hinn crusade. They showed him on stage with tears in his eyes and then they also showed him afterwards and he told his story and how amazed the doctors were and then you saw pictures of him in Africa where he went on a crusade and so on.
    I don't know what to think of such things. What if this man really was healed at a Hinn crusade? Why should he lie?

Many people say people only fall down because they fell like they have to or because their are hypnotized but not every person can be hypnotized.
    This doesn't really explain how they fall down. They are not pushed. Often Hinn makes a person fall down repeatedly and they fall down like stone they don't show any sign of being afraid of hurting themselves. If you were only letting yourself fall down you would still be scared of hurting yourself and try to fall down in a controlled way. But this isn't the case with Hinn. The people all fall down like a piece of wood.
    To me it really looks like they fall down because of a supernatural power.
    But when people say that people don't fall under the power of the holy spirit at Hinn's crusades then what other power could it be if it's supernatural? Then only Satan would remain and this is also a pretty tough thing to say because what if they are wrong and it is indeed the holy spirit? Then they blasphemed the holy spirit. :eek:
    This scares me. I think this is the reason why christians are simply scared of saying anything. :confused:

19. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know he is cheating, the only question is how is his cheating technique. How does he organize his teacm without having any betrayal. Somebody inside the team may know all the cheating technique very well and then threat Benny to pay a lot, otherwise he is gonna reveal everything. There can be such person inside the team.
    There are so many cheaters in the name of Jesus.
    My son comments those followers and the people cheated are problematic as well.

This was dealt with the previous thread in around January this year and I wonder why it was removed. some of the excertps are as follows:

"a study was conducted following a Benny Hinn crusade in Portland, Oregon, where seventy-six miracles were alleged. For an HBO television special, A Question of Miracles (Thomas 2001), Benny Hinn Ministries was asked to supply the names of as many of these as possible for investigation. After thirteen weeks, just five names were provided. Each case was followed for one year.The first involved a grandmother who stated she had had "seven broken vertebras" but that the Lord had healed her at the evening service in Portland. In fact, x-rays afterward revealed otherwise, although the woman felt her pain had lessened.The second case was that of a man who had suffered a logging accident ten years previously. He demonstrated improved mobility at the crusade, but his condition afterward deteriorated and "movement became so painful he could no longer dress himself." Yet he remained convinced he was healed and refused the medication and surgery his doctors insisted was necessary.The next individual was a lady who, for fifty years, had only "thirty percent of her hearing" as claimed at the Portland crusade. However, her physician stated, "I do not think this was a miracle in any sense." He reported that the woman had had only a "very mild hearing loss" just two years before and that she had made "a normal recovery."The fourth case was that of a girl who had not been "getting enough oxygen" but who claimed to have been healed at Hinn's service. In fact, since the crusade she "continued to suffer breathlessness," yet

her mother was so convinced that a miracle had occurred that she did not continue to have her daughter seek medical care.Finally, there was what the crusade billed as "a walking dead woman." She had had cancer throughout both lungs, but her doctors were now "overwhelmed" that she was "still alive and still breathing." Actually, her oncologist rejected all such claims, saying the woman had an "unpredictable form of cancer that was stable at the time of the crusade." Tragically, her condition subsequently deteriorated and she died just nine months afterward.""Hinn notes that only rarely does he lay hands on someone for healing, but he made an exception for one child whose case was being filmed for the HBO documentary. The boy was blind and dying from a brain tumor. "The Lord's going to touch you," Hinn promised. The child's parents believed and, although not wealthy, pledged $100 per month to the Benny Hinn Ministries. Subsequently, however, the child died.""On the day of mass healing, his usual talk about his communication with the God and God's advice to him were revealed to a large gathering. Then the healing started with sick persons coming on state, touched by Benny Hinn, fainting and his well dressed uniformed staff taking care of the sick. They all walk away fully or partially cured. He went back to US and announced his usual congregation that he cured a lot of patients and chased away lots of ghosts and demons from Trinidad.About a week later, one by one, those who claimed to have been cured, wrote to the press or were interviewed by the TV and claimed that the so-called healing was very temporary and that they were back to the same position as before.""In one case, a woman had severe back problems. After being “healed” by Benny Hinn, she got up dancing. She REALLY did have severe back problems. She REALLY did believe she was healed. She REALLY did dance without pain. They followed up with her later. After 2 weeks, the effects of the healings were gone. IN fact she was in worse shape than before the “healing” since her dancing had caused her to crush a vertibrae in her back. She was so “high” on the “annointing” she REALLY could feel no pain, unfortunately, pain is helpful in telling you not to hurt yourself further. When they tried to explain to her that she had merely pysched herself out and was never healed, she refused to believe them saying that it was her subsequent lack of faith that had caused her condition to worsen and the healing to leave her.""Some time after the healing was about to begin, Hinn told the several hundred crippled people in wheel-chairs, "if you say 'Yes,' He'll [God will] get you up out of that bed." An hour or so later all of the people in wheel-chairs exited the auditorium... still in wheel-chairs."

All that from one search on the words "I was healed by Benny Hinn."And I couldn't find one article by anyone saying they actually were healed. Found references to people who say they know or saw someone get healed, but no first-hand accounts. Where are they?Why do the healings that God performs through Benny Hinn come with a price? Why are you encouraged to give money, instead of simply touching his garments and being told, "your faith has made you whole" (Matthew 9) or "go and tell no one" (Matthew 8, Luke 8)?

20. SpyHunter

SpyHunter New Member

That is shameful. disciple, I see you didn't take a good look at what I said or disregarded it, so I will try to be more succinct this time around.
    I have witnessed a hypnotist do something amazing (he was trying to prove how a heavyweight boxing match he saw was rigged through hypnosis). The hypnotist had 6 people up on stage, and he was talking to them very casually. For a few moments, he was explaining what he was going to do, slowly building up the casual momentum. He said, "I am going to begin spelling my name, and all of you are going to fall on the ground and be unable to get up. You understand, of course, that it's not really my power, but it will happen. Are you ready? I'm going to make you fall down now. K...E...N...N...E...T...H."

In the time for him to spell his name, all 6 people had fallen over as if they had fainted. The hypnotist said, "Okay, well, my time's up now, so I'm going to get out of here. You guys just lay there."
    They were twitching in an effort to get up; one or two just decided to remain still. They had to be helped to their feet and then they were fine. I ask your question, disciple, "What reason would they have to lie?"

Now, I did feel a metaphysical thing at the crusade I went to. Hinn had an Army man on the stage with a heart condition. Hinn prayed for him twice and the man fell over. He had his staff pick him up a third time, saying the heart condition hadn't "left" yet. In full JEDI bravado, Hinn held his finger above his head and slowly brought it down like a gun. The man flew backward about 4 feet, and I felt a "pulse" all the way up into the nosebleed section. Again, this was NOT the Holy Spirit's power; it was Hinn releasing the pent-up emotional power that the audience allocated to him, i.e., witchcraft. As that video said, do you think it's any coincidence that Hinn always walks out to the hymn, "How Great Thou Art"?
    Pray about it and see if the Lord tells you any different.

Blessings,
    SpyHunter