1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bernanke Urges Congress to Start Work Now on Curbing Budget Deficits

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I can't stop because I never started. Ken, the facts are what they are. Denying them won't change them. You history shows that you were unwilling to vote for anyone else to stop the budget deficit. So you are not willing to do anything. Even now, you aren't willing to stop supporting Obama and encourage him to stop spending. So you aren't willing to do anything. These are simple facts, and once again you are on the wrong side.

Besides, don't you remember, you promised to stop talking about politics. Were you lying about yourself?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You posted a falsehood. I voted for Ron Paul in the Republican presidential primary. Did you?

3. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Where?

I don't recall, to be honest, but I think so. But perhaps you didn't know, but primaries don't elect anyone. You voted for Obama, with his promises that he would spend more money. So you aren't willing to do anything.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wrong, PL. Not that I expect you to admit it.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

What does "budget deficit" mean?

Does budget deficit refer carrying debt or to increasing debt? Is not a budget in balance in the same way that company books are in balance?

A person who carries a credit card balance and criticizes the government, is this not the pot calling the kettle "black?" Does a person who has a mortgage on his house have a budget deficit?

I know very few people who are "free and clear." All the rest have a budget deficit?

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not even close to the same thing. And it is not simply about a deficit but the extent of it. First it is unconstitutional and second printing money with nothing to back it up as well as being indebted to China is just plain stupid. But then you already know this.

7. billwald

billwald New Member

Carrying a national debt is not necessarially stupid and there is no constitutional problem with it.

For example, if we did not incur national debt during WW2 we would be speaking German or Japanese.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is unconstitutional to collect taxes to redistribute them on the Federal level in the way we are currently doing. Nothing in the constitution gives specific authorization for this.

9. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

You have the opportunity to prove it. You know good and well that when I am wrong, I admit it. You failure to show where I am wrong can only be chalked up to the fact that you are wrong. If I was wrong, and you could prove it, you surely would.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I done done it.

11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Sorry I missed that post. Would you point it out again?