1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Best Governor in the Country

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Aubre

Aubre New Member

I concur about Alabama's Bob Riley, he used to be our Congressman here in the 3rd district and he did a fine job with that. As a governor, I really was sold on his abilities during the Katrina response. He did an outstanding job for the people of this state, and helped MS and LA as well.

We haven't had the best governors in the past, and in the spirit of rebuilding faith in the office his activities are all documented on the Governor's web site - including contingency fund and flight logs.

He's very popular now and money spent trying to defeat him is a waste.

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

You want to talk about a witch hunt--that was one. The powers that be wanted Mecham out and they did not stop until he was gone. You are right since that time it has been bad. I say that even though I did not always agree with Mecham, and believe if he would have kept his mouth shut on some issues he would have made it through the impeachment. It is a wonderful world:eek:

Bro Tony

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I don't remember a lot about Mecham, other than meeting him a few times and washing his car once :)

I was 8 at the time of the 88 election so...
    ANyway, he was mormon as well so that meant he would be flawed to some degree.

Mormons are often surprisingly good with politics but their religion scares me!

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Pataki is not bad. I'm not aware of any major corruption concerning him - and he has gotten the state budget passed on time two years running - as opposed to the twenty or so previous years.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Poncho

==Point one..this is a public forum. Point two..you are using a double standard. If someone posts "facts" from a proBush site you are going to rightfully question those "facts". The same is true on the other side. You can't quote an anti-Bush site/author in order to disprove a pro-Bush site/author. It is just going in circles. Point three..I don't know what Bush's record is in Florida, nor do I care. I don't live in Florida. My point is simply about using one "source" to refute another "source".

6. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Actually, Dubya did a pretty good job as governor. Incredible as it sounds, he was careful to maintain a good nonpartisan atmosphere in government, and he generally did well.

A couiple of embarassments, but much better than the average Texas governor. Waaay better than the froot loop we have now.

I don't know what happened to him when he got elected. Seems to have completely lost his mind.

7. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

And being a former Florida resident back during the DEBACLE of 2000, I would have to strongly disagree with you. He did not show any leadership during that whole ordeal. That is coming from someone who not only voted for him, but for his brother as President in 2000.

Fred Barnes wrote this for two reasons:
    1. fellow neocon
    2. Jeb's gonna run for President (probably not in 2008 but not long thereafter)

Mark Warner was a much better governor, and was a very popular Democrat governor in a VERY Republican Commonwealth. He was a better manager, and a better leader.

Regards,
    BiR

8. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

I agree BIR. :thumbs: By the way as a current Florida resident, Jeb Bush has done NOTHING to improve the public school system. We remain one of the worst performing school systems in the nation, the FCAT is a JOKE, and the system is set up to send the least a mount of money to the schools that need it most, while other schools are given money to improve their landscaping. Hmmm...new flowers and a manicured lawn v. BOOKS, SUPPLIES, and TEACHERS. Anyone else see a problem with this equation? :rolleyes: What about DCFS? Bush claimed he would clean up the mess. Can anyone tell me what he did, because I certainly have not seen any major improvements? Jeb Bush as best governor, WHAT A JOKE.