1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Best person in 2008

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Nov 20, 2007.

1. s8147817430

s8147817430 New Member

In my book, Arnold Schwarzenegger, although some of his views on moral issues are different from mine.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Arnold's true colors come out more and more as time goes by. He's no friend of Christian conservatism, nor is he fiscally or socially conservative. RINO. He's easily manipulated by the sodomites and liberal entities that run California.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

Charlie Rangel, but, like Pat Moynahan was, he is to smart to run.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I first thought it would get confused with the salt and sugar but it might work if you mix your coke with liquid???

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Democratic Party: Russ Feingold
    Republican Party: Arlen Spector

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I believe you are confuting, confusing, and conflating my 'coke' with my "Coke®" , here. :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

7. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

How about the minutia that he, unlike, say, his wife, Maria Shriver, is Constitutionally inelligible to hold the office of President? Is that important enough that it count?

Ed

8. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

<out on a limb>

If the guy is allowed to be governor then he should qualify for the White House as well. Change the constitution.

</limb>

ETA: By no means am I a fan of Mr. Pump-up-govt-spending in California.

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Well, you know how to accomplish that change in the Constitution.

Get elected to Congress (either in the Senate or the House); get a proposed Amendment(s) passed by Congress (only takes a 2/3 majority in the two houses for this) and submitted to the legislatures of the several states; and get 3/4 of the states legislatures (currently 38) to ratify said Amendment(s).

Or, in the alternative, simply convince 2/3 of the Legislatures of the several states (currently 34) to apply to the Congress to call for a Convention for proposing Amendment(s), and, when said Amendment(s) is/are proposed, convince the legislatures of the same 38 states to ratify the ensuing proposed Amendment(s).

Pretty simple procedure, really.

And that's all there is to it.

I would, however, add 3 personal suggestions to this.

1.) Don't try and deprive any state by the taking away the of Senators from any state, unless they have consented to this, in advance, for that balloon will never fly, at all.

2.) And don't have a seven-year time limit included in the language of the proposed Amendment, as has been the style (and death-knell) of some recent proposed Amendments, and would have, if included, prevented the adoption of some extant Amendments.

3.) Oh yeah! One more thing, IMO. Don't give up your 'day job' while attempting this, until and unless that 'day job' just happens to be that of 'legislator'. :)

SO - Happy 'Amending'! :thumbsup:

[Edited to add] "Pull-oop!"

"Pulll-oop!"

"Pull -oo-oo- brr- redddn'!"

"Vr-r-r-o-oo-oom! Rev-v-v-v-v! -vroo-Vroom-vroom! Putt! Putt!"

"Huh?"

"What did you say?? You need ta' speak up a little!"

It's kinda' hard to hear over my Homelite[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]®[/FONT] !"

Ed

#29 EdSutton, Nov 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007
  10. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

You'll note: "<out on a limb>" & "</limb>." Also note the word "should."

ETA: :)