1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Best Small Group Bible Study?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by countrybaptist, Apr 21, 2004.

1. countrybaptist

countrybaptist New Member

Our church is w/o a pastor, so I lead our Wed. night Bible Study. Any Small Group Bible Studies you recommend for about 8-12 people?

2. superdave

superdave New Member

We just did a study from Regular Baptist Press called "Who is God?" it is very good, and has much discussion opportunities.

The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren is good as well. The book has discussion questions in it, but there is a teacher's guide and more group oriented materials as well.

If you are looking for something similar but more intense as a study, check out "Changed into His Image" by Jim Berg. He also has written "Created For His Glory" as well. There are workbooks and a video series of Jim Berg teaching the lessons also, if you don't want to do the "lecture" portion of the lesson. Jim is the dean of students at Bob Jones. First Book is really about progressive sanctification, and discipleship, and is very good. I have not read the second, but it has been recommended to me.

Our pastor is doing a book study of Proverbs on Wednesday night. We have quite a bit more than 12, but he tries to get good discussion going among the group. We have addressed many different aspect of Proverbs and talked about the genre of the book, how to apply and interpret proverbs in their historical context, etc.

[ April 21, 2004, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: superdave ]

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

MasterLife is a good bible study for what you're talking about. It's available from LifeWay.

4. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Ditto on Masterlife
    Good clear and practical; but requires discipline and prayer for one another in the group.
    Received a great blessing from all four books.
    An old dog who learned new insight. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Servent

Servent Member

I also did Masterlife, it's very good.