1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Beth Moore

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Joseph_Botwinick, Sep 25, 2005.

1. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

Hey DonnaF, my fellow Virginian! Nice to hear from you. I hope you are getting as much out of the study as I did. I was truly disappointed to have to stop right in the middle of the study, but I just couldn't devote the time or the energy to it while I was caring for my mom, then dealing with the funeral and the grief afterwards, but thinking on it now, that might have been the best time to study it. It will be interesting to see how my responses have changed from 2 years ago in response to some of those questions since I've dealt with a lot of stuff in the past two years with my stepchildren. And since I'm currently going through a deep depression in my life due to these issues, maybe this will be the best time for me to do this study.

2. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

Joseph Botwinick,

Thank you for starting this post and reminding me of Beth Moore's bible studies... I've been going through a depression lately and having a lot of problems in all areas of my life as a result of family issues. I am going to locate my Breaking Free Bible Study and try to complete the entire study this time and see if that helps. When I started the study last time, I only got part way through it before I was interrupted by my mom's illness. The short time I was able to do the study I noticed a remarkable working in my spirit at the time. So maybe this post was God's way of reminding me to go back and do the study again since I've been so depressed all I have been able to do in prayer is to just groan in my spirit because I haven't had the words to pray.

3. guitarpreacher

guitarpreacher New Member

Not trying to hijack the thread away from Beth Moore, but buy hubby the book, "Wild At Heart" by John Eldridge. It's a life changer!

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Since you brought up Eldredge, doesn't he have a problem with the way he views God, like saying God is "wild" and takes risks?
    This is from a critique of Wild At Heart :
    Another evaluation:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/1179716/posts

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I would attend a Beth Moore bible study in a heartbeat, if it were not for backlash I'd receive from the abundance of men who think that there's nothing they could ever learn from a woman. :rolleyes:

6. Convicted by the Spirit

I have not attended a Beth Moore class nor have I gone through one of her studies, but I will share from the women I know of that have studied her. She is deep ... she takes the Christian with no scriptural back bone and turns her into a champion for God. Her studies are not just a simple workbook to go through, but a complete bible study with repentance, change and a biblical world view attached. I have heard her preach on more than one occassuion and what I heard was on target. The men that will not listen to a women teacher of her caliber need to stop holding on to that one scripture and drop their pride(unloving attitudes.)

I myself would attend a bible study of hers in a heartbeat as well, but first I think I would need to to be finished with my schooling.

7. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

Convicted - you took the words right out of my mouth.

And Guitar Preacher - if there's another author of the male persuasion who's written something comparable to Beth's Breaking Free, then men could benefit if it's from a reputable and doctrinally sound author.

8. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, since you've asked, Joseph..

...the ladies at my church have done three or four of her studies.

I only got to finished a half of one.

Children's choir was rescheduled during ladies' bible study and I don't get to participate with the other ladies and I miss is terribly.

But to answer your original question...Beth Moore is an excellent teacher and a gifted teacher.

She is not exalted in her studies, but God is. And a really good teacher has the capacity to do that....raise the spiritual level of her students without the students exalting the teacher.

She's awfully good, brother.

Peace-
    Scarlett O.
    <><

9. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I never hesitate to buy her materials for our church media center and we cannot keep them on the shelf. I've already mentioned that she's VERY good.

10. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Here is the online study of Believing God:

http://www.lifeway.com/believinggod/

11. intojesus

intojesus New Member

I have seen Beth Moore in person and done her studies. She is a women that loves Gods Word and teaches it to women by the book. This women's first love is Jesus Christ. She is solid as a rock.

intojesus

12. NomadsWife

NomadsWife New Member

One thing about Beth is that she shows how God has dealed with her and calls her on the carpet for her own sins. She tells how some of the lessons God has taught her were not the easiest lessons to learn because they showed her things about herself that she didn't like. She is invested in her studies because each of her studies are lessons she has had to learn for the most part. I think that is why she is such a good teacher because she is sharing her experiences with others. At least that is my understanding. And we all know when God is teaching us, sometimes it isn't pleasant.