1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Beto O'Rourke says he 'absolutely' supports destroying existing walls on southern border

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by kyredneck, Feb 15, 2019.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew it would happen:

Beto O'Rourke says he 'absolutely' supports destroying existing walls on southern border

"Former Texas Democratic Rep. Beto O'Rourke said Thursday that he would "absolutely" support tearing down existing barriers along the southern border with Mexico, in a full-throated embrace of open-borders rhetoric that has left conservatives wondering where other potential 2020 Democratic White House hopefuls stand on the issue...."

"...MSNBC host Chris Hayes posed a version of that question to O'Rourke on-air: "Would you, if you could, would you take the wall down here -- knock it down?"

"Yes, absolutely," answered O'Rourke, who is widely thought to be a potential candidate in 2020 but has not formally announced his intention to run. "I'd take the wall down."

Asked whether El Paso residents would support that move in a referendum, O'Rourke replied, "I do."..."

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think wannabe hispanic O'Rourke is into outrageous statements to get media attention and appeal to his base, illegal aliens.

3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The left has gone completely bonkers on this illegal immigrant issue. They no longer believe in the Constitution and America as a sovereign nation.

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even in my town-- a county in which Slick Willie came in 3rd in '92 after Bush and Perot-- quite a few people have left their Beto O'Roarke signs up in their yards after his loss to Cruz in November. He may be the character created by the democrat convention to push for the nomination. I doubt if they really thing he can deliver Texas, but they're hoping he can turn Florida and Ohio back to blue.

5. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But they never really did. They've been ignoring the Constitution by legislating from the bench for decades.

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    O'Rourke's arguments support the case for building the wall the full length, but only if you are thinking rationally instead of emotionally, which seems all too rare these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    The article doesn't accurately represent the earlier attitudes of Democrats. They have not changed their actual goals, only their stated opinions. These Democrats are Progressives, meaning given the chance they plan to do far worse to the country than they currently admit. The slippery slope is real regardless of what they may claim.

• Agree Agree x 1