1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Better way to address scandal, says professor

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by mandym, Nov 11, 2011.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

[​IMG]
    http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1475880

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know if Cain is guilty of the allegations or not, but something about the publicly-known accusers' stories doesnt quite sit right with me.

Regarding the software, I am even more skeptical of it. Back when Clinton was making his denials about a certain intern, we had experts with similar software assure us he was telling the truth.

Software is no better than a polygraph. If a person lies continuously, there will be no difference in stress levels because they are doing what comes naturally. And I have had the frequent unhappy experience of having to deal with people who are so emotionally/morally/spiritually corrupted that they convince themselves they are telling the truth ("the truth" = whatever will be to their advance in the moment) and they believe their own lies.

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Well, it's not all for naught. People are paying more attention to this non issue than the real ones.

Political theater. It's like the magician who keeps your attention focused on one hand while the other hand is working the "magic".

There are way more important issues at hand here than whether or not Cain did it.

Endless global wars, economic collapse, rampant corruption in politics, the loss of our republican form of government, etc., etc. are just a few.

#3 poncho, Nov 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011