1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Between Churches

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Ben W, Jun 13, 2004.

?
  1. Yes.

92.6%
  2. No.

7.4%
  3. Unsure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just wondering how many of us are between churches at the moment. Is the church that you are attending currently your church home or are you looking elsewhere. Do you feel at home in your church, or do you feel that you do not fit in?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Looks like most folks are satisfied with the church they are attending at present. Which is a GOOD thing... [​IMG]

3. Pete

Pete New Member

1: No

2: Yes (must be the wide doors ;) )

3: Yes. Kids Sunday school, bit of guitar here and there, anything else that comes up (whenever possible)

4: Yes...A few too many times. Before I ended up at current Church I spent about a year off sulking saying I wouldn't go to a Church full time again... [​IMG] Was wrong again [​IMG]

5: No - only because I'm usually so flat out with the kids that I don't get much of a chance to say g'day to anyone else.

4. delly

delly New Member

About two years ago I found the church I have been looking for many years. Because I was divorced people didn't seem to accept me for a long time. I just wasn't comfortable in many churches, but a couple years ago, I rented a house from a person who was going to the big church I past every day on my way to work. He invited me and I felt at home immediately. Everyone is absolutely awesome in making new people feel right at home.
    I sing in the choir and sing special music. I guess I shocked everyone when I sang solo the first time because I am rather timid an mousey. They didn't expect this terribly quiet person to have such a big sultry voice. LOL
    Before I started at my present church, I had not went to church for several years and was terribly back-sliden. Many Baptists look down on people who are divorced, no matter the reasons.
    I am always friendly with visitors and try to make them feel welcome. I remember my own situation and how hard it was to fit in.