1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Between Two Fires

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by HeDied4U, Sep 13, 2003.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Now Simon Peter was standing and warming himself. So they said to him, 'You are not also one of His disciples, are you?' He denied it, and said, 'I am not.'" John 18:25 nasb

Earlier Peter defends Jesus by cutting off the high priest's ear; now he's denying Him. Ever had that happen? Under pressure your backbone turns to jelly and you falter. Now what do you do? (a) Dismiss it and say, "Everybody slips, it's no big deal." (b) Deny it and say, "Fall? Are you kidding? Not me!" (c) Distort it and say, "Don't blame me; it's society's fault!" But there's another option - deal with it honestly!

When Frederick the Great visited Potsdam Prison, every prisoner claimed to be innocent. Only one said, "I'm guilty; I deserve my punishment." When the emperor heard this he told the warden, "Quickly, release him before he corrupts all these other innocent men!" Listen: "Nothing... can hide from... the God to whom we must explain all that we have done" (Hebrews 4:13 NLT). Confession isn't just telling God what you've done; He already knows that. It's agreeing that it's wrong and asking forgiveness. God can't heal what you won't reveal, or cleanse what you won't confess.

That day Peter stood before two fires: first, the fire of denial; second, the fire of discovery. The first fire was made by men; the second fire was made by the Master. At the first, Peter denied Jesus; at the second, he acknowledged Him as Lord. But in between were two life-changing experiences: Peter's tears and Jesus' cross. When your tears of remorse mingle with God's forgiveness, the result is always losing your guilt and finding new joy!

---------------------

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Thanks, Adam!
    David

3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ASV Matthew 3:11b
    ...he shall baptize you in the Holy Spirit and in fire.